Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPREGNATED BY MY COMPUTER  (Read 20187 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
IMPREGNATED BY MY COMPUTER
« on: October 04, 2005, 12:10:15 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you are now checking out your computer to see if it has designs on you, and now it is time for you to post until the impregnated by their computer cows come home.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 12:09:02 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:IMPREGNATED BY MY COMPUTER
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:11:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: UBIQUITOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 12:52:23 AM »

Well, I have never seen such a bunch of WUSSBURGERS in my life.  Not only WUSSBURGERS, but WUSSBURGERS WITH CHEESE!  Well, why should I stay and entertain myself.  I shall now toddle off to the bedroom environment, where I shall eat some worms and sleep, not necessarily in that order.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 01:05:55 AM »

Of course....now that I see the answer!  Grrrrrr!

The story of the "other person" is intriguing and I guess must always remain a mystery.  Hmmmm...
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:10:01 AM »

I first became aware of computers when I was a tiny tot and saw the Univac on Art Linkletters's evening program People Are Funny.  They used it to match people up and try to get them married off.  It was HUGE and had all kinds of lights and cards, etc etc.

Then there were computers in THE MAN FROM THE DINER'S CLUB and of course 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.

I got my first home computer in 1992.  It was a Tandy 1500 or something like that.  We had another Radio Shack keyboard that hooked up to the television and played games - but the 1500 was the first I had with software and 5 1/4" Disks and all the good stuff....and a dot matrix printer.

I got my next computer - I don't remember the brand - in 1998 because I wanted to get onto the internet and my Tandy only had a 28.8 modem.  Then two years ago I got my present Compaq presario which I am very happy with, and hopefully will last for many more seasons!

I never imagined when I was small that we would have a computer in our house.....and now I cannot imagine life without a computer and the internet.  

The End.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 01:10:27 AM »

First post HUZZAH!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 01:11:07 AM »

Good night.  You are very close DR FJL.  Don't give up!

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 01:22:00 AM »

I think my first real awareness of computers was from watching "Forbidden Planet".

First computer I worked on was an Apple IIe.  My first home computer was an old Apple IIe from School when they were replaced by IBM clones of some sort.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:16:02 AM »

George, Graham Norton is doing a stage show here in New York. It's a "limited run" right now but if it's successful, I'm sure it will extend. It's playing down in the Village.

We had a wonderful time yesterday. Dinner at Barrymore's is always a treat and meeting Priscilla on top of it was great. We weren't sure she would be there but she had a fast cabbie who got her into the city in almost record time. After dinner Ginny, Danise, Jose, Jason and Michael came downtown and spent time in our apartment with Anthony. We gave them a grand tour of all two rooms (also a bathroom with a "special interest" collage) and a small galley kitchen. We listened to a Dark Shadows CD and Anthony showed some pictures of his production of Forum from Virginia with the "infamous" Nick and Michael the Greek, two of the tannest (is that a word???) men I have ever met.

At the top of the screen I see Mr. Moore. That must mean Michael is up also. I wonder if he's on New York time?

Yes, FJL, just 10 more posts and you will ascend before the high holy days (491 plus 10 equals 501).

I must get back to work.

Later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 04:33:00 AM »

Good morning, all!  I am up and drinking coffee.  DRMBarnum is still in Slumberland, dreaming of things I can only speculate upon.  I feel quite refreshed today, and I will head into the office soon to wait for DRJane's call.

DRJRand55, I don't tan; I burn, often quite badly.  I always wear a cap because I worry about skin cancer.

Today my houseguest becomes DRRodzinski's problem, I mean houseguest (spoo!).  I will miss him.  Even if DRJoey was a better guest.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 04:36:53 AM »

first computer was an upgraded mac that became a Macplus. I was on AOL back then. I also subscribed to a bulletin board where believe it or not Matt Hough also was part of. Cyberspace is a small world
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 04:41:14 AM »

as for the trivia question last week. I also had problems at the beginning. I too went year by year and saw all those plays with large casts but I then took the last question and went to my website www.brucekimmel.com and went through the artists page I eventually found Kathleen Widdoes and then went to the broadway info page put her name in and voila there was the answer. At least all the time I put  into it paid off with a sparkling prize! :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 04:45:47 AM »

Well today is my final day in Montreal for the year. I am not looking forward to the 3hr plus flight back. But maybe I will get myself snookered so I won't feel the pain.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2005, 04:45:49 AM »

I resisted a computer for the longest time.  I was given my first Mac by the retired librarian of Tams-Witmark, and it lasted two years with me.  I got the eMac I currently use in Sept 2003, and I cannot imagine my life now without one.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 05:01:43 AM »

Wow, I am kicking myself a little over the trivia question.  I had googled every bad pun I could think of (and that's quite a lot) on titles of large-cast plays and actually at one point googled THE WORLD OF SUZIE WRONG, even tried THE WORLD OF SUZY WRONG, and all I came up with with stuff about tattoos.  From googling now, I guess the Kenneth Tynan quote is quite famous.  Really a fun question, though.

FJL

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 05:07:21 AM »

I used the computer at school a lot in college in the late 1970's, but we were forced to use punch cards for computer programming rather than computer terminals even up to 1979.  I even typed my law school written work (equivalent of a thesis, I guess) on an electric typewriter as late as 1983.

I used office computers quite a lot in the mid-to-late 1980's, but didn't own my own until about 1993 or 1994.  It was Skip's hand-me-down Mac.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 05:45:57 AM »

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 05:57:34 AM »

Thanks DR MattH, re: the scene you described from Desperate Housewives.  That was definitely a scene we missed.  My sis said it happened to her too (on satellite).

Happy New Year to all HHW's Jewish readers.

Btw, I heard Dave make a joke last night (Letterman).  It was something like this.  "It is now the year 5766.  Gosh I keep writing 5765 on all my checks!" :)

William E. Lurie

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 06:11:14 AM »

I first became aware of computers in the mid-50s on "The $64,000 Question".  It was a gigantic machine that spit out pieces of cardboard with the questions on it.

Some thirty years later, I started using computers at work and the first computer I owned was a Timex Sinclair.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 06:12:16 AM »

DR Ben, good morning! I have adjusted to New York time quite easily, as a matter of fact...which is certainly good!

Yesterday was a busy day! I took the subway all the way down to Battery Park. I did not end up taking the Ferry as it was such a beautiful day and I thought I might just enjoy walking around New York and seeing people, places, and things....so I started up Broadway....past Wall Street...took a turn to see the city hall....then through Chelsea...to Canal Street. At Canal I hopped onto the subway to 14th...went to Movie Star News and then walked to 35th to Jerry Ohlingers Movie Material store. Didn't buy anything at Movie Star News as they charge twice as much for photos if you come to the store as opposed to using mail order...beats me as to why they do that..but I picked out what I wanted and said I woul order it from home once I returned. Had lunch at Andrew's Coffee Shop across from Macy's. Then treked up to Time's Square just in time to meet everybody at Barrymore's.

Last night I got to finally meet DRs Cillaliz, Jason, and Ginny. I actually ran into Ben and Ginny at the Virgin Megastore which I had ducked into so that I could dig through the budget CD bins before eating at Barrymores. Ginny is a delightful gal and I can see why Elmore adores her. DR Jason is a very cute young man with a beautiful speaking voice and I am very curious to hear him sing. In fact I didn't realize that we had so many singers in our HHW group...besides Jason, Jose, TPunk, and Rodzinski all sing and have sung....I see a new Folk rock group on the horizen called maybe TPunk and her Kimlets....or Jose and the Hainses...it could work.

Cillaliz I did not get a chance to chat with much, but she seems like a lot of fun and I am looking forward to getting to know her better on tomorrow's walking tour.

MBarnum

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 06:17:44 AM »

SPLASH was a fun place...with very nice scenery...but I suspect that coffee is rarely ordered there. They do not serve it on the main floor and that is why I had to hie myself to the lower level. And even down there they seemed to be surprise by the request! LOL! But the muscular, semi-nude bartender was very nice and tried his darndest to get the coffee maker to work....after much fumbling and apoligizing he could only make me a cold expresso which he didn't charge me for...I left a nice tip as he was very nice, and while waiting I found that the view was so good that I didn't mind one bit! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 06:21:31 AM »

Oh, and I must remark that I don't hate musicals at all...in fact I love movie musicals...it is just that I am not very familiar with stage musicals or the people who are in them....but I am learning, and I enjoyed watching them on the screen last night.

And I have to agree with TPunk...it was NOISY!! LOL! Which gave very little opportunity to chat with anyone....and even when someone was talking to me I would usually just nod by head and smile or laugh as though I actually was able to hear what they said! LOL!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 06:22:40 AM »

Waiting to begin by last two hour, and least favorite (not like I enjoy any of these) appointment.  The one after has been cancelled.  So far they are 20 minutes late.  I will definately miss the 11:30 train now.  With loads of luck I will catch the 12:05.

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 06:27:39 AM »

As Larry mentioned I will be packing up and moving to the home environment of those crazy cats Walty and Kilbot (and their humans, TPunk and Rodzinski). It will be sad to leave Larry's, even if he does think I plugged up his toilet! LOL! Larry has been such a wonderful host and good friend while I have been here...and of course I will still see him on Wednesday!

And I am looking forward to my stay with TPunk and Rodzinski as they are such a wonderful couple of people, (did I already mention that TPunk is gorgeous!!) and it will also be a chance to see another section of New York...Washington Heights and, on Thursday, Queens. I am also eager to check out Rodzinski's vast collection of record albums as we share an interest in unusual and retro album covers....plus the music that is contained within...Rodzinski has, little by little, introduced me to some very cool music recently.

Danise

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 06:29:09 AM »

I'm up, I'm up!  I'm sitting here in the little breakfast area with DR Ginny and we have both caught up with all of the posts from yesterday.

I was soooo tired last night.  I was very glad that DR Ginny and I decided to catch a cab ride home.  I don't think I could have walked to the subway station.  

I had a lovely time at Barrymores with the gang and then at Ben and Ant's apartment.  I loved talking about Dark Shadows.  I hope Ant won't mind if I e-mail him a bit to talk about the show.  I almost never run into anyone who want's to talk about it anymore.

As for the plans for today.  I'm not 100% sure what all on the plate.  I told VixsMom that we would just see where the wind blows us.  She should be here at the hotel around 11 and I know we are walking over to the American Girls store.  DR Ginny said she would like to join us for that part and then she has other plans.  

I don't know what or where everyone else is.  Jose, you know that you and all the other DR's are more then welcome to join us at any point.  Just give me or anyone with a cell phone a jingle and we'll plan a place to meet.

I'm having such a wonderful time!  I can't believe that it is Tuesday already.  My, how time is flying by.

VixsMom, don't worry about me talking about the net.  We are friends who happened to meet back in March.   I just happened to be back in town and wanted the chance to say "hello" again.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 06:33:26 AM »

And now my frenzy has ended for today. I must now shower and shave and hie myself to W 52nd where I will luncheon with Charles Bloom, who is the son of my interviewee Carolyn Kearney. He is a playwrite and lyricist here in New York now, but was a former child actor having appeared in LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE, BATTLE STAR GALACTICA, PIGS VS FREAKS, and was a regular on THE WAVERLY WONDERS.  We are also going to tour the MUSEUM OF RADIO AND TELEVISION where I will attempt to watch an Allison Hayes TV show or two...maybe even a June Kenney one.

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 06:35:37 AM »

'morning!  Danise is over in our hotel's breakfast room with her laptop and I'm in the "business center."

We did have a delightful dinner last night at Barrymore's (I'm trying not to think about how it may have been my last meal there  :'()  It was lovely to visit with Ben's DP Anthony and to see their home environment.  SPLASH was, indeed, loud - I think I visited some with TPunk, but we'll have to talk more tomorrow.  I had one drink, watched some videos, and then Danise hailed a cab on 6th and came "home" to crash.

As she's told you, I'm going to spend the beginning of the day with her and vixmom and The Vixter and then head to Bloomingdale's.  Coffee with a friend later this afternoon and then Walking Down Broadway tonight.

The interesting thing is the weather - I'd packed fall things for NYC and more summery things for Atlanta.  I'm wearing my summery clothes here in NY, because it looks like it'll be cooler in Atlanta later in the week than it is here now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 06:36:12 AM »

Splash was interesting (and I'm glad I went) but I hope you don't mind if I say that was "To To".  To loud and to dark.  I was both blind and deaf.  

Please don't be upset if I pass the next time.

Battery power is almost gone so I have to sign off.  Looking forward to meeting everyone again today and to meeting DR Jane!  Safe travels!

Have a wonderful day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 06:37:23 AM »

Traveling vibes to DR Jane - hope to see you tonight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 06:46:05 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up!  I'm up!

-Nothing like a 9:00 wake-up call - or, more precisely, wake-up buzzer - from FedEx...  And then scrambling to make myself presentable in order to answer the door and sign for my package...  Without my glasses on... -I just started laughing at myself... But my package finally came.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up