Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN TENDERS  (Read 61428 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CHICKEN TENDERS
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:08:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've kicked some chicken tenders, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently kicking some cow tenders.  They find it quite invigorating.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:10:04 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CHICKEN TENDERS
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »

And the word of the day is: RIGAMAROLE!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 12:13:48 AM »

Are we sure that is not a pasta dish???

Rigatoni with lots of parmesan??
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:16:48 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 12:18:58 AM »

Bk, I know several times you have mentioned your Darling daughter, is she also involved in acting?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 12:20:54 AM »

No, my daughter is very smart, hence is not in show business.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 12:21:20 AM »

continued learing line vibes to you bk!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 12:21:54 AM »

No, my daughter is very smart, hence is not in show business.

I wish her well on all her endeavours....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 12:23:35 AM »

A good friend of mine was once involved in the music industry in Ireland. I have heard soem interesting tales...

Through another friend who is in the industry, I have heard some rather bizarre tales....

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 12:27:40 AM »

The Riga-Ma-Role is a Latvian pastry delicacy coloured rather than flavoured with the juice of beetroot.  The pastry is often served at Weddings and served warm.

The Tallin-Ma-Role served in neighbouring Estonia is similar in shape but is not considered a delicacy. It is often the midday meal of the workers and eaten cold.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:28:24 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 03:25:05 AM »

Good morning, all!  It's past 6:15 am and I'm on my first cup of coffee.  I have a busy day out about and I'd like to be out of the apartment by 7:15 or so.  I have to start editing a new Victor Herbert show this morning, THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER (1912, Elsie Janis, Montgomery & Stone), to send some work to our DR FJL's Skip.  Oy, such a sentence!

After that, at 1:00, I have lunch with two friends from Barnes & Noble, and then I have some Chorus work here.  I have to drop off some music to the conductor at their rehearsal tonight.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 05:50:29 AM »

TAR was very good last night and I am satisfied with the results.

That is all.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 05:50:57 AM »

I am involved in a rigamarole today which I hope will finish by noon so that I can relaz.  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 05:52:48 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day - and I noticed this on SWEETHEARTS although I have seen it on many musicals...the credit that reads:

Musical Presentation by [Merrill Pye]

Does this mean Mr Pye designed the sets and costumes for the supposed musical show in the movie?

And what's with these wacky credits in Italian movies:

With the Special Participation of....

And how the hell do you "Guest Star" in a movie?

FJL

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 06:23:28 AM »

Re the first preview of LESTAT - Just a head's up in case people (besides Jose, of course :) ) really want to be at the very first New York public performance of LESTAT.  The producers must have released some front mezz. tickets for that performance on Ticketmaster fairly recently, and you can even get them at the discount (as of right now, anyway, I'm sure they'll go very fast!) if you use the discount code BBOX1 - but as I said, you probably have to act fast.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 06:36:02 AM »

BK, I'm sure you'll be brilliant in the play.  It's the role you were born to play.  After all, it was written for you...

FJL

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:01 AM »

Hmmm. I wonder if I can make my 1600th post...

FJL

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:27 AM »

...reply #16.

Danise

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:28 AM »

'Morning all!

I also have a lunch date with the lady who retired from where I work a few years back.  We're going to the Olive Garden for their Endless Soup and Salad.  Yum!  Looking forward to it.

Thanks for answering my question, DR Jose.  I kinda thought that every keyboard has it’s own quirks that one needs to get used to.  

We already got the mail for today.  I received my copies of The Frisco Kid and the “Special Edition” of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth).  I know, I already have that one but it wasn’t the SE and I wanted it.  

I’m really looking forward to watching The Frisco Kid as it is one of my all time favorite movies.  So many great lines…..  

Can’t say that I’m all that crazy about the cover picture.  Harrison was so handsome when he was dressed up at the end of the movie.  Why they didn’t pick something from that section to use is beyond me.  

I’m just so glad that it was FINELY released to a legal copy.  I was sure tempted to buy that one that was on Ebay sometime back, now I’m glad I waited.

Now if only some others would make the jump to DVD. The Awakening Land with Elizabeth Montgomery, for example,  is another that I would love to own.  

Well, I'd better go and get dressed for lunch.  

Laters and a wonderful day to you all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 07:46:43 AM »

Re the first preview of LESTAT - Just a head's up in case people (besides Jose, of course :) ) really want to be at the very first New York public performance of LESTAT.  The producers must have released some front mezz. tickets for that performance on Ticketmaster fairly recently, and you can even get them at the discount (as of right now, anyway, I'm sure they'll go very fast!) if you use the discount code BBOX1 - but as I said, you probably have to act fast.

I wish I could be there to see it.  A year ago today, I left NYC to come home after a wonderful couple of days that included the reading by our very own BK.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »

Congrats to DR FJL on his 1600th post!

I really do have to go!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 07:51:05 AM »

Good morning!

What a joy to see blue sky and sunlight after two days of gray skies, rain, and cold temperatures. It's still fairly cold for late March - low 40s right now, but we're promised 50s for the next few days (low 50s today), so that will help. Still, we have a freeze warning for tonight. Thankfully, I haven't done any spring planting yet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 07:52:43 AM »

Well, I like Tom Berenger in many roles, but no one emerges from SLIVER with anything but egg on his or her face. It's a miserable film.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 07:53:46 AM »

Alas, my large order from Amazon has not shipped yet so CAPOTE and CHICKEN LITTLE and several other films and boxed sets are still sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Not a happy camper.  :(

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 07:56:40 AM »

DR DakotaCelt asked last night what the worst movie is that we've seen. I'm sure there are lots of low grade films that are terrible and not worthy of the celluloid they're printed on, but as far as A-level films, I'd have to say that MONSIGNOIR with Christopher Reeve is among the most tedious and disappointing major studio works I've ever seen. I also thought Burt Reynolds' STROKER ACE was abominable.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 07:59:16 AM »

With LAW & ORDER moving up an hour on NBC to 9 p.m., I'm now faced with four shows I watch on at 9: LAW & ORDER, LOST, VERONICA MARS, and the AMERICAN IDOL results show.

IDOL can be taped in the bedroom since I'm going to fast forward through most everything but the results anyway. And tonight, the local UPN affiliate is doing me a favor by showing basketball in prime time and pushing VERONICA MARS back to 11:30.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 08:03:11 AM »

And two new dramas premiere tonight: on ABC we have a new law procedural THE EVIDENCE whereby the viewer is shown the evidence first and then we see how each piece becomes part of the puzzle of the crime and its eventual solution. Sounds like an OK premise, but the pilot didn't get great reviews. The initial order was for four episodes only. ABC had no success with EYES in this slot last season, but it did have both CSI: NY and LAW & ORDER as opposition. THE EVIDENCE is facing a new show on NBC and may be able to build an audience.

NBC is premiering HEIST tonight. Reviewers have called it OCEANS ELEVEN adapted for TV. The reviews haven't been great for it either, and I'll be surprised if NBC doesn't switch it and L&O after a few weeks. L&O just seems a natural fit at 10 p.m. after all these years.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »

Just a reminder that fans of OUT OF PRACTICE and COURTING ALEX, two CBS comedies which scored good ratings when they aired on Mondays at 9:30, are now being shown on Wednesday in their new timeslots (8 and 8:30 respectively). Don't know how either will play at this early hour, but at least the competition isn't as fierce on WEdnesdays.

Of course, I also have BONES on at 8 which I'll watch "live" while recording the comedies.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 08:07:58 AM »

Hiya, all!

I just read through yesterday's posts, and see some questions from DR's George, TCB and Jose about the show this Saturday night...

I was Artistic Director of the Radost Folk Ensemble from 1999-2001 - Radost is the Northwest's premiere ethnic music and dance ensemble. I produced their 25th Anniversary CD, HEIRLOOM. Since then, I have also served as chorusmaster and tech advisor, auctioneer for 4 of their annual fundraising auctions, blahblahblah.

So they called me a couple of weeks ago, and asked if I would Stage Manage this 30th Anniversary Concert at Kane Hall on Saturday night. But there are other problems I will be dealing with - one of them: the Bulgarians' interminable costume changes. I solved this problem yesterday, during my shower...

Radost has zillions of slides from 30 years of performances, rehearsals, international tours, members' weddings in full regalia, the babies growing up to become apprentice dancers, then full company members, then soloists. So I decided to cover the big holes in the show with projections (y'all know how Penny LOVES projections!!), accompanied by live-mic voice-overs, reading some of the reminiscences from the CD booklet of HEIRLOOM.

Nothing sucks worse than 15 seconds to 3 minutes of DEAD AIR, in the dark. I'll fix it. But first I have to watch this video of the rehearsal... then tomorrow morning, off to Seattle to see if Kane Hall has ANY lighting. I have my doubts...

Oh, and tix are available at
www.radost.org
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 08:12:34 AM »

Happy relapsing today, Bruce! I know you'll look just beeyooteefull in yer new duds! Congratulations on getting cast in such a swell role in such a good play!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 08:14:19 AM »

Okay, off to watch this video of the run-through now... laters!

And, before I go, ONE MORE TIME I want to say how extraordinary it is to have been there for Jose's off-B'way debut one year ago, and to know he's on a brand new show ON BROADWAY just a short year later!!! Wow.
PennyO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up