Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE MOOD  (Read 13205 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
IN THE MOOD
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:08:32 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you were in the mood to read the notes, the notes were in the mood to be read, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - of course, they are in the moo-d.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 12:55:23 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:IN THE MOOD
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 12:09:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: PUNDIT!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 12:25:27 AM »

A word of the day - a Hindi word of the day.  A Bollywood word of the day.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 12:26:41 AM »

Talk to friends who will listen and not opine!!
Such friends can be of the 4 legged kind too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:27:56 AM »

A good walk enjoying the world of nature - even just the local park - where there are trees and birds, also helps.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:22 AM »

Good morning, dear DR Elmore.  Thinking of your family today - check your email for more details  :-*
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 04:24:12 AM »

Good morning, all!  Thank you, DRGinny, for the email.  I'm awake, sitting by the telephone, and waiting for news.   I'm all packed and ready to go.

Last week I reported on a certain Maestro of unlimited arrogance, ego and gall who was begging for money.  He has been bailed from the threat of eviction by a charitable act on the part of a kind acquaintance of mine who has long been a victim of the Maestro's arrogance and scorn.  Unfortunately, humility and generosity will never be a part of this arrogant conductor's vocabulary, although a passing acquaintance with such words might have been beneficial in  his short career.

TOD:  I am thinking positively today, no negativity!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 04:34:29 AM »

In Classical Latin, mirabile dictu! I just called Middletown Hospital to see if I could speak to one of my brothers.  My father is just going in to surgery, and I got to speak to him before they anesthetized him.  My brothers have promised to keep me informed, as I knew they would, but I wanted to be sure they knew my schedule today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:38:56 AM »

Thinking of you and your Father DR Elmore.
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 05:17:05 AM »

Good healthy vibes to your fatherm DR Larry Moore.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 05:18:20 AM »

Good morning, all!  Thank you, DRGinny, for the email.  I'm awake, sitting by the telephone, and waiting for news.   I'm all packed and ready to go.

Last week I reported on a certain Maestro of unlimited arrogance, ego and gall who was begging for money.  He has been bailed from the threat of eviction by a charitable act on the part of a kind acquaintance of mine who has long been a victim of the Maestro's arrogance and scorn.  Unfortunately, humility and generosity will never be a part of this arrogant conductor's vocabulary, although a passing acquaintance with such words might have been beneficial in  his short career.

Is it who I think it is?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 05:26:46 AM »

Is it who I think it is?

I mention no names but it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.  I'm sorry he was bailed out since he deserves no pity or kindness as long as he continues to blame everyone but himself for his situation.

Jennifer

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 06:15:41 AM »

Hey for anyone who watches APPRENTICE.  Apparently it is on for TWO hours tonight (9pm-11pm).  And no MEDIUM again. :(

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 06:24:07 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I got home late last night from the Cincinnati Pops concert (which was wonderful!) and had to be up early this morning.  Work will be interesting today, as we are all being trained on new computer sign-up software that's being installed tomorrow.  The punks who spend all day, every day on the library's public computers will detest it.

TOD -

Music:  any of BK's productions, Bryn Terfel, the Cincinnati Pops, the University of Michigan Marching Band, original cast albums, almost anything on my iPod.

Puttering around our house, especially cooking (when not under pressure) and clearing out the clutter

Spending time with my family and friends (both in person and online!)

Chocolate and Ice Cream
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 06:38:05 AM »

My brother just called:  my Father is out of surgery.  They removed about 8 inches of colon and believe they got most of the cancer.  The doctor said they've probably bought him another five years.  

Thank you all for the vibes and your good wishes.  I'm heading over to Holy Trinity to pray a bit, then a druggist (high blood pressure!) although I'm sure my corner druggist could deal me with other more chemicals to help me out.  Then a soothing trip to Toyland, where I can soothe my spirits with some wonderful music.  I'm keeping the bag packed in case there's an emergency in the next few days, and I believe I will book a flight to Ohio for next month.

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 06:50:48 AM »

Thanks for the update, DR Elmore.  Continued vibes for your dad.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 07:00:42 AM »

[size=8][move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~RAPID RECOVERY VIBES FOR ELMORE'S FATHER~~~~~~~~[/move][/size]
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »

Elmore, you and your dad are (and have been) in my prayers.

vixmom

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 07:03:14 AM »

I have been  E& T all weekend, and I have not had an opportunity to catch up.. so vibes to all what needs 'em and I will try and catch up during the course of the next couple of days.

FJL

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »

Continued vibes for Larry's Dad.

MBarnum

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 07:30:04 AM »

DR Elmoore, my vibes for your father were sent telepathically last night...'cause I couldn't seem to reach you by phone...out gallivanting, no doubt!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 07:45:21 AM »

Good morning!

Another beautiful day here with the same high as yesterday - 70. It's cold right now, though. In the high 40s, and my heat has kicked on a couple of times this morning.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 07:46:10 AM »

Glad to read the positive news about your father's surgery, DR Elmore, and good wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully what the doctor said about his prognosis will come to pass.

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 07:47:36 AM »

I had a fantastic weekend....attended the independent film festival held at the old Laurelhurst Theatre in Portland. Met Diana Darrin's son, former 1980s kid actor Evan (Down and Out in Beverly Hills) Richards. Evan was showing his feature film IN A DAY. Filmed in England it is a cute romantic comedy/drama with a very nice story and message.

I drug my friends Ron, Mark and James to go see it and guess what...they all really enjoyed the movie! As did I! Evan is going to have a fine career as a director and a writer, I tell you! His film has already garnered some nice awards at different film festivals, and they were well deserved...and he is a very nice and funny guy!

A friend of Evan's from his acting days, former kid actor Chris Claridge (who now lives in Portland) was in attendance along with some of Chris' family members. After dinner Evan, Chris, Chris' parents, my buddies and I all went out to dinner and had a wonderful time!

Chris is also a budding film maker and has been trying to find a distributor for his film FLOPHOUSE, which I hope to be getting a DVD of soon...in fact I need to remember to e-mail Chris today about that.

Anyway, that was my weekend...it was fun!

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 07:48:49 AM »

Yep, no MEDIUM again tonight, but the ads last night on NBC trumpeted five new shows in a row starting next week.

I have to say NBC is going all out to try to push CONVICTION down people's throats. They've replaced LAW & ORDER: SVU with a new episode of CONVICTION tomorrow night. Friday's show was the lowest rated yet, on par with the ratings for THE BOOK OF DANIEL. This may be its last gasp if it doesn't do something stellar in this time period, one that NBC noramlly owns with SVU.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 07:50:33 AM »

Wanted to alert folks about the sale on Criterion Collection DVDs at Deep Discount right now. It only lasts through today, but some of them are almost half off the list price. The last time they did this, I bought three of the discs and this time I got another three that I had resisted the last time.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 07:52:45 AM »

When the world feels like it's crashing down around me, I generally eat sweets. If I had had some cake here when I got in Friday night from that long and depressing day, I must assuredly would have pigged out on it. Happily for me, there wasn't any cake here, but I did have a couple of granola bars (the closest thing I had to sweets in the house).

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 07:54:39 AM »

I will probably put in BLONDE VENUS today to watch. Haven't decided if I'm going to finish CAPOTE or not, having seen it at the movies and once already on DVD.

I'll see how I'm feeling after lunch. Best friend John and I will probably be Taco Bell-ing today.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 08:22:28 AM »

Off to get cleaned up now for my lunch out.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 08:24:09 AM »

Good morning, everyone!

Great to see the faces what dare show themselves this early!

Great news about Larry's father's surgery!  Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Does anyone know what has happened to TPunk and Rodzinski?  Have they fallen off the face of the earth?  Have they gone on a long voyage?  Have they joined the Foreign Legion?

I was awakened this morning by bird song.  And it was cheering and delightful. I cannot imagine that impression lasting should it continue day in and day out, but for now, it's great to have been awakened in that manner.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up