Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THROWING IN THE TOWEL  (Read 24926 times)

Danise

Re:THROWING IN THE TOWEL
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2005, 03:18:58 PM »

Hi all.

Well, I think I have most of the photos I want to put on the CD named and in folders so they will be easy to find.  I still have some extras I want to add to the CD before I send it out so it may not happen until about Saturday.  I'll be puting some of the pictures you all posted on it, it the same folders where they belong. Also some photos from my other trips to NYC.

If anyone has anything they would like to add, please e-mail it along to me.  Does someone have the Walking Tour Mapped out?  Can you scan it and send it me?

Oh, another question, do you just want a CD that you can access the folders or do you want a self running CD that shows the photos on the screen for X number of seconds before it moves the next?  Jane, you should know about that kind of CD.  

I also sent some to PhotoBucket for your viewing pleasure:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v373/DofB5/

Click the NYC album.

Once again, if I don't have your address, I can't send you a CD.  If you don't want one and I do have your address, let me know as well.  If you were not in NYC and want a CD, let me know as well.

I think that covers most everything.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2005, 03:34:30 PM »

I think I went through about 500 photos.  No, I didn't put all of them in the folders.  Some were just to bad and I'm very mad about some of the shots I missed.  

Like the one where Jane is pointing to sign that says Jane.  I'm so darn short, all I got was her pointing up.  Sigh.

The LCD screen on my camera is so small, I can't always tell that I pictures doesn't look right because it seems fine on the small screen.  My new camera (which shall be my Christmas Gift to myself) WILL have a much bigger screen but will be much smaller to carry around.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2005, 03:35:08 PM »

Speaking of tunes you can't get out of your head, ever since it was mentioned yesterday, I haven't been able to get Bobby Sherman's "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me" out of my head.  

FJL

« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2005, 03:38:34 PM »

Had another one of those middle-age moments where I totally misunderstood what was being said.  Been having more and more of those lately.  :)  This time, I was on the phone with the IRS and I could have sworn the recording said "Please do not hang up.  Hanging up now and dialing again will increase your weight."  

Of course, when I thought about it, they were saying "will increase your wait" but it was a strange choice of wording on their part, I thought.

MBarnum

« Reply #184 on: October 26, 2005, 03:42:15 PM »

Well...

No kneeling.  No catty-wampus piano stool either.  I've never had this pain before.  However, pinched nerve is what I'm thinking...

Steve has a very firm mattress, and I have a feeling that it was a combination of that firmness, the position of my body, the position of my knee, etc., that contributed to my current state of discomfort.

The knee itself is not really sore - it's the area right above it - right where my quads connect to my knee cap.  Also a little bit below my kneecap.  Nothing looks swollen - and I've had a few people look.

I'm trying my best to keep it elevated, but it actually hurts when it's elevated - as opposed to not being elevated.  We shall see...

You know this whole post is just fraught with potential for TCB.

Tomovoz

« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2005, 03:45:19 PM »

Speaking of tunes you can't get out of your head, ever since it was mentioned yesterday, I haven't been able to get Bobby Sherman's "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me" out of my head.  

So glad to have helped.  LOL.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

Yes, TCB is the ticket....If I only had (had) the "nerve".... ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 03:49:21 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2005, 03:49:17 PM »

Nice NY Photobucket pics Danise! You took a lot of photos of me taking photos of you! LOL! (and vice versa, I guess!).

You know the one time I tried to upload photos to Photobucket I was forced to make the pics so small that they looked horrible...but yourse look splendid!

I must have done something wrong.

Danise

« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2005, 03:54:19 PM »

I'm so glad it worked!  

I just uploaded them.    I guess they either met the size requirement or they resized them.  It said on the site that's what they would do if they were to big.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2005, 04:06:25 PM »

Well, I was going to say, "Don't go there," but I knew that 'warning' was not going to be heeded anyway, so...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2005, 04:09:09 PM »

Well, I was going to say, "Don't go there," but I knew that 'warning' was not going to be heeded anyway, so...

;)

Perhaps, as a precaution, you should wear kneepads while you're sleeping in that bed.....

« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 04:09:25 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2005, 04:10:53 PM »

Has anyone already mentioned that LESTAT in New York was put on sale today for people with AmEx cards?  Great seats with the Gold Card option, OK seats with regular AmEx.  (If it's already been mentioned, sorry for repeating.)

That's at ticketmaster.com, by the way, and serach for LESTAT
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 04:12:04 PM by FJL »

MBarnum

« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2005, 04:14:10 PM »

Testing, testing, testing  (my photobucket).

MBarnum

« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2005, 04:24:15 PM »

Oh, hey that worked...I can start selling on ebay again!

(I know none of this makes sense)

Danise, photobucket resized the picture on their own and it turned out fine....and I figured out how to post it without uploading it to HHW...which I guess I already knew how to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2005, 04:25:06 PM »

Danise, those are great pictures!!  Thanks for posting the link! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2005, 04:28:04 PM »

Testing, testing, testing  (my photobucket).

Lovely picture of lovely people!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2005, 04:28:15 PM »

Merci for the buckets DR Danise.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2005, 04:32:22 PM »

Who is the gorgeous blonde? And who's the woman? ;-)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

Who is the gorgeous blonde? And who's the woman? ;-)

I was about to ask the same thing!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »

Has anyone already mentioned that LESTAT in New York was put on sale today for people with AmEx cards?  Great seats with the Gold Card option, OK seats with regular AmEx.  (If it's already been mentioned, sorry for repeating.)

That's at ticketmaster.com, by the way, and serach for LESTAT

Thank You, DR FJL.  Thank You very much.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2005, 04:40:29 PM »

LOL! The girl is my neice Katie, and the young man is my nephew John.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 04:40:58 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2005, 04:43:44 PM »

And John is how old? and lives where?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2005, 04:44:28 PM »

My boss and her sister are going to be in New York City Saturday and Sunday awaiting a flight to India on Monday night.

Does anyone have a clue whether it is possible to get "reasonable" prices to any shows, like "Wicked"?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 04:50:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2005, 04:45:46 PM »

So, they're brother and sister??

Nice to know...for no other reason than "just because." ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 04:47:08 PM by George »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2005, 04:53:33 PM »

My boss and her sister are going to be in New York City Saturday and Sunday awaiting a flight to India on Monday night.

Does anyone have a clue whether it is possible to get "reasonable" prices to any shows, like "Wicked"?

DRRonPulliam, I can't give a solid answer to that, but I would advise them to hit the TKTS booth at 48th and Broadway to see what's up.  Most shows are, and they might get tickets to something else.  We're not in a major tourist season now, and I'm sure they will find something appealing at a reasonable rate.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2005, 05:01:32 PM »

DRRonPulliam, I can't give a solid answer to that, but I would advise them to hit the TKTS booth at 48th and Broadway to see what's up.  Most shows are, and they might get tickets to something else.  We're not in a major tourist season now, and I'm sure they will find something appealing at a reasonable rate.  

That's great to know.  I've passed that info along.  Thank you.

Danise

« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2005, 05:11:20 PM »

Glad you all liked the photos.  I'm poping back and forth because I'm looking for photos posted here that I downloaded when I spotted them to add to the disk.  Gee, it might have to be a 2 disk set!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2005, 05:24:07 PM »

I'm poping back and forth

Make sure to wear your Pope Hat.  ;)

Did anyone answer my Terry Trotter question?  ???

I believe my eBay nemesis is mightily rattled.  This is so childish, but it just makes me laugh, laugh, laugh.

Do you eBayers know that PayPal will evidently no longer let you specify cash-only transactions through PayPal (i.e., you can no longer refuse to accept credit cards).  Guess I won't be offering PayPal on my auctions anymore.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2005, 05:34:35 PM »

Terry T. has two sons, so it might be one of them.

As long as everyone is asking about the nephew, I'll ask about the niece.  How old?  And why hasn't she called me?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2005, 05:35:58 PM »

Terry T. has two sons, so it might be one of them.

As long as everyone is asking about the nephew, I'll ask about the niece.  How old?  And why hasn't she called me?

BK, it's the other way around if it's anything--this was the 1966 special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" that had an arranging credit for a John Stuart Trotter.  I'm wondering if Terry is his son.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up