Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHOLLY DEPENDENT  (Read 13777 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHOLLY DEPENDENT
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »

Heat advisory for Indiana tomorrow.....temperatures expected to reach 105 degrees.

Saw Indiana highlighted on local news this a.m.    Serious drought....no watering of lawns, no washing cars, no filling swimming pools.   It's wonder they've not recommended military showers!

:(

Danise

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »

I am home, and I need to vacuum before Time Warner shows up and begins crawling over the modem and plugs under my computer table.

The buildng management on West 27th Street boggles me. They know that we'rekeeping the office space, only the name of the company is changign and that Packard is moving out in the next couple of weeks, but they won't let us move the 23rd Street office in until 8/01! This is ridiculous. Why can't we move in on 7/31?

If your wires are anything like mine you have to worry about the Modem and Plugs crawling not the the guy from Time Warner.  I swear they do crawl when you are not looking because I don't know how those wires get so tangled up by themselves!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »

So, I just sent a testy email about my unhappiness - they've been doing everything but hiring a crew and taking care of it since June 19 - about the mess they put us in.

VIBES!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »

I got a new remote today as well. I guess I will see if the accompanying instructions show me how to use the DVR. Why the fat hell isn't there an instruction manual?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »

From Bruce:

Had an e-mail response from you-know-who.  He did not recognize me, apparently - he knew I was there but was confused because it was such a big group.  He was waiting for someone to call him Steve so he'd know.  He apologized, so all is well.

I'm glad the response was friendly.  I'm guessing this has happened with other people & is an issue with him. 
He's in his 80s. Who knows what his eyesight is like. And by his own confession, if he were even sober.

:o :o  Steve drinks?    :o :o

He and I smoked a lot of marjuanaat a party around 1982!

This site gets more shocking by the minute

It's an outrage, isn't it!???  If I weren't afraid of being consumed by hell fire, I'd tell a baldfaced lie about never having done such a thing myself!
  Well, I can say I've never done such a thing and it IS the truth.  :)   I've never even tried a  cigarette and the only time I got drunk was when I didn't know I was drinking at the time.  Some ex friends thought it would be funny to put slow gin in my drink.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »

Hi all.  I think the Prius is dead, well mine at least.  I was in a car accident this morning. Got T-boned and pushed into a utility pole.  They took me to the hospital by ambulance and I was there for about 4 hours.  They did x-rays and nothing broken, but my shoulder and ribs are really really sore and I have lots of tiny cuts from all the broken glass.   We have a local photographer who shows up for this sort of thing and puts them on Facebook, so I shared them on my page. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »

I am very very lucky that I wasn't hurt worse.   

Danise

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »

Morning all.  Just finished walking 2 miles. 

Not much new to say since last night.  

Glad all is alright with you and your friend, BK.  It's never nice to have bad feelings between friends.

I won't give it away but "Falling Skies" was good.  I just wish there wasn't so many commercials though it.  It's almost worth the wait to the next night after it's recorded to be able to fast forward though them.  If I could just wait to see what is going to happen but I really like the show and can't wait.  :)

Vibes, happy thoughts and wishing all a wonder filled day!

Danise I recommend waiting to watch the show.  Watching without commercials is more enjoyable, especially for a suspenseful show like this one.
  I know but I just can't wait to see what is going to happen. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2012, 03:17:31 PM »

Hi all.  I think the Prius is dead, well mine at least.  I was in a car accident this morning. Got T-boned and pushed into a utility pole.  They took me to the hospital by ambulance and I was there for about 4 hours.  They did x-rays and nothing broken, but my shoulder and ribs are really really sore and I have lots of tiny cuts from all the broken glass.   We have a local photographer who shows up for this sort of thing and puts them on Facebook, so I shared them on my page. 
Oh my gosh,  I am so glad that you are alright!  I'm sorry about your car but that can be replaced, you can't!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »

DR Cilla I just saw your post on FB & checked to see if you were here.  I'll look at the photos later.  You mentioned meds, as in pain? 

VIBES YOU HEAL EXTRA FAST!!!!

Danise

« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »

I got a new remote today as well. I guess I will see if the accompanying instructions show me how to use the DVR. Why the fat hell isn't there an instruction manual?
  Did you figure out the wi fi?  If not let me know and I will try to help.  I think your remote should look something like mine so I might be able to help with that as well.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »

Hi all.  I think the Prius is dead, well mine at least.  I was in a car accident this morning. Got T-boned and pushed into a utility pole.  They took me to the hospital by ambulance and I was there for about 4 hours.  They did x-rays and nothing broken, but my shoulder and ribs are really really sore and I have lots of tiny cuts from all the broken glass.   We have a local photographer who shows up for this sort of thing and puts them on Facebook, so I shared them on my page. 

:o

~~~FEEL BETTER QUICKLY AND VIBES OF ALL KINDS!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »

I am very very lucky that I wasn't hurt worse.  

You are very lucky.  Ribs can take a very long time to feel better.  Remember to take good breaths.  When my ribs were bruised I found I was taking shallow breaths and had to concentrate on breathing properly.

Those little glass cuts sound painful too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »

Vibes and xylophones worked and the helper will be picking up the transfer at four and bringing it here.  I'll be at my engineer's by seven to mix.

KevinH

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »

George, I don't need My Fair Lady, just the 1776 Laserdisc DVD.

Possible My Fair Ladys were Kevin H. and Larry and maybe one or two others.

I'll add Kevin to the list...just in case...and unless I hear otherwise. :)

Thanks, George!

Laura

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »

Glad you are ok, Cillaliz! How terribly frightening!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »

Thank God you're okay!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »

Vibes and xylophones worked and the helper will be picking up the transfer at four and bringing it here.  I'll be at my engineer's by seven to mix.

Very good!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »

Cilla, that looks very scary!!!  Was it the side airbag that saved you?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »

And in the "good news" department, The Wayward Bus/The Enemy Below has arrived! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »

Vibes to Dear Cilla!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »

William Asher is dead.  The shocker, for me at least, is that he was actually alive!  He must have been in his 90s.  Who knew?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »

Glad Cilla's back where she belongs and in one piece, albeit a bit bruised.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »

Now we need excellent vibes and xylophones and hope that Capitol did as we asked and saved their session to Pro Tools 9 instead of the latest version.  I sent them that info three times and hopefully it got passed along - if they didn't do what we asked, then it's another day while the engineer has to do the conversion at his day job - in that case we'd mix tomorrow night, but man, I really want to get this thing done tonight, so send them strong vibes and xylophones.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »

William Asher is dead.  The shocker, for me at least, is that he was actually alive!  He must have been in his 90s.  Who knew?

Wow!  It has been awhile since hearing anything about him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

Now we need excellent vibes and xylophones and hope that Capitol did as we asked and saved their session to Pro Tools 9 instead of the latest version.  I sent them that info three times and hopefully it got passed along - if they didn't do what we asked, then it's another day while the engineer has to do the conversion at his day job - in that case we'd mix tomorrow night, but man, I really want to get this thing done tonight, so send them strong vibes and xylophones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Super Mega Vibes & Excellent Xylophones! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

Had a Weetabix for breakfast but an hour later at the coffee shop I felt so hungry that I had to have a bacon roll.

I'll see your bacon roll and offer you a bacon cup.

I wonder if I can make those with vegetarian bacon.

That looks good. But i would not put salad in a bacon cup (since the salad is vegetarian)!

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »

Is anybody here watching Big Brother or BBAD?  I can't believe how much i like BBAD.

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2012, 03:59:28 PM »

The weather was very hot and humid here again today.

ChasSmith

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »

Healing VIBES (of relief!) to Cillaliz, and a few more VIBES for good measure that Capitol followed instructions!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up