Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FAT AND THE LEAN  (Read 22177 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE FAT AND THE LEAN
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »

I'm listening to Count Basie (as conducted by Quincy Jones) whilst waiting for the Handy Man to return - at which point I'll go deliver a box o' CDs.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »

Barbara was widowed about a year and a half ago and is still grieving. I try to take her out now and again. She thinks I'm lots of fun.

To make someone laugh is a true gift. 

Your beautiful photos are also a gift, thank you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

I'm probably going to give you lovely dear readers the advance word on the soundtrack release and the chance to order it on Monday, because I must tell you that one dealer is taking eighty percent of the run, so, with my other dealers, I'd say we're close to being sold out more than a week before it's even announced.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »

We had a report from someone along the trail that there was a rattlesnake. Barbara didn't think I was so much fun when I said we should go find it.

;D ;D 

DAW

« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2009, 05:49:33 PM »

bk, does your contract allow you to expand the "print run" for the soundtrack?

DAW

« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »

Random thought:

Do you know the Muffin Man?   He lives in Drury Lane.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

I got my new KRITZERLAND release today.....I have not opened it, I am still thinking of it as an investment....but I do think I may be tempted in a day or so to LISTEN to it.

I must say that the really like the front cover - but I LOVE THE BACK COVER ART and the way the song titles and other info is placed.

It's a lovely thing to look at.....and I am sure....lovely to hear.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »

SNOT is TONS spelled backwards.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »

MR BK - I hope you remembered to twirl your handlebar moustache when you were writing that long post up there.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DAW

« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

Tomorrow morning I am singing the solos in the Faure Requiem.  We are using a reduced orchestration with eight players plus organ.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »

I have sat here in front of my computer for over an hour trying to decide how to respond to BK's rant (for want of a better word) this afternoon.  Sadly, I can think of nothing to say that wouldn't stir the fires that were better left silent two weeks ago.

So, perhaps it is best not to say anything.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »

I have sat here in front of my computer for over an hour trying to decide how to respond to BK's rant (for want of a better word) this afternoon.  Sadly, I can think of nothing to say that wouldn't stir the fires that were better left silent two weeks ago.

So, perhaps it is best not to say anything.

Oh, say something - I think people need to say something.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »

bk, does your contract allow you to expand the "print run" for the soundtrack?

Nope, other than the usual "overs" - that is whatever print and CDs are run over the amount ordered - that can be anywhere from 0 to about 80 (I've never had more than eighty overs).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »

Our esteemed BK has never had a handlebar moustache.

He has never, ever settled for anything less than a Fu Manchu.  It goes so much better with his red silk smoking jacket.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »

Well I find it most unseemly that JR should have his CD, when he's halfway across the nation, and mine should not be here, when I am virtually next door, statewise, to BK.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »

My day has been spiffy, to say the least.

Shortly after six in the morning, I was awakedned from my drowsy state by a telephonic call from work.  It was Larry (who is all of two days older than I), rather desperately trying to get someone to come in to work because one of our staff had called out.

I shambled out of bed, and after giving appropriate doggie biscuits to the pack for their breakfast, I called Larry back and told him I'd be in as soon as I could.

I got there by six-thirty, or maybe a couple of minutes after, and put in an eight hour day.  Then I came home and managed to work in a nap.

It doesn't get much spiffier than that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2009, 06:07:43 PM »

Der B is now up from his nap.  I suppose getting dinner on the table would be appropriate.

(Leftover turkey, zucchini, and mushroom risotto.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »

Actually, I've never had a moustache at all.  I did have a beard once, for a play, and I've gone a couple of weeks without shaving to see if I'd like to have a beard again, but I guess I'm a smooth-faced kind of Jew.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »

I'm just glad someone got a CD - as you know, I took them to a post office I'd never been to, and left them, as requested, on the counter. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

I did get the final two big orders out this morning and now I have no more shipping to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2009, 06:11:33 PM »

All right, BK, now you've sparked my curiosity:

What play was it that required you to grow a beard?

Kerry

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »

TOD:

I'll go with the lists people have compiled.  I need to see, "My Favorite Year" again soon.  It always makes me smile.

Isn't it about television as opposed to theatre. just as "Sunset Blvd" is about the movie industry?

I was really thinking more generally about the entertainment industry.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »

I am now trying to imagine BK with a beard.

Imagining him with a Fu Manchu and a red silk smoking jacket was more fun.

Maybe I just need to know what kind of beard he grew...

DAW

« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »

and a red silk smoking jacket

...or a cape.

DAW

« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2009, 06:17:50 PM »

All this talk about DR Ginny's new progressive lenses and their faults has me very wary.

I am reticent.  Oh yes, I am reticent.

Are "reading glasses" those cheap magnifiers that you see at the drug store, or are they actual prescription lenses with a different Rx than your normal glasses?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2009, 06:21:01 PM »

and a red silk smoking jacket

...or a cape.

No, capes don't work with Fu Manchu moustaches.  Capes either work with clean-shaven (super-hero, y'know), or with muttonchops and Van Dykes (for going to the opera, preferably with a silk top hat).

Jane

« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »

All this talk about DR Ginny's new progressive lenses and their faults has me very wary.

Are "reading glasses" those cheap magnifiers that you see at the drug store, or are they actual prescription lenses with a different Rx than your normal glasses?

In my experience, and now Keith's, prescription reading glasses work better than the one's from the drugstore or even the pre-made ones at the doctor's office.  Of course if you don't use them very often then the pre-made ones are fine.

DAW

« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  That is what I was afraid of.

Oh well.  It's only money, right?     :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

Yes, and yes.

Hey, if the cheap gizmos from the drug store work, fine and dandy.  If the glasses you get from the magic shoppe with the springs attached to the fake eyeballs do it for you, then... well, then I guess you don't do much reading.

But reading glasses working from a prescrition can be a godsend for some people.  The lower section of my glasses were supposed to be like that.  I find it easier to simply take my glasses off and do my reading and a lot of the work in the office that way.

DAW

« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »

Thanks, DR SWW.

Ah, the intrigues of growing older!!     :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up