Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEIRDLY PLACED "R"  (Read 28576 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE WEIRDLY PLACED "R"
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »

My favorite GH storylines involved Jessie Brewer's incessant murder trials.

I have heard about them but I dont really remember them. I did not watch until the 80s starting with Luke and Laura and onward...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2006, 07:52:48 PM »

I haven't opened it yet, so I actually might take it back and buy it from the cheaper store...not because I'm that cheap, but because the store that had it for less is a locally owned and operated and completely independent music store.  They've been in town for as long as I can remember.  Their prices are usually comparable, but this time, they're cheaper.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »

A 'soapy' page 8 tango...

From my favorite days story, CRuise of Deception: Matthew Ashford and Melissa Reeves (Jack and Jennifer)

or the lovely dance of Victor and Julie!!  (John Aniston and Susan Seaforth-Hayes]

« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:02:56 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2006, 07:56:40 PM »

I'm going to watch some shows that I taped over the weekend and last night.  Be back later. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »

I have heard about them but I dont really remember them. I did not watch until the 80s starting with Luke and Laura and onward...

Okay, then--my second favorite storyline was the wacky summer that involved Luke and Laura chasing around for the Ice Princess diamond and then the carbolic snow threat on Port Charles.  And all this led up to the event of the year--Luke and Laura's wedding (with special guest, Elizabeth Taylor.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2006, 07:59:31 PM »

I haven't opened it yet, so I actually might take it back and buy it from the cheaper store...not because I'm that cheap, but because the store that had it for less is a locally owned and operated and completely independent music store.  They've been in town for as long as I can remember.  Their prices are usually comparable, but this time, they're cheaper.

DR George, have you checked J&R yet.  Maybe they have another super-saver special going on.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »

I remember that storyline... That was fun!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, my absolutely favorite soap was ALL MY CHILDREN during the 80s.  That soap always had the best villains.  And Dorothy Lyman's Opal was one of the best soap opera characters ever.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2006, 08:17:49 PM »

Forget about getting Sweeney at J&R--they want 19.99 for it.  Amazon is cheaper at 16.97.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2006, 08:18:19 PM »

re: the new casting for the amazing race.

DR Jen--it looks like someone has hacked the entry for the "Married 40 Years Couple".

It's funny but I saw that too.  And it didn't seem to me that it was hacked. Or at least that was not my reaction.  This is not the cbs press release.  It was on the amazing race sucks main page.  I just thought they were being silly.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3923

Btw, the first words are what we are talking about. :)

Sacrificial Lambs" "Married 40 Years Couple" Barry Lazarus and Fran Lazarus. Barry is a 63-year-old retired physician while Fran is a 61-year-old retired accountant. The couple lives in Silverthorne, CO.

Jennifer

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »

I'm trying to find some interesting recipes to bring to a Superbowl party. Preferably things that are cold. Anybody have any ideas?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2006, 08:24:45 PM »

Ah - THE EDGE OF NIGHT....all the way through Mr Joel Crothers as a doctor!  

GENERAL HOSPITAL - the artificial insemination storyline....John Beradino as Dr Hardy and Rachel Ames as his wife Audrey....

I started watching it because DARK SHADOWS came on right afterwards!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2006, 08:30:38 PM »

GENERAL HOSPITAL - the artificial insemination storyline....John Beradino as Dr Hardy and Rachel Ames as his wife Audrey....

Yep, and another murder trial, with Audrey accused of offing her child's nanny.

Here in the Philly area we had GH, DS, then The Movie Game and The Steve Allen Show.  It was perfect late afternoon television.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »

The Movie Game - loved it when Larry Blyden was the host.  Once Shelley Winters was on....and in the middle of the show she suddenly exclaimed to Larry - "Oh, you're married to that girl who danced in The Pajama Game!"  And Larry calmly answered: "Was married to her....she's dead."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2006, 08:39:14 PM »

Hmmm  BORN YESTERDAY is turning dark toward to end....didn't know that...or expect it.

And I just realized that William Holden played opposite TWO of the Best Actress Nominees for 1950:  Judy and Gloria Swanson

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2006, 08:49:11 PM »

Time to see a DVD!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2006, 08:53:34 PM »

I got my COLOR PURPLE CD today, too, but it'll be awhile before I get around to it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Kerry

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2006, 08:56:23 PM »

Hiya Gang!

How are you?  My name's kerry; what's yours?

Happy Birthday to Michael Shayne!

I'm hoping that it might work to get over to LA and see "Deceit," but we'll see.  It's kind of iffy at this point.

I've missed everyone but haven't had much time to visit.  Where do the days go?  And nights?  And weeks?

I'm tired, but wanted to let you know that I was back in the lights of 14th Street and to remind you all that "Movies ARE your best entertainment."

I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

But wasn't SOUTH PACIFIC Todd-AO, not Cinemascope?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2006, 08:57:22 PM »

Okay, then--my second favorite storyline was the wacky summer that involved Luke and Laura chasing around for the Ice Princess diamond and then the carbolic snow threat on Port Charles.  And all this led up to the event of the year--Luke and Laura's wedding (with special guest, Elizabeth Taylor.)
\\\

I liked TAd and Dixie on AMC -- that was a great era for AMC

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »

Ah - THE EDGE OF NIGHT....all the way through Mr Joel Crothers as a doctor!  

EON was an interesting soap... btw, John Travolta got his start there...

The artificial insemination story I have read about. It was an interesting one. However I do have to say the best love scenes were between Tom Hardy and Felicia Jones (Matt AShford and Kristina Wagner)  There were some ..... interesting ones.....

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »

Watched another CSI: NY episode on DVD. Season 3 was a good one for the series, and the writers very smartly mixed up dynamics within the team so that there was competition and some strained feelings. Everything isn't always sweetness and light yet they still have jobs to do and have to do it working together even when there are bruised feelings involved.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2006, 09:01:16 PM »

Yep, and another murder trial, with Audrey accused of offing her child's nanny.Here in the Philly area we had GH, DS, then The Movie Game and The Steve Allen Show.  It was perfect late afternoon television.

I remember reading about the murder trail....

DS i have seen in reruns.... That was a creepy one... However much better written than Passions....

Matt H.

« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »

Finally got to the Faye Dunaway CSI, and it was a most entertaining episode. And shades of MOMMIE DEAREST when they opened one of her jewelry drawers and we saw her prized collection! Wow! Between the clothes and jewels, this was one snazzy lady (of course, way too nipped and tucked for comfort but it worked for the character very well).

Matt H.

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2006, 09:03:21 PM »

SUPERNATURAL had one of its weakest episodes of the year tonight. Very disappointing.

Matt H.

« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2006, 09:04:34 PM »

THE SHIELD offered another hour of riveting drama, one of the finest on TV. Michael Chiklis was electrifying tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

And now, my eyes are very heavy so I'll be heading down for bed.

Good night, everyone.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »

I'm hoping that it might work to get over to LA and see "Deceit," but we'll see.  It's kind of iffy at this point.

Hey, Kerry, seeing how I am supposed to go with you -- I think we'd better communicate telephonically tomorrow!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »

Hey, Kerry, seeing how I am supposed to go with you -- I think we'd better communicate telephonically tomorrow!

Give my regards to the actors if you go....

Have fun if you do...

Nice to meet ya Kerry

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »

But wasn't SOUTH PACIFIC Todd-AO, not Cinemascope?

I always think I'm being so clear:  Yes, South Pacific was shot in ToddAO, a 65mm film process.  Then, after its roadshow it was printed down to 35mm for regular engagements - those prints were Cinemascope, not Panavision (according to the "expert" Joecaps) - Panavision was not in use at the time of South Pacific.  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up