Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AHA  (Read 32953 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:AHA
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2005, 05:38:06 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2005, 05:39:45 PM »

DRs PennyO and Ginny, I've very sorry to hear about your losses. :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2005, 05:42:49 PM »

I have now caught up with all the posts after being gone all day yesterday.

As for the Topic of the Day:  besides the aforementioned Rachel York...ditto to everything. ;) It's just easier that way.  Although I did think that The Secret Garden should have won best score over The Will Rogers Follies.  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 05:43:35 PM by George »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2005, 05:49:35 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from my first full day of rehearsal...

WHEW!

And now it's time for meeting of the creative team... and pizza... and maybe a beer or two... or three...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2005, 05:49:58 PM »

Well, on second thought, let me get my usual, a Tanqueray & Tonic.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2005, 05:51:28 PM »

...And by no means am I implying that today was a bad day of rehearsal.  It was a very good one, in fact.  It was just long.

...and we're rehearsing in a space called "The Log" - which, as you may have guessed, is made out wood - but it's not really a log cabin.

However, it also does not have air conditioning, so...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 05:51:45 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2005, 05:55:23 PM »

I think Fiddler announced their closing date since they're at the point where they haven't found anyone bankable to replace Harvey.  -And, I'm guessing he'll be playing Tevye until closing at this point.  This way, group sales sales can be coordinated and adjusted if necessary.  -And it's a big group sales show.

Now, as for Movin' Out...  I'm suspecting it will close mid-September.  And, unfortunately, the buzz is that All Shook Up may close at that time if their advance sales do not pick up.

*I talked to a friend of mine who was in the city over the weekend.  He and a couple of his friends actually managed to snag second row seats in the mezzanine at TKTS for All Shook Up on Saturday.  Hmm...  We shall see...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 05:56:02 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2005, 05:56:59 PM »

DR PennyO and Ginny, I am also very saddened to hear of your losses.  Plural in both cases.  I just want to extend my very heart felt condolences to you both.  

If the loss of one parent leaves a void, then losing both must be an aching gap.

The loss of two co-workers is also terrible.  No matter if they were people you got along with or not, I’m sure the work environment will not be the same without them.

Be gentle with yourselfs. Time is the great healer but remember, it takes time for it to work.  Just know that we are here for you.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2005, 05:57:06 PM »

Actually, DRSWW, the Loesser of two evils was his alcoholic first wife.  I'm very fond of Jo Loesser, but she can be a tough cookie!
Ah!  I stand corrected!  My bad.  (I knew I'd heard the phrase, didn't know exactly who was being referenced.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2005, 06:00:45 PM »

I am sorry to hear about your parents, Penny. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Several of us here at HHW have lost parents over the last few years, so we know how difficult this time is for you now.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2005, 06:09:55 PM »

Her write-up on IMDB says she was born on Feb. 27, 1949, in Middletown, Ohio, USA.  I was surprised to learn that, too, when I looked her up after enjoying her in the made-for-TV Eloise movies and as one of the only good things about the TV remake of The Music Man.

Well, she graduated from high school in Maryland, so she didn't stay in Middletown!  Next time I see her, I'll ask her when her family moved from Ohio.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »

Well, she graduated from high school in Maryland, so she didn't stay in Middletown!  Next time I see her, I'll ask her when her family moved from Ohio.

OK, and let me know what you find out!

Thanks to DRs George and Danise for their thoughts on my workplace sorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2005, 06:29:49 PM »

DRS PennyO and Ginny, I  am also very sorry for your losses.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2005, 06:32:30 PM »

TITANIC should never have won Best Picture over L.A. CONFIDENTIAL.

;D Or just about anything, IMHO.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2005, 06:41:24 PM »

What rehearsal?  What creative team?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2005, 06:51:44 PM »

Bk, is there any Michel Legrand you are still seeking?

Jane

« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »

Ginny I'm very sorry about your co-workers.

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2005, 07:00:19 PM »

Thank you, Jane and Cillaliz.  Goodnight, all.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2005, 07:05:53 PM »

You didn't know??  All of the press for the book that I've read/heard/seen mentions that a beloved character dies.  Of course, none has said which character, just that one does. :-\

I went to great lengths to avoid the press and any discussion of the plot or outcome, then just prior to reading the book it popped up on Google news.  I wanted to enjoy the book, not keep wondering “who it will be”.  I had to work very hard not to think about it.

George

« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »

I went to great lengths to avoid the press and any discussion of the plot or outcome, then just prior to reading the book it popped up on Google news.  I wanted to enjoy the book, not keep wondering “who it will be”.  I had to work very hard not to think about it.

Have you started it?  Have you finished it?  Have you found out who dies??  I haven't read ANY of the books and I only just watched the third movie Saturday night (Sunday morning), which I quite enjoyed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 07:17:15 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2005, 07:18:54 PM »

Hisaka the Blue Bayou roses are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.  I love the scent of lavender colored roses.

Cillaliz, just four more evenings before we meet in person. :D

Jane

« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »

Have you started it?  Have you finished it?  Have you found out who dies??  I haven't read ANY of the books and I only just watched the third movie Saturday night (Sunday morning), which I quite enjoyed.

LOL-Yes, yes, and yes.  And I enjoyed it very much.  It didn't take me long to read it.  It might have taken an extra day but I woke up during the night, after dreaming I was in the world of Harry Potter, and just had to finish reading it. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2005, 07:27:54 PM »

Cillaliz, just four more evenings before we meet in person. :D

Looking forward to it!!

George

« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »

LOL-Yes, yes, and yes.  And I enjoyed it very much.  It didn't take me long to read it.  It might have taken an extra day but I woke up during the night, after dreaming I was in the world of Harry Potter, and just had to finish reading it. :)

Cool!  And since I'm not reading the books, can you PM me with WHO died?? ;) I promise that I won't post it anywhere...I am just curious.  Is it someone who is not in the first three movies?  If it is, then I have no idea who could it be...who could it be!  (a CATS reference ;D)

Jennifer

« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2005, 07:30:08 PM »

DR Ginny, sort about your losses.

And I will agree re: Harry Potter.  I had read a long while ago about the loss, but forgot about it until it was mentioned here.  It's not a big deal.  But I think it's just something to remember that not everybody wants to know these things.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2005, 07:30:45 PM »

What rehearsal?  What creative team?

For the show I'm doing up here at Williamstown.

http://www.wtfestival.org

It's called Triangle.  The composer is Curtis Moore - who mentioned the other day that's he's talked with a few times, BK.  The lyricist is Tom Mizer.  The book writer is Joshua Scher.  For a brief description of the show, and a sound clip of one of the songs, check out:

http://www.trickybox.com

And our director is Carlos (I have yet to get his last name).  He's one of the Directing Fellows this season, and he actually just won one of those Princess Grace Awards too.

All good people.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2005, 07:32:28 PM »

I usually read at night until I get drowsy, put the book down and go right to sleep.  Last night I didn’t get drowsy and was completely engrossed in my book (ON FALCON’S WINGS) and read until there wasn’t anymore to read.  By then it was almost 4:30.  6:00 came way too early this morning.  I dosed on and off until 6:30 when Keith woke me up.  

Right now I'm struggling to stay awake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2005, 07:34:38 PM »

I have been watching Love at First Bite - not too funny, although a few of the gags are okay.  I never saw the whole thing, but I definitely remember the very amusing disco scene and I Love the Nightlife dance.  Well, guess what?  These sickening cheap cretins at MGM/UA or whatever concern controls the rights, have seen fit not to pay for I Love the Nightlife, and it is replaced by some awful song at the wrong tempo and it completely ruins what was, according to most, the highlight of the film.  I shut it off and back to the store it goes, because NOWHERE on the packaging does it say that the film has been altered.

Jane

« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2005, 07:34:46 PM »

Cool!  And since I'm not reading the books, can you PM me with WHO died?? ;) I promise that I won't post it anywhere...I am just curious.  Is it someone who is not in the first three movies?  If it is, then I have no idea who could it be...who could it be!  (a CATS reference ;D)

LOL-no wonder you weren't bothered by the advance information.  I would want to wait.  I will email you now.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2005, 07:38:20 PM »

Hi Bruce-nice blurbs. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up