Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY LITTLE BEAVERS  (Read 29114 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BUSY LITTLE BEAVERS
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »

Yes, I still feel humbled to have been asked to come aboard this "adventure".  And after hearing the potential line-up of people coming in to honor Thommie - and for whom I'll be playing for, well... I really do feel humbled... And excited... And a little scared.  Since no one has really been confirmed, I really can't say anything right now, but even if just one of the people mentioned today happens to come in, well... :) :) :)

Just pulling up Thommie Walsh's listing on the IBDB brings up a ton of "possibilities", and that does not include the people who's cabaret acts he directed, the off-Broadway and regional shows he worked on, etc., etc., etc.   It looks like I'm in for quite a "historic" adventure over the next couple of weeks.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »

DR Jose - I haven't had a chance to tell you how pleased I am that you're part of the Walsh tribute.  They're lucky to have you.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2007, 04:06:45 PM »

DR Jose - I haven't had a chance to tell you how pleased I am that you're part of the Walsh tribute.  They're lucky to have you.

Aw, Thank You very much - and to everyone else who's wished me well.  I just hope I don't let the "stars get in my eyes".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »

...And I guess I should also be "thankful" that everyone else in town right now seems to be busy with their own projects.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »

DR FJL - How's your foot doing this weekend?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »

DRMATTH - I haven't listened to the commentary yet.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »

...And on the way back from the meeting, I decided to take a little walk through Central Park since it was such a nice, sunny, Fall day.  Well... They started setting up the bleachers and other observation areas for next week's New York City Marathon, so my usually walking path was a bit "constructed".  

So, instead, I walked over to Levain which was surprisingly busy today.  They were actually out of their daily loaves, and all they had up front were the cookies and a few scones.  Everything else was sold out.  Even the manager was surprised by how fast their shelves were clearing today - I guess it was the true Fall chill in the air.  I picked up some cookies (of course), and then headed back over to 81st to grab the train back uptown.  And here I am.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »

DR Jose, I am very glad to hear about your exciting news!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »

At some point, I suppose that I should start getting dinner together.

Poached chicken breasts, roasted red taters, salad.

Only der B has the TV in the kitchen tuned to FoxNews.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »

I saw a doctor, and just started on Indomethacin and Colchicine today, with the belief that the foot problem is only gout.  I don't think the foot is broken in any places because there are times of day when it hardly hurt at all.  It may take at least a day  for there to be  a substantial improvement.

FJL

« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »

Thanks for all the thoughts and foot vibes.

td

• td
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »

Thanks for all the thoughts and foot vibes.

Your foot is always in my thoughts, DR FJL.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2007, 04:33:18 PM »

And I just basted the chicken that's currently happily roasting in the oven. It looks good, and it smells even better.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2007, 04:33:55 PM »

The preview for John Cusack's new film GRACE IS GONE thoroughly pissed me off by providing too, too much information.  Why not simply call the film GRACE IS DEAD? What do these asshole trailer assemblers think?

You can blame the studio for that, not the asshole trailer assemblers.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

...The meeting time had been changed due to a scheduling conflict that Mr. Tune had, and he actually "apologized" to me for the mix up.  And, I swear, I've met him briefly a few times, and each time I see him I still can't believe he's that tall. ...
Well, yeah, he's six foot six and a half, which is sorta tall.  But I've met taller.

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »

Back from seeing the movie adaptation of The Jane Austen Book Club, which was very true to the book and which I liked very much.  One of my book group girlfriends, a retired physician, showed up and I suspect everybody else was involved with family, yard work, or political campaigning.  By the time the movie was over, DH Richard was home from Cincinnati, so I picked up carry-out fried chicken and sides and we've just had a nice dinner together.

That (sob! sob!) would have been a film for Charlotte and me!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

You can blame the studio for that, not the asshole trailer assemblers.

I humble myself before your information, dearest edi!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »

Who and how does one decide what info should go into a trailer?  I like them fun and exciting but not too informed.  I feel in some I get a capsualization of the final print.

Edisaurus

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2007, 04:41:26 PM »

Jose, I love hearing the details about the Walsh tribute, even though I wasn't familiar with him. It's a great honor and they obviously think very highly of you to ask you to be on board. You always have such great, descriptive posts about your adventures!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »

BK, you can have that by email tomorrow morning when I get in to work.

Perfect.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2007, 04:49:20 PM »

I do not like the word gout.  Out with gout.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2007, 04:49:48 PM »

I will do a little more work later but for now I'm just sitting on my couch like so much fish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »

Will we never get to page seven?

Edisaurus

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »

Who and how does one decide what info should go into a trailer?  I like them fun and exciting but not too informed.  I feel in some I get a capsualization of the final print.

I haven't seen this trailer, but if this is the actual premise of the film, you would probably know that she died from the get-go so I don't think they were wrong to include that, if that's the case.

The way we work with studios is that the trailer producer comes up with a basic concept/script for how to market the film...the lines that are either spoken in vo or as written titles. ("In a world"..."one man"...blahblahblah). The studio or whoever the producer answers to approves the copy. Occasionally we'll have a meeting to discuss how they intend to market the film so that the trailer idea is on the same page as the big marketing picture.

Then I get the script and decide what sound bites and shots will tell the story, at least enough of it to intrigue the viewer. I like to set up a lot of ideas and not resolve them, so you would want to see the film to find out how it resolves. Usually the producers pick out sound bites and shots, but I've been fortunate in that they leave me alone to do my first cut. After that I will revise as necessary (sometimes the studio doesn't change a thing, which is gratifying in one way, but less money, so...)

The studio (or a powerful director) has the ultimate say, though. Don't shoot the messenger!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2007, 04:58:34 PM »

And The Song of The Day IS :  I HAVE DREAMED

One of my favorite songs from THE KING AND I

Matt AShford and his wife Christina did a presentation of the piece on SOAPTALK a few years ago. Beautifully done.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

I actually think there is a clip online somewhere of it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2007, 05:00:26 PM »

Yes, dear DR Elmore, the movie I saw this afternoon would be perfect for you and Charlotte.  What do you hear from her?  Hope she's liking Ann Arbor!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »

I would no more see a movie called THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB than I would see a movie called THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2007, 05:08:44 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7odFBjcmwIM

This is actually from the mid 90s at a fan event at the BEverly Garland.

I will have to look on another database later for one done in January 2005 on Soaptalk

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2007, 05:22:57 PM »

I would no more see a movie called THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB than I would see a movie called THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS.

LOL, DR JRand!  That was sort of the reaction of my DH Richard.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up