Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE MOOD  (Read 13211 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:IN THE MOOD
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »

MBarnum please forward the photo of Miss Blue Moon to me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2006, 06:43:19 PM »

......Well, I've been away from the lights of Fourteenth Street, and into my personal haze, but now that I'm back...........
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2006, 06:45:53 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~RAPID RECOVERY VIBES FOR ELMORE'S DAD~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2006, 06:57:48 PM »

LOL! Nilla is only 5 1/2, but all his internal functioning tests that were off kilter last time he had teeth removed are all normal now. He'll be a toothless wonder, but will undoubtedly grow to be an old man.  Like the human old men who run around without their false teeth!
Oooh, the images that conjured up.  Sorry, but it was a deal-breaker for me back when I was dating.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

I drug my friends Ron, Mark and James to go see it and guess what...they all really enjoyed the movie! As did I

And what kind of drugs did you give your friends?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2006, 07:43:48 PM »

Forgot to mention that tomorrow night I am seeing Debbie Gravitte (aka Debbie Shapiro Gravitte aka Debbie Shapiro) in concert.

I have always enjoyed her singing, but I have never seen her in concert. I did see her on Broadway twice though, in They're Playing Our Song and Jerome Robbins' Broadway.

She is the last performer in the Broadway Cabaret series that I subscribe to and this is the one I wanted to see most!

Now I can get her to sign all those cd inserts!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »

I have been listing to the Kevin Spirtas cabaret album quite alot since I received it last week.

I think the cd is one of the best live cabaret performance recordings that I have in my collections. (Although I think I could have done without all the whooping noise. Applause should suffice.)
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Back from dinner.  More later.

Michael

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2006, 07:59:27 PM »

And I must be getting old but  Andrea Martin's track on the STAGE Strouse, Schwartz and Schwartz but was quite offensive with the constant use of the f-word during the performance of the song. She would have been just as funny without them.

I think Carole Cook could have been better.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2006, 08:21:11 PM »

Had a nice evening of viewing tonight. First, I watched a LAW & ORDER rerun on TNT-HD. Interesting case featuring a wife who plays the attorneys a la Christine/Romain Vole in WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2006, 08:23:49 PM »

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER wasn't very funny but certainly moved the storyline along in interesting ways with the ongoing Ted-Robin "will they or won't they." Not as compelling as the Ross and Rachel union on FRIENDS, but I suppose it has the potential to be. If only it were as funny.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2006, 08:24:38 PM »

'24' continues on its heart stopping, stomach churning suspense ride for another outstanding hour.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »

And CSI: MIAMI also continued a story which was begun earlier in the season with a modern day Bonnie and Clyde in Miami. OK episode but still curious who the mole is going to turn out to be in the department.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2006, 08:30:07 PM »

Cilla!!! Happy for you and Nilla - poor little toothless guy! Oh, give him a squeeze for me! Can't wait to get all the dirty deets about your trial!!! sounds so fun! Attorneys and juries - talk about performance art!!! Hahahahahahahaaa!!!!!

Woods! Brucer! Oh, puppies! I guess I knew it had to be a furry sort of announcement. Love them puppies! Need pix!

Elmo - sweet boy, best vibes on your dad's recovery. It'll be nice to go for a calm and peaceful visit - not that git-on-the-damn-plane-ASAP stuff. Breathe a deep one. Have some chicken soup. love you, boy
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2006, 08:34:35 PM »

Such a busy day tomorrow! In the morning, I have to take my car in to be inspected, a yearly headache.

In the afternoon, I'll be picking up my friend Jeff from the airport (been in Las Vegas for the past week) and driving him home, during rush hour. Argh!

So, I'm headed downstairs now to rest up.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2006, 09:08:55 PM »

Cilla!!! Happy for you and Nilla - poor little toothless guy! Oh, give him a squeeze for me! Can't wait to get all the dirty deets about your trial!!! sounds so fun! Attorneys and juries - talk about performance art!!! Hahahahahahahaaa!!!!!

You don't know how right you are.  It's all prep. If you have all the prep done, you get in the zone and it just flows like any performance.  Of course it's not scripted and the lines change constantly.   I  took a week of Improv with Stephen Book at Esalen back in 1990. Did wonders for my trial work. I learned to work with the unexpected not to freak out when it happened. It's made a lot of difference.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2006, 09:10:32 PM »

Speaking of prep, I've got to grab another yogurt (ok, I was good and didn't go get ice cream) and finish my prep for tomorrow so I can try to get some sleep.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2006, 09:43:56 PM »

Forgot to mention that tomorrow night I am seeing Debbie Gravitte (aka Debbie Shapiro Gravitte aka Debbie Shapiro) in concert.

I have always enjoyed her singing, but I have never seen her in concert. I did see her on Broadway twice though, in They're Playing Our Song and Jerome Robbins' Broadway.

She is the last performer in the Broadway Cabaret series that I subscribe to and this is the one I wanted to see most!

Now I can get her to sign all those cd inserts!

Debbie and Stephen Schwartz and Scott Coulter came to Olympia last year and performed a fabulous concert.  After the concert, they all came out to the lobby and signed CDs for everyone that wanted it.  They were all very nice and Debbie was just delightful!  I have no doubt that you'll love the show!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 09:44:39 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2006, 10:03:07 PM »

Michael S: I don't mind Andrea's profanity, which in context I found very amusing.  If you thought Carole could be better, you should have heard the fourteen minutes I cut out.

George

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2006, 10:13:51 PM »

Michael S: I don't mind Andrea's profanity, which in context I found very amusing.  If you thought Carole could be better, you should have heard the fourteen minutes I cut out.

What about a special Kritzerland CD-single release of the entire Carole Cook performance?? ;) Maybe you could do it as an extra fund-raiser for S.T.A.G.E.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:14:30 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2006, 10:22:50 PM »

Back from NY where I had a glorious time. Among other things, I had a lovely breakfast on Sunday with DRs Elmore and Jose and Jose's friend, Andy. Will post a photo of said breakfast tomorrow.

George

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2006, 12:02:28 AM »

Today in the mail, I got Susan Egan's first (I think) CD called "So Far[/b]" and a DVD called "A Tale of Cinderella."  I'll listen to the CD tomorrow and add the DVD to my "must be watched" pile. (It's getting taller and taller!)  The Cinderella DVD (and the cast recording CD, which I also have) has a connection to HHW...our very own Elmore did the orchestrations! ;D

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 12:04:07 AM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up