Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPREGNATED BY MY COMPUTER  (Read 21201 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:IMPREGNATED BY MY COMPUTER
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Bargains bargains bargains...DR CP.  MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF and NO STRINGS are a couple of my favorite vinyls!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2005, 04:03:10 PM »

I right after she sang that song, they kicked her ass out of the group.  :-\

That's because she was better than the other girls and stood out as a result of it.

Never mind...it all turns out for the best.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »

Cary Grant & Audrey Hepburn Page 7 stare down!  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »

SNOW WHITE and CINDERELLA are okay.  But for me SLEEPING BEAUTY will always be the animated Disney fairy tale closest to my heart.

You will always be BriarRose55 to me, Jrand!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2005, 04:13:08 PM »

I've just read (so forgive me if this is old new here) that Nicolas Cage and his wife have named their newborn son -- "Kal-El" Coppola Cage.

That's right...Kal-el, the birth name of "Superman" (aka Clark Kent).

Word is that Nicolas, himself, sports a comic hero's name -- he changed his last name from Coppola to Cage after comic book character "Luke Cage" (and I don't have a clue what strip he's in).

Why...not since Frank Zappa named his kids Dweezil and Moon Unit...or since Sonny and Cher christened "Chastity"...have I been so entertained by the naming of a child.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2005, 04:47:06 PM »

This is my area of expertise!  "Luke Cage, Hero For Hire" was published by Marvel Comics in the early 70s.  Luke Cage was the first black superhero to be featured in his own book.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2005, 04:52:58 PM »

You will always be BriarRose55 to me, Jrand!

Thanks!  LOL  8)

Kal-el  ....  could be worse I guess....could have been named Jor-el

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2005, 04:55:09 PM »

I'm not sure I understand this comic book panel.  ???

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »

Hmmm...Lois has quite a built on her.   8)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2005, 04:58:58 PM »

Fred: We'll do a quick headshot session tomorrow and I'll whip up an avatar for you if you want.

Jason, that is probably the dirtiest post you have ever written!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

SNOW WHITE and CINDERELLA are okay.  But for me SLEEPING BEAUTY will always be the animated Disney fairy tale closest to my heart.

I just got the new CINDERELLA today.  I don't think I'll be getting all of the "Platinum Editions," but I will be getting some of them.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2005, 05:05:23 PM »

And it's about time, too! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2005, 05:18:48 PM »

TCB - it's about time. I've been biting my lip all day!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jason

« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:50 PM »

You are all sick, sick, sick...

I'm back from dinner with the group and got to meet the very wonderful DRs Jane and Vixmom. We ate, we laughed, we gossiped. Reputations were made and destroyed. It was a very good time. Afterward we travelled across the street to the big Toys R Us store on 44th & Broadway so the Vixter could ride the ferris wheel. She changed her mind when she saw how high it was. Hehehe...

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 05:30:03 PM by Jason »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2005, 05:32:07 PM »

Back from a lovely Cheesecake Factory late meal - dessert will be in a couple of hours at Du-Par's - pancakes.

Meanwhile, we'll take a nice walk now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2005, 05:38:25 PM »

Walking is good.

NCIS is on tonight followed by THE AMAZING RACE.  And sooner or later, TCM has to run out of Robert Mitchum movies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2005, 05:38:54 PM »

For some reason, I thought THE WORLD OF SUZIE WONG was a musical.  

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2005, 06:03:48 PM »

...have I been so entertained by the naming of a child.

In the breeder world I once inhabited, the naming of a child was not entertaining, it was traumatic!

My wife and I had a deal - I named the first boy, she named the first girl and we alternated.

Well the first born was a boy, and The Mother In Law was bound and determined the child be named after her father.  RALPH! I declined. She insisted. I declined again. She offered a college trust fund. I declined again. Why, she wailed was I so hateful about her father!. Said I: "I abhor the name Ralph (actually I think I used the "H" word); I have never met a Ralph I like. Do you want me to name my son a name I find detestable."  Answer, "If you love me, Yes!).

He was named Robert Shafer, after my godfather!

Next comes a girl. Mom opts for two family names "Sarah", and "Tarleton" (after a Mayflower ancestor).

(As an aside, my in-laws were quite proud of their blue-ribbon heritage: Mayflower 3 times, Order of the Cinncinatti, SAR. DAR, First Families of Viginia, etc.) In fact, my father initially objected to my marrying his daughter because , as an adoptee, I came from a questionable gene pool. His other two sons-in-law came from impecable blood lines. One comitted suicide and left the body for his 9 year old son to discover, the other regularly beat his wife until she left him.)

Now I didn't mind the name "Sarah" - for a an adult, professional young lady it is quite dignified. However, for everyday use it semed a bit formal. Neither of us liked Sally, and her sister was Sal - so we settled on "Tarlie" (from the Tarleton) as a childhood name. As fate would have it, it stuck - even though her friends constantly thought she said her name was "Charlie". Unfortunately, she not only kept the "Tarlie", but when she got married, she refused to adopt her husband's surname. (He and I both agree she is being silly on this issue, and it raises all sorts of problems with the kids at school having a Mom with a different last name than theirs.)

Next came boy II - her turn again. We had easily settled on Alexander (a family name after Alexander Grant (yes, that Garnt) Sharp. But should it be Alexander Grant, or Alexander Sharp? The obvious solution was to burder the poor lad with Alexander Grant Sharp Albert for life!

Next come the grandkids! She wants to name the first one Alex - never mind that's her brothers name! She solves the problem by naming him Benjamin Alexander - a perfectly fine name.  I like Benjanmin. Tough! He shall be called Alex! (And now has the expected problems with teachers not knowing his first name!)

Number two Grandson got a bit easier, William, 'caused she liked it, and it's my middle name) and Carl, her husband's middle name and my Dad's first name). I have been forbidden to ever call him "Wil" -his name is "William"! (Try to tell that to all the teachers, coaches, boy scout leaders, etc, who insist on "Wil". )

But you know parental namimng can work out OK. When I found out my birth name was "Louis", I was eternally grateful to be an adopted "Bruce".

der Brucer

Yes, Jose there will be another quiz!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

We had a wonderful dinner tonight. I met the gang at their hotel. Larry was there for a while to meet Vicky (the infamouse Vixter). We walked over to the Shubert Theatre so Miss Jane could pick up her prize, house seats (Row D) for Spamalot! Wow!!! We then browsed in One Shubert Alley and waited for Jason to join us for dinner. Jose ambled by and we visited for a while then we went to Ollies (a Chinese restaurant) for dinner. Ginny and Priscilla were already there chowing down. They had 7pm theatre tickets but we were able to join them for a portion of the meal. They left and we stayed and talked and laughed and bonded. What a nice time we had. Then, as Jason said, we ambled over to Toys 'R Us and browsed until Jane had to leave to meet her niece. Jason took leave at that point and we walked back to the Comfort Inn. Jane added a lovely jacket to her ensemble and we walked over to Morrell's Wine Bar so Jane could meet her niece. Danise and I then went to Duane Reade (a drugstore chain) so she could purchase something that might end up as a television surprise. All I can say is, drag your sorry butts out of bed and watch the Today show from about 8 to 9. Who knows what you might see. After that I took the V train to 16th Street, stopped in the Diner (who knew I had room for dessert) and got two pieces of Carrot Cake for Ant and me. We watched a little television and had our cake. Umm, umm. Now I'm telling you all about it. How state of the art, how groovy, how now (brown cow).

And on that note (C#) I shall take my leave probably until tomorrow morning.

Enjoy the Food Walk everyone. See you tomorrow night (you NY Hainsie/Kimlets that is).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2005, 06:37:03 PM »

Well I guess I will have to watch the TODAY SHOW tomorrow.  

Danise

« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2005, 06:43:26 PM »

Evening all!  I know it looks like I've been here for awhile but I had to run down to Toy's R Us for a moment or two.

Ben, it seems one of the purchases at the drug store was defective--I had to go with Plan B or maybe that should be Plan A since that was the original thought but was pushed aside for Plan C which did not work.  What am I talking about?   ???  Plan 9 and a half from NYC????   ;D

I had a wonderful, wonderful time today.  Vixmom, the Vixter and I did our Central Park thing.  We also had time to stop off at the American Girls Store where I received quite a lesson on:  HOW MUCH I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS.  Hey, I never heard of an American Girl doll until last trip here in March!

Then we took a carriage ride through the park.  I loved the horse who let me pet him and thank him for the most wonderful ride.  I had to ask if the horses get down time to spend in a pasture but I'm not real sure what the guy said but I think they do.

We had wonderful time at the zoo mostly because we had a personal tour of the place with a most wonderful lady who was 93 years old!  I enjoyed all of the animals and can't really say I had a favorite.

We also went on the carasoul (spelling and I'm to tired to worry about it).  We later learned that it is the fasted in country at 15
MPH.  I know it went around pretty quickly.  

We then wittnessed a lady get hit by a bus--That was very scary.  

Then we went to meet up with the gang for dinner.  

At long last, I got to meet DR Jane live and in person!  

Then we did as DR Ben said.  I don't mind that I'm making it an early night tonight.  I'm very tired from what we did today and a little extra shut eye for tomorrows trek will do me good.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2005, 06:44:29 PM »

Oh ( A DR Jose reference) I think I finely got them to fix the computer connection in my room.  It seems to be working fine now.  I hope that continues.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2005, 06:50:56 PM »

I had a TRS80 computer with 4K (note that) if memory that I upgraded at much expense to a screeming 16 K.  Are you impressed?  We didn't have disk drives in those days.  It worked off of a tape player.

I first got onto the internet was something called "Q-Link" (after I switched to a C-64) .  That was bought out or somehow became AOL.  Q-link was only for C-64 computers at the time.

It's hard to imagine my world BC (Before Computers).  It seems like I always had one and enjoyed it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2005, 06:55:36 PM »

Last post of the evening.

Congrats to FLJ on reaching GodHood!! :D ;D :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2005, 07:13:35 PM »

-And as for what that $65 will get you... Well, a friend of mine just moved out there to be one of the new sous chefs at Bouchon, so....
But...Bouchon is in Yountville.   That's not exactly in the Co of SanFransis.  Closer to Napa.  (I know ghosts from that area.  My great-grandfather was the sheriff of Hangtown, aka Yountville.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2005, 07:16:33 PM »

TOD:

A catalog of my computer experiences would be almost as lengthy as a catalog of my debauchery (but not as interesting).

Since this is a family site, we'll stick to part one.
My first real encounter with the world of computers was when der B brought one home with him from work.  It felt like he had brought home a mistress, or something, the passion was that obviously consuming.

I learned to live with it.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2005, 07:22:02 PM »

And now for my daily Carrot Stick bitchfest. ...a really foul-smelling veggie burger...
Wait a sec...She's got to be stowing that veggie burger somewhere, right?

Have you ever heard of Tabasco?

You never heard this from me, right?

;D

Ginny

« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2005, 07:24:07 PM »

DR FJL - Congratulations on becoming a god!  Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

As you've heard, it's been a fun day here in NYC.  After a brief tour from the Vixter of American Girl Place (oh, my) I proceeded to Bloomingdale's, where I did some major damage and had a great time doing it.  My lunch there was a salad duo - Greek and bowtie pasta with sundried tomatoes.

Then I took the bus down Lex to 42nd and met a long-time Michigan friend at Starbucks near his office.  We had a quick visit before he had to get back to work and I boarded the 104 back to Times Square in time to join the dinner group at Ollie's.  The show I saw tonight was the world premier of a 75-year-old play by Ohio-born Dawn Powell - Walking Down Broadway.

Others want the computer, so bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2005, 07:29:27 PM »

Got this in an e-mail from a friend...had to share...

Can you raed tihs? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod
aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was  rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a
rscheearch at  Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,  the olny
iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit  pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and
you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.  Tihs is
bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the  wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh
and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2005, 07:31:35 PM »

DB Jed informs me that Jose has already posted a similar paragraph to the one I just did...well :P to that, I still think this one is cool. Hope you don't mind a little redundancy.  Anyway, it was a long time ago :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up