Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF THE DO  (Read 29900 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE DAY OF THE DO
« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2007, 03:51:07 PM »

And just because...

It seems the TV stations here in Richmond have rounded up a couple of new news anchors over the past couple of months...

NBC:

ABC:

;)

Does Storm Fields still do the Weather in New York?  I  believe it was on WNBC.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

And now to mapquest my way to Studio City.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #272 on: December 24, 2007, 03:53:21 PM »

The brownies came out tasting GREAT, but cutting them & removing them in one piece is difficult.
Talking about Brownies so close to our discussing Sweeney Todd is making me think about composing a new verse for "A Little Priest" involving Girl Scouts!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2007, 03:55:18 PM »

Does Storm Fields still do the Weather in New York?  I  believe it was on WNBC.
Is Dallas Raines still doing the weather in Los Angeles?  (KABC)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »

"I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?"

"Are they made from real girl scouts?"

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »

Is Dallas Raines still doing the weather in Los Angeles?  (KABC)
I think so.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »

Cherry Coke taste is relative, though.

My relatives don't think it tastes like Cherry Coke, either.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »

Off to a party at Dear Friend Mary Jay's, right here in the building.  

If I drink too much Diet Coke or apple cider, Skip will have to drive the elevator.

Danise

« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2007, 04:01:46 PM »

Fondest Christmas Eve Greetings to one and all!

I couldn’t let the day pass without wishing my HHW Family the very merriest and joyous Christmas ever!

I didn’t post yesterday because I did something foolish.   The duplex on the West side of me has been empty since I came home from Pittsburgh.   The owner is not very good about keeping his side of the fence cleaned up.  There are those mulberry trees that grow like weeds all up and down the fence on his side.  I'm not joking.  You have to keep on top of them or you will have a full grown (20 foot plus) tree before you know it.

So I went over sawed every one of the darn things down with a hand saw.   I didn’t chop them up or drag them up front for the garbage man to pick up.  Let him do that and he had best not say a word to me.  

You have to cut those trees down in the winter months because of the sap.  In the winter it stays towards the bottom of the tree making it easier to cut.

Anyway, after doing all that hand cutting, my arthritis kicked in and my entire right arm hurt so badly that I didn’t feel like doing anything.  

I even considered taking one of the prescription pain pills I had for the surgery but they always make me feel so weak/dizzy/sick and knock me out that I didn’t feel it was worth it.  I just took a couple Advil, pulled out the old heating pad and kept moving it from my hand/elbow/shoulder until the pain was to a manageable level.

I received a lot of wonderful Christmas cards today from George, TCB, VixMom (the Vixter is turning into such a lovely young lady in front of our eyes) and others.   I also received a package from Pittsburgh with a “Do NOT open until Xmas” sticker on it.   I shall honor it and promise not to open it.  I didn’t say I would not shake, rattle, fold, spindle, etc, etc, etc.  

;) :D ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

TCB - Hence the Einsteins' theory of relativity.

Danise

« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »

Grocery shopping is always crazy when it comes to holidays.  Today was no exception, with customers getting testier and testier by the hour.

There was one loony who was at the self-scan registers when I came back from my break.  Very high-maintenance, very much a drama queen.  Jen, who had been "assisting" her, passed her over to me as quickly as she could.  Well, Ms. Drama slaps this heirloom tomato into my hands and says "This won't scan!"  I calmly entered the correct Produce Look-Up Code into the terminal (there was no bar code).  At which time she loudly says "I don't want THAT tomato!  You've SQUEEZED it!"

At this point, my boss, Dixie, comes over.  "I don't want that tomato!" Ms. D knows nothing about turning down the decibles.  "He SQUEEZED it!"  "I'll get you a new tomato," Dixie replies, leaves for the produce department, then returns.  "Will this tomato do?" she asked.  Ms. D sort of nodded, and Dixie nodded at me to tend to the other three self-scan registers.

Much later, after my shift ended, Dixie admitted that she had simply gone to the produce department and returned with the exact same tomato.  I have my reasons for liking my boss.
 :D ;D :D I like your boss too!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2007, 04:09:10 PM »

I might need to get my contacts adjusted.  I was scrolling through the posts and for what ever reason I thought todays title was "The Day of the Ho".  

I will not comment further but it sure did give me a good laugh.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2007, 04:15:15 PM »

TCB - Hence the Einsteins' theory of relativity.

I aways throught the ultimate proof of the theory of relativity was when you knock on the only bathroom door because you have to go badly and the person inside calls out, "I'll just be a moment!"   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2007, 04:21:33 PM »

Sauce is a-simmering and I shall soon shower.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: December 24, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »

I've managed to listen to about ten CDs today - great way to catch up or, at the very least, to ketchup.

Danise

« Reply #286 on: December 24, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »

The owner yelling "I told you no pictures!"

der Brucer

I was thinking that tree belonged to the Riddler from Batman.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #287 on: December 24, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

Oh, dear.  I was afraid someone would start.  We just had a "boom" that shook the whole house.  Sigh. Christmas and fireworks.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #288 on: December 24, 2007, 04:33:21 PM »

Just saw Oscar Peterson passed, too.  :(  Wonder who will be third.

Oh my God.  No one told me.  I am in shock.  I have known Oscar's wife Kelly for almost 30 years.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #289 on: December 24, 2007, 04:54:03 PM »

Sorry if that post sounded a bit hysterical.  Kelly is my ex's niece.  As I said, I have known her for 30 years.  What saddens me most, is that Kelly and Oscar asked me to come up to Seattle to hear him play the last time he performed at Jazz Alley.  I don't remember now why I couldn't go, but I feel terrible about missing it now.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:55:22 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

Sorry about that.  We had three big booms.  Enough to shake the house and rattle the windows.  The dogs were really scared.  

It seems to have stopped now.  Thank goodness.  I expect it on New Years but not on Christmas!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2007, 05:04:05 PM »

Sorry if that post sounded a bit hysterical.  Kelly is my ex's niece.  As I said, I have known her for 30 years.  What saddens me most, is that Kelly and Oscar asked me to come up to Seattle to hear him play the last time he performed at Jazz Alley.  I don't remember now why I couldn't go, but I feel terrible about missing it now.

Don't feel bad, TCB.  We all have regrets that we didn't do this or that but hindsight is 20/20.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2007, 05:17:39 PM »

Actually, my hindsight needs glasses, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #293 on: December 24, 2007, 05:22:55 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone.  I am now ready for company.  Of course, we don't begin until six, and only a few show up then, but that won't stop ME from eating!  The sauce is simmering and is almost there (I futz with it until the last minute - alternating a pinch of this and a pinch of that until it's to my liking).  I've started the water boiling for the pasta, because I'm making four pounds of it and it takes quite a while for the water to boil.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »

So, esteemed BK, whose partay I won't be attending because I'm on the wrong coast at the moment...

What are you serving along with the spaghetti?  Any inspiring side dishes?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »

The taters are in the oven.  Simple steaks and taters tonight, with a wedge of iceberg, nicely dressed of course.  Maybe some sauteed mushers in with the baked taters.

Sure, we'll be feasting on a roast beef tomorrow at Magic Mommy's, probably with taters again, and lordy knows what all else.  But at least tonight der Brucer will be getting the beef and spuds done right.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

I have heard der Brucer creeping quietly downstairs, to raid the downstairs refrigerator.  I believe that he is going to check on the quality of the egg nog I made last night, to make sure it will be good enough for tomorrows goings on.

Here's a question: Who out there loves egg nog?  And who isn't partial to the mix?

Der B's verdict?  It's "smooth as silk."  I'll trust his judgement.  (All families should have it as easy with their differences.)

td

• td
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »

I love egg nog.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »

I'm off to my kitchen.

singdaw

« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2007, 06:15:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up