Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JEWS AND BASEBALL  (Read 18997 times)

Ginny

Re: JEWS AND BASEBALL
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »

DR Jane - with 2 sticks of margarine, my caramel corn is not heart-healthy, so I eat very little.  But not none  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

Can you post your recipe?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

well I have done it again - dropped my camera in the driveway without noticing and then ran it over with the car

that is what happened to my last camera

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:05:46 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »

Oh, I didn't post about my afternoon and shopping trip.  I went to look at sofa sleepers.  The one I saw is Ok, but I'm not in love with it.  It's in the clearance store but I can order it any time.  The fabric is sort of canvas. It's something that I'm concerned little claws may be able to rip.

As I was pondering all this, my phone rang. It was Edith and she said her husband was ready to stop over at my house.  He was really coming over to look at the furnace.  I had considered waiting on moving the beds, but decided since there was someone here who had the ability to help me I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass me by. 

Long story short, the bed I want to give away is now in the basement and I've called my nephew to tell him he can take his time finding someone to come and get it.  The bed from the guest room has been moved into my room.  I still need to wash all the bedding and remake the bed tonight, but YEAH!!!!! There is no bed in the guest room!!!  I am now ready to really work in there over the Thanksgiving weekend.  I'll have three days to work (one to eat turkey with mom and dad) .

The cats are totally freaked out.  They love sleeping on the bed in that room. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »

Thanks Cilla.

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »

I looked at TVs.  I like the Sony Google TV set up, but to watch TV with it you really need to have cable or satellite.  I'm wanting to use this with a TV that I can just pick up some over the air channels.  I'm seriously considering a Vizio with internet apps  or getting a tv and a blu-ray that gets internet apps.   If I want a 32 inch vizio with the apps I need to get up early and go to Sams on black Friday. It's one of the loss leaders

Jane

« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »

DR Jane - with 2 sticks of margarine, my caramel corn is not heart-healthy, so I eat very little.  But not none  ;)

Not none is good :)

Jane

« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »

well I have done it again - dropped my camera in the driveway without noticing and then ran it over with the car

You do need more sleep :(

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: November 20, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »

OH NO VIXMOM!!! Do you have another camera to take prom photos?   can you get the card out of your camera and salvage any photos already taken?    VIBES~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »

Short version of earlier post for DR JANE - Edith's husband helped me move the bed out of the guest room and into the basement..now I can start working in the guest room

Ginny

« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »

Caramel Corn

20 cups of popped popcorn
2 sticks margarine
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of cream of tartar

Put popped popcorn in a greased roaster pan, sifting out unpopped kernels.

Melt margarine in a medium saucepan and stir in brown sugar, Karo syrup, and salt.  Bring to a full boil, then boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and cream of tartar.  Pour syrup over popped corn and stir.

Bake in a 250o oven for 1 hour, stirring at 15 minutes intervals.  Remove from oven, cool, and break apart.  Store in air-tight container.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2010, 04:10:54 PM »

Cilla where will your parents sleep over Thanksgiving?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »

There's something wrong with this picture!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »

They aren't staying over night.  I do have two futons and an air mattress and wouldn't have moved the bed if they wanted to stay.  They want to come spend the day and go home.  I do it up there a lot.  Dad has a very bad cold and the weather forecast for Wednesday night is really iffy, so I'm not sure they will come on Thursday.  If it's questionable at all we've agreed they won't come.  If the weather clears, as is expected, they will come on Friday or Saturday

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »

There's something wrong with this picture!

Oh, if groaning were only allowed here... :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:19:47 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »

Thanks Ginny!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »

der Brucer?  Oh, yes, der Brucer - nice to see him on the board again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »

I gotta tell you.

MBarnum

« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

TOD:  I think it would be cool to do a documentary about some really cool house and the people who lived there. Not just the original owners, but each of the  people who lived there and how they changed the look, feel etc of the house as well as events that happened there and how it effected the people who lived in the house. 

There was a fictional "If These Walls Could Talk" years ago on HBO.  I would want mine to be nonfiction, but it's the same idea

That doesn't sound very exciting when I write it down, but the idea in my head is wonderful

Actually, I think that sounds like a very cool idea!

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »

We may have freezing drizzle tonight.  OH now they are saying we may have significant snowfall next week.

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »

Thanks Ginny!

You're welcome and good luck!  Be careful with the syrup, because it's very easy to burn it.  And wear an oven mitt when you stir - that syrup is HOT and can really burn your hand

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »

The event was really fun - we ended up with about thirty people, which was fine, but, for me, still disappointing.  There were only about eight students from the department there, and a total of one alumni.  But the panel was great - lots of great insights into their very different processes as to how they choose shows, what they look for in auditions and all sorts of other interesting things.  Lots of fun stories and I think they all had a very good time.  And to the LA actors, students and alums who never seem to get off their collective ASSES to actually attend something that might be very beneficial to them - well, they reap what they sow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: November 20, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »

I'm meeting edisaurus and Greg at Musso and Frank at five-thirty.  I will undoubtedly have my beloved combo Louis.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »

TOD:  I think it would be cool to do a documentary about some really cool house and the people who lived there. Not just the original owners, but each of the  people who lived there and how they changed the look, feel etc of the house as well as events that happened there and how it effected the people who lived in the house. 

There was a fictional "If These Walls Could Talk" years ago on HBO.  I would want mine to be nonfiction, but it's the same idea

That doesn't sound very exciting when I write it down, but the idea in my head is wonderful

Actually, I think that sounds like a very cool idea!

Thanks MBarnum

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »

Thanks Ginny!

You're welcome and good luck!  Be careful with the syrup, because it's very easy to burn it.  And wear an oven mitt when you stir - that syrup is HOT and can really burn your hand

Don't think I'll do it tonight.  I bought some chocolate chips yesterday and I've been thinking about chocolate chip cookies for days.  I may make some to take to my mom either to take home after Thanksgiving or at Christmas.  She loves carmel corn and so do I!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: November 20, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »

I am ready to head out to Encores! but suddenly I am feeling a bit puny. I'm not sure if I should head on down or hang around here for a bit longer. Damn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: November 20, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »

Glad the event went well, BK, despite the turnout.  Glad you are able to meet up with Edi and Greg

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »

VIBES THAT YOU FEEL WELL IMMIEDIATELY TO DR ELMORE ~~~~~~~~~~

MBarnum

« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »

Indeed DR JRand, I still feel like crap. I have  been sick since Monday with a terrible cold or something. Blech. Yesterday and today were the worst days..I am hoping I start feeling better now.

And to top it off I threw my back out yesterday and it hurts like a sonofabeach! I have a heating  pad on it today and that seems to help a bit.

Now off too watch somemore Bollywood movies. That is all I feel up to doing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »

Now here's a TSA pat down nightmare.   http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001  I'm glad I'm not flying right now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up