Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS ON THE MATZO BALL  (Read 17420 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS ON THE MATZO BALL
« Reply #270 on: April 12, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »

Rodzinski, "Sand in My Shoes" was kind of a standard for Bobby Short.  He had a few versions, I believe, on a couple of albums.

DakotaCelt, Tewkesbury is the dog.  He's a mutt but probably has a good dose of schnauzer in him as well as either Yorkie or Silky or some kind of terrier.  I have no idea where is white plume of a tail comes from.  

Mosby is the Cat, alternately known as The Grey Ghost.  You're probably far too young to remember the TV show about Civil War Confederate Raider, John Mosby, who was also known as the Grey Ghost, played by Tod Andrews.  There was a theme song that went: "Grey Ghost is what they called him, John Mosby was his name."  

The Cat, before he was named, was dubbed the Grey Ghost by me for his habit of stealthy, startling appearances and so Mosby folllowed as a moniker.  "Grey Ghost is what they called him, Cat Mosby was his name!"  "Cat Mosby" is what they actually had on his records at my old vet and what the vet always called him.  He usually called around here Mo, Moto, Mighty Mo. Or "you ornery bugger". The dog is Tewkes, Tewke, Tewker. Or just, "you shit-brained woogie."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: April 12, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »

Passover was fun.  Guests are gone, and I've cleaned up and the first batch of dishes is in the washer.  Tammy is lying on my couch like so much fish, where she has been passed out for the last hour.  A little too much pre-dinner wine on an empty stomach, methinks.  I suppose I'll have to awken her at some point soon.

Tomovoz

« Reply #272 on: April 12, 2006, 10:29:44 PM »

Guess I should not have shortend (not even Bobbied) the title..  "I've Got Sand in My Shoes" by the Drifters was written as a follow up by the writers of "Under the Boardwalk".  Not the same song as sung by Polly  Bergen, Helen Morgan et al.  Nor, I guess, the song by Dido.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #273 on: April 12, 2006, 10:41:31 PM »

Rodzinski, "Sand in My Shoes" was kind of a standard for Bobby Short.  He had a few versions, I believe, on a couple of albums.

DakotaCelt, Tewkesbury is the dog.  He's a mutt but probably has a good dose of schnauzer in him as well as either Yorkie or Silky or some kind of terrier.  I have no idea where is white plume of a tail comes from.  

Mosby is the Cat, alternately known as The Grey Ghost.  You're probably far too young to remember the TV show about Civil War Confederate Raider, John Mosby, who was also known as the Grey Ghost, played by Tod Andrews.  There was a theme song that went: "Grey Ghost is what they called him, John Mosby was his name."  

The Cat, before he was named, was dubbed the Grey Ghost by me for his habit of stealthy, startling appearances and so Mosby folllowed as a moniker.  "Grey Ghost is what they called him, Cat Mosby was his name!"  "Cat Mosby" is what they actually had on his records at my old vet and what the vet always called him.  He usually called around here Mo, Moto, Mighty Mo. Or "you ornery bugger". The dog is Tewkes, Tewke, Tewker. Or just, "you shit-brained woogie."

Cp, he is a lovely dog...

Mosby then is very fitting for your cat...

Tewkes sounds elegant!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up