Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE  (Read 26989 times)

Ben

Re:A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2004, 11:55:09 AM »

From DR Jay: Hamelot - What the musical version of the King Arthur legend was called when Robert Goulet did the revival a few years ago

And, according to Playbill On-Line, he will be doing again this summer in a limited tour

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87546.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 11:55:42 AM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2004, 11:55:49 AM »

RLP: You must remember EVERYTHING.  You must retain EVERYTHING (or at least water).  You must be able to quote from EVERY posting ever made here at haineshisway.com.   ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2004, 11:55:51 AM »

What do I like to do to relax?  Watch TV.  It's mindless, it's physically un-demanding and I can even fall asleep in my recliner (although I haven't in quite a while).

Also, when my piano (in my extra bedroom) is not blocked by boxes being stored in front of it, I like to play it to help calm me down.  I'm not very good.  Even though I took piano lessons for six years and can read music quite well, I haven't practiced in a long time (playing both hands at the same time is not easy for me).  But I don't care.  I do it for me!  For me!  For Me!  FOR.....MEEEEEEEE!!!!!  (a Gypsy...almost Typsy, reference)

NYPSY The musical life story of Nipsey Russell as told by someone who doesn't know how to spell!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2004, 11:59:08 AM »

From DR Jay: Hamelot - What the musical version of the King Arthur legend was called when Robert Goulet did the revival a few years ago

And, according to Playbill On-Line, he will be doing again this summer in a limited tour

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87546.html

That's sort of scary, if you ask me.  When she gets wind of this, will Miss Channing decide it is time to once again tour in Dolly, too?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:00:34 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2004, 12:00:50 PM »

As for the Second Topic of the Day, I'm not taking a "wait and see" attitude about defining "perhpaps," I'm taking a "wait and try and think of something" attitude.  :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

"Miss Ullman is forty-four."

That is very amusing.   It reminds me of when Bernadette Peters' age kept going the wrong way - tres amusing.  I'm forty-nine myself.
Forty-four.  That's three hundred and eight in dog years!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2004, 12:05:38 PM »

Perhpaps:  according to Avenue Q, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your ass.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2004, 12:13:56 PM »

This morning Echo and I went for our usual walk when we a discovered a trail we have never seen before.  As we were going down the trail the neighbor’s pinto came towards us when Echo bolted past the horse.  This always makes me nervous as I was kicked by a horse when I was young.  Just as she emerged back around the horse and I knew she was safe, I woke up.  If a dream was ever telling me something this was it-wake up and walk Echo. I had gone back to sleep and it was getting late.

Stuart- :D

Did you notice I just said heels?  I haven’t a clue what those things are-just know they look too uncomfortable to wear. ::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2004, 12:15:41 PM »

Hmmm...

DR DERBRUCER... The words is/was "perhpaps"... not "perphaps".  Heck, everyone already knows what "perphaps" means?!?!?!?!

;)
Besides, "perphaps" (the word der B was citing) is not pronounced with an "f" sound, but with the "ph" having a "v" sound.  Along with the name Stephen, it is the only case in the English language where "ph" is pronounced as "v".

(I'm such a phont of word trivia these days.   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2004, 12:18:30 PM »

I'm trying to find family site ways of discussing what I find really relaxing. Afterwards.

There aren't any. But it's giving me nice thoughts on any otherwise stressful day.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2004, 12:21:22 PM »

SWW why don’t they just replace the difficult co-worker?  Is it so difficult to find good employees?
The difficult co-worker has been with the company for nine years.  And she's full-time, not a part-timer like myself.  Real justification has to be found to let her go.

As for how difficult it is to find good employees, they found me, so it can't be that hard!   ;)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2004, 12:23:27 PM »

Nothing beats having my shoulders massaged to relax me.

Last night I sat on the deck with Echo and enjoyed the evening.  If I had taken out a glass of wine with me I really would have been relaxed.  Curling up with Bogie while he purrs is very relaxing.  

A nice walk can be very calming, which in turn can relax me.  And then there is always music, TV and reading to do the job.

All this relaxing, now I’m ready for a nap.

Panni

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2004, 12:25:12 PM »

ust as she emerged back around the horse and I knew she was safe, I woke up.  If a dream was ever telling me something this was it-wake up and walk Echo. I had gone back to sleep and it was getting late.

You've just described the idea of the opening image of the Amelia Earhart movie. I read in one of her bios that when she was a child she rode here sled down a really steep hill and went between the legs of a horse that was drawing a carriage (sleigh?) at the bottom of the hill.
I thought that this - and her reaction to it, one of pure exhilaration at cheating death -  would make an arresting image to set her up as an adventurer for the rest of her life. So that's what I wrote for the credit sequence. They shot that one sequence in Quebec for the snow. The rest of the movie was shot in California.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2004, 12:25:39 PM »

Panni enjoy your nice thoughts. :)  I would tell you to stay calm if I thought it would work.  I know I would be stressed.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2004, 12:26:12 PM »

I'm trying to find family site ways of discussing what I find really relaxing. Afterwards.

There aren't any. But it's giving me nice thoughts on any otherwise stressful day.

DR Panni.....Inquiring minds want to know!

And given the gist of your post, I chose it to edify my new misspelled title, for which no explanation is necessary:

DAMN YANKERS

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2004, 12:26:22 PM »

Pope Dream (Behind-the-scenes with the College of Cardinals)

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2004, 12:26:44 PM »

:D And I haven't seen the movie-yet.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2004, 12:27:56 PM »

...the neighbor’s pinto came towards us...

Thank goodness it wasn't a FORD Pinto....your dream would have been worse!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:28:25 PM by Stuart »

Ben

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2004, 12:30:43 PM »

Rope Floats

A remake of the classic Hitchcock film, Rope, this time done on a cruise ship out to see (hmmm, Lifeboat could creep in there too, perhaps).

Panni

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2004, 12:31:15 PM »

Panni enjoy your nice thoughts. :)  I would tell you to stay calm if I thought it would work.  I know I would be stressed.

Thanks, Jane. I'm actually not stressed about the film. (Other stuff.) The film's totally out of my hands. Que sera, sera. I spoke to one of the producers this morning and he said they had a big screening on the naval base in San Diego last night (1400-plus) and it was a huge hit. And next week there's also a New York premiere. He said Disney is ecstatic about the movie. Good. Better that than not.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:32:08 PM by Panni »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2004, 12:31:48 PM »

Ballot Ballads, three choreographed works about elections circa 1948.

Best Side Story, about Maria's subsequent career as a photographer.

Cost in the Stars, Anderson and Weill's dramatic musical about cutbacks at NASA.

House of Blowers, Harold Arlen and Truman Capote tale of hurricanes in the West Indies.

Ben

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2004, 12:33:14 PM »

The Gizzard of Oz

OK, so I'm changing two letters :-)

It's a remake of Silence of the Lambs
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:34:30 PM by Ben »

Jane

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2004, 12:34:16 PM »

Panni that sounds very exciting.  Will any of tonights activities be shown on the Disney Channel?  

Panni

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2004, 12:35:30 PM »

DR Panni.....Inquiring minds want to know!

I bet!

Panni

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2004, 12:37:20 PM »

Panni that sounds very exciting.  Will any of tonights activities be shown on the Disney Channel?  

I don't know. I should take along a "Hi, HHW Gang!" sign just in case.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2004, 12:39:13 PM »

I've got one, but I know it would be considered offensive by many, including myself.

Just picture a big musical that takes place at the Stonewall riots, and is composed by Ahrens & Flaherty.....

And I apologize in advance.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »

Of course, there is also 1775.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2004, 12:42:25 PM »

A CHORUS LINT:  After 6,137 performances, all that laundry!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2004, 12:42:33 PM »

The Panama Game: Unions shut down the Canal.

And, of course, the show about graffitti in the tunnels of New York, Subways are for Bleeping.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2004, 12:43:40 PM »

INTO THE FOODS:  What really happened at Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up