Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: INUNDATED WITH FOOTAGE  (Read 25006 times)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
Re:INUNDATED WITH FOOTAGE
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2003, 06:56:43 PM »

Oh, the karma fairy likes me, she really likes me!!

Thank you karma fairy!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2003, 06:57:02 PM »

I'm typing this while sitting on the floor of my empty office in an empty house.   The movers arrived four hours late -- after I had stayed up the enitre night packing and getting ready for them to show at 9 a.m. Once they did show up, they were very good and even comlplimented me on my packing. The good news is that they say they will deliver my things by Sunday noon - which is much sooner than I hade been expecting.  No more sleeping on the floor after that. Bright and early tomorrow the cross country drive begins. It's snowing tonight, so the driving weather won't be great in the morning. Califonia here I come!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2003, 07:04:47 PM »

I am not related to David Pogue, in as far as either of us is going to be inheriting stuff from the other if either of us meets an untimely end.  But then I suspect all us Pogues are related to each other in one way or another.  If his family plowed through Kentucky with Dan'l Boone, then, yeah, we're no doubt related...

td, have you seen the latest edition of Scarlet Street?  I have not yet.  I'm not even sure which photos Richard had left to use.

Emily

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2003, 07:14:25 PM »

I am terribly upset about my recent stagnation in the karma department.  What is this?  I turn twenty and all of a sudden I'm not young and nubile enough to be karma-lized?

Hee Hee! "Karmalized"! Guffaw!  Like an onion!  Ha! :)

I had a very scary moment on the bus today on my way home from work.  I just managed to grab a seat and as I moved my hand to adjust the wire running from my headphones to my disc player in my bag I realized that my right hand was a big bloody mess.  I was leaking blood!  And I didn't even realize it until I saw it!  

I think I may have poked myself in the finger with my Remembrance Day poppy when I put my coat on.  It obviously didn't hurt me that much but it did catch me at just the right spot near my nail.  Oh well.  

I am now blood deprived.  The perfect time to be writing an essay on provincial politics! :)

DR Jason - I liked the Avenue Q selection of the day.  :)

DR Andrea - dream houses, eh... let's just say mine revolves around a very comfortable attic in YOUR dream house :)

MY QUESTION FOR BK (getting to this kinda late!)

What is the GROSSEST thing you have ever been served at a restaurant or a friend/family member's house to eat?  
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2003, 07:15:07 PM »

The whole thing is psychological.  I don't know from Shakespeare sonnet symbols by I do know from Shakespeare sonnet cymbals - they crash, much like this website occasionally does.

Is anyone else getting the old "verboten" sign on clicksmilies?  I'm certainly getting the old verboten sign and I feel that the whole thing is psychological.  I also feel that the hole thing is psychological, but that's another story.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2003, 07:16:42 PM »

I have been served many Gross things, since my grandparents' real name was Gross.  I think I once was served some chicken in a mole sauce and let me tell you I took one bite of it and thought I would vomit on the ground right there in front of everyone.  I can think of no grosser thing at this time.

Michael

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2003, 07:29:29 PM »

Bought tonight the Kander and Ebb autobiography and then Mordden's One More Kiss Looking forward to reading them and reporting back. Anyone else reading them?
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2003, 07:30:18 PM »

Have I mentioned lately how much I love karma!  Thanks to the karma fairies.

Btw, in case anyone is interested, this week is Broadway week on Pyramid (the game show hosted by Donny Osmond). Today Stephanie (can't spell her last name) from Avenue Q was on with Kate Monster.  She was amazing.  I wonder if the fact that she is used to speaking quickly and doing things fast paced helped her. But she was so good at this game. I don't think she missed giving or receiving a single clue. And it was so cool to hear/see Kate Monster there talking too.

Michael

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2003, 07:34:09 PM »

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed The Broadway Radio Show this week. Great job Donald! Have you ever thought about putting shows on www.live365.com?
Never stop dreaming.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2003, 07:41:50 PM »

I must share my joy with my dear HHW friends.  After over nine months of faithful work, as of tonight I have lost exactly 30 pounds!  I still have about 20 more before I reach my goal, but 30 is a major accomplishment for me...so I'm feeling happy, and I had to share :D :D :D :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2003, 07:44:55 PM »

Thanks MDS for the lyrics to that strangely familiar song from "Seabiscuit". I don't remember it in the Shirley Temple version! Thanks especially to LC for the movie song information - I had not heard of the Dylan film and "Cold Mountain" has not had an OZ release.
"Brokeback Mountain" (Annie Proulx) could be an interesting fim. Any suggestions for the cast?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2003, 07:48:27 PM »

DR Ann: If you have created a new habit and don't mind sharing would you lose some for me too. I can never find my glasses or car keys but the weight always seem to be easy to find. I was a touch concerned with the connection bewteen the weight loss and the time frame. Should we be knitting garments for a large baby?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2003, 07:48:39 PM »

Anyone else feel that the whole problem is psychological?

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2003, 07:54:04 PM »

Thanks MDS for the links...I keep forgetting about the WWW.BRUCEKIMMEL.COM sight. I need to get me on over there and do some perusing. But first I must post...and with all my new karma! Hurray and thanks!

td

• td
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2003, 08:08:49 PM »

td, have you seen the latest edition of Scarlet Street?  I have not yet.  I'm not even sure which photos Richard had left to use.

Only two pictures (of you) in Issue #49:

the corpse on the floor and the very intense, folded-arms, almost-a-head-shot photo.  I believe that both of them are new to Scarlet Street readers.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2003, 08:14:04 PM »

Panni, see you in L.A.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2003, 08:30:01 PM »

bk, you didn't answer my question about Diet Coke from page 1. I know you sometimes answer questions the day after they're asked, but you've answered others' questions today, so I was wonderfing if you forgot about mine. Maybe it was psychological!  :)  Or, perhaps I missed it.

DR MDS, I mentioned ONE MORE KISS several days ago. Someone here hadn't liked it nearly as much as Mordden's previous decade surveys, and I countered that I had liked it quite a bit since he liked all of Sondheim's works during the decade and so had I. I have ordered COLORED LIGHTS, but it hasn't arrived yet, and I'm not really expecting it until next week. That's fine because I have more than enough things to read to keep me busy.

Looks like we'll have a nice total of messages by the end of the day.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2003, 08:41:18 PM »

I wonder if "Colored Lights" will have an English and Australian pressing "Coloured Lights". I look forward to reading it myself. Kander & Ebb have given so much of interest to the world of musical theatre. I would love to see someone record their "flop" musicals as I am sure there are treasures there.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2003, 08:43:29 PM »

DR Maya: I believe it is the birthday of Sally Fields today/tomorrow. With that famous quote she was not talking to me!
James Thurber 1957

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2003, 08:44:59 PM »

Tom - Cold Mountain isn't coming out in the US until this Christmas, so I would gather the international release dates will be after that.. when do you usually get all the Oscar-contender films?

Ann - congrats on the weight loss!
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2003, 08:53:16 PM »

LC. Usually about three months after the USA release unless it is LOTR or some such wonder. "Seabiscuit" and the third of the Matrix movies hit our screens today. We do however get UK releases much earlier. "Bend It Like Beckam" was released here about a year before the USA. DVD releases are often slow. We do not have the market size. I am still hoping for a release of "Castle In The Sky" (?) on DVD as I so much enjoyed "Spirited Away". USA studios are clamping down a bit on exports to countries where a release date is in the future. So far I have been lucky and I think "Finding Nemo" is in the mail.  (There are so many pirated copies available here anyway!)
I noticed that a Hot Topic has 150 posts and very hot topic has 50! (maybe I was just upside down as are all Australians of course). May have the numbers wrong but I am not going back to check.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2003, 09:02:30 PM »

I meant to mention in my last post that I agree completely with the assessments of Clay Aiken's first album. I did find three cuts worth listening to more than once, but one of them was "This Is the Night" which was on his previously released single. I know he wanted to do a CD of new music and not just a keepsake CD of songs he performed on AMERICAN IDOL, but I would have liked the CD more if he had done a mix of old and new. That would have offered something for those of either desire. Maybe the next one will have some standards.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

Now, I'm not generally one to beg, but what's happening here, folks? The karma fairy has apparently been flitting by all evening and I've yet to bathe in his glory. Perhaps it's all psychological. ;)

I just booked my flight home for Christmas. HOORAY! I'll be gone Dec. 23-28, which frightens me financially, but whatever--I need to go home for a few days.

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2003, 09:25:33 PM »

Maybe the Karma fairies are out shopping for good wishes for your upcoming birthday Jason. Be positive and thankful that nothing is taken away!
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2003, 09:35:01 PM »

Oy...birthdays. :\

(And by the way, I was only teasing about the karma stuff...I'm quite pleased with 10.)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2003, 09:44:23 PM »

Did you hear that the American Association of Gynecologists has selected an official drink?  It's one part Blue Ribbon beer and one part Smirnoff Vodka.  They call it the Pabst Smir.

(Remember, there is no groaning at HHW.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 09:46:53 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2003, 09:46:08 PM »

Here's one that Dear Reader Music Guy would enjoy, if he can drag his butt cheeks back to the site.

Did you see today's business news?  Xerox is merging with the Wurlitzer Company.  They will manufacture reproductive organs.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2003, 09:46:27 PM »

Ann--congrats on the weight loss!  What a great accomplishment for you!  

Tom--LOL...she's a good actress.  She's just also...hmmm...how do I say this delicately...annoying sometimes!

To bed with me...I really should study for tomorrow's math quiz sometime tonight.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2003, 09:51:55 PM »

Ann:  Congratulations on the weight loss.  But never fear, the weight is not lost, it is still in Tacoma.   It just moved a little farther north near Point Defiance.

Maya:  I couldn't get an answer to your quiz...  Something about not having a password, or something.  It's okay, though, because I know the answer for me had to be Brent.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jay

« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2003, 09:53:03 PM »

And this song is dedicated to Dear Reader Panni:

Happy trails to you...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up