Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PROCRASTINATING ME  (Read 33973 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE PROCRASTINATING ME
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2007, 12:04:53 PM »

Good Afternoon!

To quote Henry Higgins... "Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!"

When I logged off earlier, I was all set to finally make the trek out to IKEA.  So, I took a look at the paper where I had worked out the shelf layout earlier, double-checking what I already had and what I would need to buy...  Then... -I wonder if I have any more shelves in storage?  Hmm...  So... I started to do a mental inventory of how I used to have the shelves set up... And, alas, after a bit of pencil and paper and mental figuring/anguish, I realized that I have to have some more shelving units in my storage space.  At least I hope I'm remembering correctly.  So...

The plan for now - which I also realized is the plan I should have gone with all along - is to clean up and organize what I already have up here.  First.  -I was originally thinking that I would like to get all the shelving set up here first before moving everything up so that everything would already have a place to be put.  That's still a viable alternative, but all that is causing me to do is to stall any work I need to get done up here.  So...  I'm heading down to DC this weekend to go through a bunch of boxes.  Lots of it will be trashed, a good chunk of it will go to a consignment shop, and I'll go ahead and take some stuff back with me.  And since I plan on going by my storage unit, I can pick up the rest of the shelves I have in there.  Well, there better be some shelves in there!  ;)  -And that should prepare me properly for the big, rent-the-truck move the following week.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 12:08:45 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2007, 12:05:01 PM »

Light the Flaming Zero!

[/b]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »

Light the Flaming Zero!

[/b]

Now that's a proper welcome to Page Six!!!

*You may have to reside in the New York City viewing area to understand that.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2007, 12:07:04 PM »

I want to hear about some tricks, baby.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2007, 12:07:56 PM »

I used to love magic as a youngster (see Kritzerland for those stories).  I think it's in Kritzerland.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »

I have shaved and will shower and then be on my way to rehearsal - a full five hours today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2007, 12:09:45 PM »

I sent Tony Walton a copy of How To Write A Dirty Book and Other Stories - he sent me a thank you note and said that while the cover was lovely, the book itself was a different book.  I tell ya.  That's only happened once before but it's really annoying.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »

bk - I meant to ask this yesterday...

Is the "Kids show" you're working on related to the "Kidz Bop" concerts"?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2007, 12:11:12 PM »

I don't know from Kidz Bop, but I'm sure there are a few of these things out there, trying to be like the whiggles and the doodlebops - the sad part is this guy has had this idea for years but never could figure out how to take it to the next step - which is why he was finally put in touch with me.  Our show is called The Party Animals Live.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »

In any case...

Since I haven't had any lunch yet, I'm gonna head out for a bit to get a bite to eat.  And to clear my head.  And then once I get back... Let the games begin!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »

I don't know from Kidz Bop, but I'm sure there are a few of these things out there, trying to be like the whiggles and the doodlebops - the sad part is this guy has had this idea for years but never could figure out how to take it to the next step - which is why he was finally put in touch with me.  Our show is called The Party Animals Live.

Hmm... Well, just going by what you been "revealing" on the site, I'd look into Kidz Bop - and maybe even the "Little Mozart" program here in NYC.

*Kidz Bop is a basically a cover-band disguised as a concert/School-of-Rock event.  Now, if what you're working on is using original tunes...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2007, 12:14:24 PM »

OK.  I'm stalling again.  And my stomach is growling...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »

I wonder what the job title would be for the guy (or gal) who oiled his shorts?

I don't know. But I used to work with a gal whose job, when she lived in California back many, many years ago, was to shave the guys before the bodybuilding shows.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2007, 12:37:53 PM »

I used to work with a gal whose job, when she lived in California back many, many years ago, was to shave the guys before the bodybuilding shows.

Greg has worked on several puppet shows for PBS. (Puppeteers seem to generally have a pretty dark sense of humor!) We have become a "tight-knit" group of friends over the years. The prop person, who maintains the puppets and keeps them looking good, is known as the "puppet fluffer". LOL!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »

I wish someone would light the obnoxious actress in those HIP ads who yells
LIGHT THE FLAMING ZERO!
[/b]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »

Got back from lunch, and it felt like the temperature had dropped 10 degrees. Probably hadn't and I was standing in the shade, but it was COLD today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »

It's still very brisk outside in glorious sunlight.

Tonight...colder still.  Have already brought some plants in from the balcony.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »

I keep forgetting, in talking to other people, that we have a three-day weekend.  I keep trying to make plans/appointments for Monday.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »

For those in states where it is NOT observed, Monday is Martin Luther King Jrs. birthday....a federal holiday.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2007, 01:20:45 PM »

I got several telephone calls this afternoon, one of which lasted almost thirty minutes, so I didn't have a chance to get through even a single movie.

The movie was THE LAST SAMURAI. I never saw this in the theater, and I didn't watch it on HBO when it aired, so the Blu-ray disc was my first experience with it.

I think it's too long (though I understand the reasoning behind the length), but it's thoroughly engrossing. I really liked Ed Zwick's GLORY (even with Matthew Broderick the weakest of the actors), and this has the same kind of stateliness in tone. Cruise stays in character and has been very strong. Ken Watanabe earned his Oscar nomination for this, a very intense, commanding performance.

As for the Blu-ray transfer, well, it's another slam drunk for Warners (THE SEARCHERS was also from them.) That three dimensional look that the best HD transfers has is here in spades, and it's just so easy for the image to mesmerize you with its color, sharpness, and detail. Rock solid.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2007, 01:21:49 PM »

For those in states where it is NOT observed, Monday is Martin Luther King Jrs. birthday....a federal holiday.

Yes, I knew that, but of course it means another mail interruption and more magazines that get "lost" in the deluge.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »

DerBrucer-thanks for the fun photos.

Jeanne-I don’t remember that house in Culver City.  I checked with Keith & he doesn’t either.  Now I’m very curious, sure would have like to see it.  

JANE, I was wondering if you'd remember it. I don't think it's the Witch's House that Ron was referring to, although the architecture is similar, but I could be wrong. I do know that the house I'm thinking of was still there in 1994, because I made a point of looking for it. Between Washington and Venice Blvd, between Overland and Robertson. the street runs north and south and the house is on the west side.  Now it's bugging me! I can see it in my mind's eye, but don't recall the name of the street.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »

It all sounds wonderful, DR MattH.   If  you were reporting on some film I wanted to watch, I might actually be jealous.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2007, 01:23:52 PM »

So tonight, I want to finish SAMURAI and hopefully see if CSI: NY recorded (and if so, watch it) before UGLY BETTY comes on.

Should be easy enough to do. I cleaned the bedroom areas this morning since I got up much earlier than usual.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2007, 01:24:54 PM »

Our show is called The Party Animals Live.

I think I used to date them!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »

It all sounds wonderful, DR MattH.   If  you were reporting on some film I wanted to watch, I might actually be jealous.

Well, I think you've already seen the next Blu-ray in the queue: SUPERMAN II: THE RICHARD DONNER CUT. But, I'll keep trying!

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2007, 01:28:27 PM »

I just read in VARIETY that Meryl Streep has signed to play the lead in the film version of MAMMA MIA which is now in the planning stages.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »

I don't know. But I used to work with a gal whose job, when she lived in California back many, many years ago, was to shave the guys before the bodybuilding shows.

Oh, yes, interesting careers. Could be a TOD, if you haven't done it already.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2007, 01:45:59 PM »

Greg has worked on several puppet shows for PBS. (Puppeteers seem to generally have a pretty dark sense of humor!) We have become a "tight-knit" group of friends over the years. The prop person, who maintains the puppets and keeps them looking good, is known as the "puppet fluffer". LOL!

EDISAURUS,
Did you ever meet Marcia Berman or Mallory Pearce, old puppeteer friends of mine from LA long ago? Lovely people.

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »

DR Ginny - Thanks for posting the link for the TLA symposium.

You're welcome, DR Jose.  I'm actually thinking about treating myself to a long weekend in NYC and attending the symposium.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up