Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: APRIL IN EARNEST  (Read 16197 times)

FJL

Re:APRIL IN EARNEST
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2006, 08:55:09 PM »

And one for Molar

Er, Mahler

FJL

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2006, 08:56:01 PM »

I think I lost those ten pounds just from that frenzy.  What's the sparkling prize?  Or has the contest not started yet?

FJL

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »

My work is done.

I'm finally on Page Six.

BK asked for some late night frenzies.  So it was written, so it was done.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »

Good night, Matt!

Kerry

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »

Congratulations on the closing night of the play.  I'm glad it went well for you, Bruce.  I'm hoping to see the filmed version since I missed going with DR Laura.  I didn't get pancakes either.

I envy you getting a massage.  I haven't had one in about a year and a half.  I'll have to treat myslef one of these days.

The evening is cool; the citrus trees are in blossom, and the air is heavy with fragrance.  I love this time of year. ;D
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

Good Evening!

DR FJL - THANK YOU to you and Skip for the tickets to 70, Girls, 70.  It truly was a most enjoyable evening.  All the "history" up on that stage actually had me a bit teary-eyed during the opening number.  And it was a true joy seeing my buddy, Mark Price, on stage with Charlotte Rae doing "Go Visit Your Grandmother".

And my date for the evening, James, pulled his North Carolina charm on the box office personnel and was able to exchange the two tickets/seats you had given me for two together in the center orchestra.  Very nice.

Thank you again.  I'm sorry your tax preparation dutied prevented you from going.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2006, 10:17:21 PM »

And tonight's audience was filled with notables and near-notables: Anne Meara, Jerry Stiller, Tyne Daly, Rob Marshall, etc.

And come to think of it, the ensemble on stage was a practical who's-who of 60's, 70's and 80's sitcom guest stars.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »

...And after the show, James and I headed over to Rosa Mexicano for a late supper.  The food was good, the coffee dreadful (burned and cold!), and the service a bit dismissive and hurried.  -I ended up having to have a chat with one of the managers. -Well, the one manager who actually seemed to be doing her job tonight.  :-\  But again, the food was very good, and the company sparkling.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2006, 10:19:41 PM »

DR Kerry - Hello!  And please pass on a big hug to DR MusicGuy too!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2006, 10:31:48 PM »

DP Colin and I watched "The House Of Sand & Fog" last night. IMHO an unpleasant movie with little to say except "read your mail".   I cared for it NOT. maybe it's not a good week for DVD viewing. We were (DP more so) disappointed in the newest Harry Potter. Maybe it was just that the book was too involved to be trimmed down that much and the editing seemed "off". I think I coped better as I had read the book.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

(DR TPunk - Re your question - I shouldn't say this in public - but, yes, I'm going to TIVO NoTORIous. I'm curious.)

I'm taping this, too.  I never cared for Tori Spelling on any show where she was supposed to be "attractive" or "seductive" (mainly, because I didn't care for those kinds of shows, in general), but I rented the movie "Trick" and she was very funny!  She played a not-very-good actress and was actually very good at it.  I'm actually looking forward to "NoTORIous" for that reason. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »

Thanks to all who kept the haineshisway.com spirit alive whilst the WUSSBURGERS and the errant and truant are off doing whatever they are doing.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2006, 10:44:54 PM »

DR Jose, I am glad to hear that the show is doing well. I have a student worker that is going to NYC in the near future for a job interview and hopefully can take the show in.

I recognize a number of hte names of notables that were there.  

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2006, 10:46:21 PM »

sorry I have been errant and truant but when I dont feel well, I tend to be cranky and I dont want to inflect that too much on anyone.

Besides work was no picnic tonight. We had trouble with sewer smell and I am wondering if that is what is also making me feel a tad ill.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 10:50:02 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »

Or should that be "whom among us"
" I enjoy being a girl" I think that was line from "To Whom The Belle told"
Which is wasted because DR FJL has left the building.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2006, 10:49:03 PM »

I think I may go and read and see if my stomach quiets and listen to my Liz Callaway cd....

What a voice!!

Bk, did a WONDERFUL job on her cd!

.. I also like Sarah Brightman and a fellow Matt Ashford fan introduced me also to Micheal Buble.

George

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2006, 11:08:24 PM »

" I enjoy being a girl" I think that was line from "To Whom The Belle told"
Which is wasted because DR FJL has left the building.

This reminds me of the joke:

Evidence has been found that William Tell and his family were avid bowlers. However, all the league records were unfortunately destroyed in a fire. Thus we'll never know for whom the Tells bowled.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »

Today, I was at my sister's house with my family eating dinner and playing cards.  I went over at about 4:00 p.m. and didn't get home until about an hour ago.  They had au jus and I had a freebie from Port of Subs...since I don't like au jus and I had to get ice cream (Breyer's with Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and Breyer's Butter Pecan) and other stuff at the store that was right next to Port of Subs.  We played Phase 10 and I lost miserably.  It was a lot of fun, though.  And I actually remembered (eventually) to set my VCRs to tape shows AND I reset the clocks on both of my VCRs.  I'm happy about that. :)

George

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2006, 11:15:30 PM »

Good ideas!  I used shortening and they came out just right, but I miss the butter flavor, so next time I'm considering using part butter and part shortening, but I may try chilling the dough.  

Cillaliz, have you ever tried butter-flavor Crisco?  I've used it before and it does add a nice flavor to cookies.

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2006, 11:15:40 PM »

After a slight hiatus from my Bollywood viewing I have plucked from my Hindi library the DVD of MURDER (2004) starring Ashmit Patel, Mallika Sherawat, and Emran Hashmi.

The story of a lonely married woman who runs into a former boyfriend...it all ends in MURDER!  :o

Tomovoz

« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2006, 11:21:59 PM »

Thank you DR George.  All is not lost - though the lone pun ranger has gone to bed.  (He was seen with Tonto last week. No!  Seen in Toronto!) I shall refrain from making an inappropriate SILVERdaddies reference.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2006, 11:38:08 PM »

Who among us has not sung at one point or other "I enjoy being a girl."

In public?? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up