Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IF I SEW CHEWS  (Read 15397 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:IF I SEW CHEWS
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2006, 03:27:46 PM »

Bruce! Whatcha makin' for the seder? And am I invited? Family seder not until Friday night... matzo, chicken soup with matzo balls, matzo farfel, matzo kugel, a matzo meal cake for dessert. And the brisket. Mmmmmmm.... starch and fat!!!

I feel very stupid asking this. What is Matzo?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

Page 6 dance!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »

Are you pointing that camera at me?

Wait, wait, I can look even cuter!

And I can do action pictures, too!  I'm not just another pretty face!

Look at the precious face!!

Congrats!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2006, 03:31:18 PM »

Oucha magoucha...

Maybe the board needs to be smudged?

Bad Karma?

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2006, 03:33:54 PM »

Full Moon, April 13, 2006 - that explains a lot.  

It's getting weirder and weirder here at the library tonight.  We have no public internet access because the PC reservation software is being installed.  Whatever do you suppose the punks are doing instead?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »

Okay, here is my test picture post:

Just trying a random picture from a freinds JNJ site...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »

Full Moon, April 13, 2006 - that explains a lot.  

It's getting weirder and weirder here at the library tonight.  We have no public internet access because the PC reservation software is being installed.  Whatever do you suppose the punks are doing instead?

I agree.... REally weird tonight here...

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

I also tried to post a photo on Sunday night and went through what I remember as the usual method and it didn't come up.  Three times I tried...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »

I bought a little mini-hard drive today - 100 gigs - to back up my entire laptop hardrive to.  Vinnie's coming over tomorrow to set it up for me, so that my computer will automatically back up to this little drive every three days.

I then had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich for lunch, and then wrote three pages, a good day's work, I think.  

It looks like I'll be heading to the editing room around five.

That is a very good idea bk. I do that with an external hard drive to back up my writing and genealogy material.

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2006, 03:39:16 PM »

DR Tomovoz - I missed the chance to say Good Morning/Good Night to you earlier!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2006, 03:40:16 PM »

Could it be having a selective bad mood issue with pictures??

My buff pictures from the other day went up well.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »

Good day/ Good evening to one and all!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2006, 03:43:59 PM »

Question for those who have done papers or someone who can give suggestions.

AS an appendice to my paper I am including the cast lists from the movies I have studied. However I did watch a few other programs to support my argument and these. The program in question is Centennial. I have made several references to three episodes in the show. Would I include the cast list from the three programs in question or the entire miniseries?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:44:32 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2006, 03:49:45 PM »

A friend of mine lives in the far northern part of North Dakota and shared picture of the flooding up in her area...

The land in far eastern ND is very flat and we sit at the bottom of an ancient glacial lake bed called Lake Agassiz.

http://www.cropnet.com/oslo2006/

BTW, the pictures when I posted them I used the Quick reply and they seemd to go through okay the other day...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2006, 04:01:17 PM »

Mr. Bakalor has confirmed there is definitely a problem, and he has not a clew as to what it might be.  I've asked him to try and get hold of his tech guy, who created this board.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2006, 04:23:02 PM »

I feel very stupid asking this. What is Matzo?

Matzo is the unleavened bread, hastily potchked together for the trip outa Egypt - no time for the bread to rise, so it's flat. It's that square speckled, dry, crumbly, tasteless cracker stuff Jews have, instead of regular bread, during Passover. There is even a bread-cleansing ritual before Passover happens, where you vaccuum out the bread drawer and get rid of any crumbs of chumetz... that's the leavened stuff. Anything with leavening in it... OUT! When you chew matzo, it becomes a sort of cement mixture in your mouth, nevermind what it does to your kishkas.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2006, 04:25:32 PM »

Elmo! Maria!! I want to see those %$^&#*!! pictures from Sunday brunch! Grrrr....
PennyO

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »

COWABUNGA!  Norman Rockwell never looked so good.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2006, 04:30:49 PM »

I heard a very funny song on the radio today, from a CD called WHAT I LIKE ABOUT JEW...

Song was "They Tried to Kill Us, We Survived, Let's Eat!" and a strange and hilarious bit of fluff it was. I forget the name of the band. The song is about EVERY Jewish holiday - Hanukah? they tried and failed... let's eat! Passover? They tried. We survived. Let's eat. All the stories, lumped together. Very funny lyrics. And a faux-Yiddishe-Mama-Theo Bikel-yelps-in-Yiddish tune, yeidle-deidle-beedle-deedle-fiddle-diddle-yid.
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the editing room, where I shall remain for about three hours or so, after which, I shall return to you dear, dear people in the dark.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

I'll try to post it again!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2006, 04:44:34 PM »

Nope!  Damn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2006, 04:45:24 PM »

DR Vixmom - Yes, I do still have that recipe and I treasure it because it's one of the few things I have in my late father's handwriting.  I will email it to you and probably make a batch, which would please my DH and my DS very much.

Oh Ginny, I would love a copy of that recipe.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2006, 04:49:46 PM »

COWABUNGA!  Norman Rockwell never looked so good.

This was by the Post's "other" major cover artist, J. C. Leyendecker!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »

For some odd reason, my throat has become scratchy...and I'm cold...almost to the point of shiveringly cold.

And I have to walk three blocks in the current cold, rainy weather to get to my parking garage.

Shoot.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »

Off to information-waitress for an hour.  I'll post the recipe tomorrow morning.

Bye for now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »

Jrand, I thought Max no longer had any songs in the Hallmarkanized version of SOUND OF MUSIC.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2006, 05:04:24 PM »

I heard a very funny song on the radio today, from a CD called WHAT I LIKE ABOUT JEW...

Song was "They Tried to Kill Us, We Survived, Let's Eat!" and a strange and hilarious bit of fluff it was. I forget the name of the band. The song is about EVERY Jewish holiday - Hanukah? they tried and failed... let's eat! Passover? They tried. We survived. Let's eat. All the stories, lumped together. Very funny lyrics. And a faux-Yiddishe-Mama-Theo Bikel-yelps-in-Yiddish tune, yeidle-deidle-beedle-deedle-fiddle-diddle-yid.

Cute!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »

Nope!  Damn!

Elmore and Maria. I have a photohosting account online and I can try for you, if you wish... Just let me know.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »

DR Ginny

My student workers are being very, very odd tonight

They are talking about Information Custodians aka reference librarians
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up