Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND SESSION  (Read 11322 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE SECOND SESSION
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »

I had fun at my cousin, ERicka's wedding. It mixed German, Scandinavian, Brazillian, and Egyptian customs as her husband is Egyptian and Brazilian.

It was fun to reconnect with cousins I have not seen in a very long time. It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding and reception.  The ceremony was lovely and food was excellent complete with wedding pie of your choice. I had strawberry-rhubarb pie, my favorite. The couple provided small gifts for each family attending. They were small wooden boxes with velvet lining with inlaid pieces. It was fun to dance to good music, good conversations, belly dancing, and fireworks.

I was DEAD tired when I went to bed at 1230 am...

It sounds fun AND interesting.  I'm sure I have never had pie at a wedding.  Is this a custom from one the these countries or just something the bride & groom wanted to do?

Jane

« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »

I do indeed have air conditioning once again. I don't think I have heard it turn off since I got home from church, though, which concerns me.

I'm glad you have a cool house again.  Vibes your electric bill isn't going through the roof & there isn't a problem with the new part.

Jane

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »

Had a great time at the hootenanny last night.  I improvised on my flute the whole night and sang a couple blues tunes.   Really a lot of fun.  I even walked home at 1:30 am in a light fog.  It was only about 4 blocks and it was really cool to be in the quiet of the night.

Living in the country I miss evening walks in the summer. 

Jennifer

« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »

I was actually a bit tired and sore today since I was at the pool yesterday for 4.5hours. Was nit swimming. But I was in the deepend for a lomg time. And you cannot touch the bottom so I had to hold myself up for a long time.

Jane

« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »

Got my wish!  The county is CLOSED tomorrow!  Hoo and Ray!!!!!!  Thank you Isaac!!!!

Enjoy your day off and be safe from Isaac.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

It was another hot sunny day here today. I tried something different in the pool today. I used flippers. It was much more work on my legsthan i thought. I am wondering if my legs will be tired tomorrow.

A number of people at my pool use flippers so they can go faster.  Of course when I'm swimming with them it makes me seem even slower.  I would be tempted to get some except I notice I get a lot of cramps in my feet when I use them, not much fun at all when I'm snorkeling.

Jane

« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »

I was actually a bit tired and sore today since I was at the pool yesterday for 4.5hours. Was nit swimming. But I was in the deepend for a lomg time. And you cannot touch the bottom so I had to hold myself up for a long time.

I always make sure to tread water for awhile when I'm at the pool. 

Jane

« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2012, 03:47:30 PM »

We went to a movie this afternoon.  On the way home we decided we prefer to watch movies at home.

Jennifer

« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »

After using the flippers for 1.5hours i could not swim without them. It was crazy how i could not even go far at all.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »

I had fun at my cousin, ERicka's wedding. It mixed German, Scandinavian, Brazillian, and Egyptian customs as her husband is Egyptian and Brazilian.

It was fun to reconnect with cousins I have not seen in a very long time. It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding and reception.  The ceremony was lovely and food was excellent complete with wedding pie of your choice. I had strawberry-rhubarb pie, my favorite. The couple provided small gifts for each family attending. They were small wooden boxes with velvet lining with inlaid pieces. It was fun to dance to good music, good conversations, belly dancing, and fireworks.

It sounds fun AND interesting.  I'm sure I have never had pie at a wedding.  Is this a custom from one the these countries or just something the bride & groom wanted to do?

Not really sure... I know Ericka is not a huge fan of cake so it is possible that it is somethingy they wanted.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »

Thank you, DR JENNIFER.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »

I think wedding pie is a great idea.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

After using the flippers for 1.5hours i could not swim without them. It was crazy how i could not even go far at all.

I had the same problems when I was snorkeling.  I needed them off because of the cramping but without them I didn't seem to go very far in the water.  I kept putting them on and taking them off.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2012, 04:25:12 PM »

Not really sure... I know Ericka is not a huge fan of cake so it is possible that it is somethingy they wanted.

Thanks.  The wedding I went to last Sunday didn't have cake either.  We had lots of delicious "finger" desserts to chose from.

MBarnum

« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »

A wonderfully, fantastic birthday wish for you, DR JRand62!! Hope it has been a swell day!

MBarnum

« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

A fantastically, wonderful birthday wish to DR JosePiano! Hope it has been as super great day for you!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »

Thank you DR MBARNUM!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »

Got my wish!  The county is CLOSED tomorrow!  Hoo and Ray!!!!!!  Thank you Isaac!!!!

Have a safe day, DR Danise!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2012, 05:53:27 PM »

survived another hurricane.

Mostly rain and some wind gusts where I was. I even did some food shopping and went to dinner.
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »

I wonder if we are close to page 8.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »

Let's roll the dice again for page 8

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »

:::: rolls dice again...  ::::

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »

ONe more try....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

Hmmmmm.... wonder if I try again could it be the 8th page....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »

Lovely night here tonight... Clear skies and comfy temperatures

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:48 PM »

I see I passed 15400... Woot!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »

I think page 8 is mocking me...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2012, 06:42:37 PM »

Now I know it is mocking me.... still no page 8

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »

Oh page gods.... I hereby command that page 8 appear!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »

I am now convinced that page 8 is mocking me and refuses to show itself
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up