Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: DILIGENT  (Read 9524 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: DILIGENT
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2011, 10:56:02 PM »

And since I don't want to sleep through most of my day off tomorrow...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »

I went to Borders today. The parking lot was packed!

Books were 10% off and CDs were 20% off. Didn't find any CDs that I couldn't live without (they had pretty much gotten rid of their world music section long ago, anyway).

Magazines were all 40% off so bought an issue of the monster movie magazine SCREEM! and I bought a new address book and a book to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries, both 10% off.

I may go back in a few weeks and stock up on greeting cards once those are marked down lower. Borders always has the best greeting cards.

MBarnum

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2011, 11:09:26 PM »

And when did comic books become so expensive!!??

An ARCHIE comic book was $3.99 for goodness sake! I had thought it would be fun to pick one up for my grandniece Taylor, but no sense in getting her hooked on something so expensive.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »

The poster for the Anglo/Franco Montreal production of The Brain From Planet X

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150238511022484&set=o.216319558382406&type=1&theater

Wow! I made the poster. That's exciting.

Congratulations, Larry!  It is a nice poster...other than the Wetcher misspelling.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »

The poster is cute, but someone might want to tell them it would be nice to fix the spelling of Mr. Wechter's last name.

Wasn't David's name misspelled in Olympia?

Did you have to bring that up?? :-[
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:45 PM »

What I'd really like is some PIE, but I will not succumb, oh, no, I will not succumb.

I went to my sister's today for some left-over wedding cake. :) No, not from my sister's wedding, but the son of one of her co-workers.  My sister bought a couple of Costco cakes and he had made an Oreo cake in several layers, and it had Doctor Who's Tardis on the top.  I guess that he and his new bride are quite the DW fans.

George

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »

Manhattan's first gay wedding: the bride is 76 and the other bride iis 84. God bless them.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/07/24/Gay-wedding-bells-ring-in-New-York/UPI-79381311510926/

Hoo and Ray!! ;D

HERE is another article about the recent change in events.

George

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »

Just finished listening to the Jason Graae: Perfrect Hermany.

You have to submit it for the Grammy consideration in the Traditional Pop Vocal Album. I think it's worth the attempt. That's how good it is.

I had mine sent to my work.  I should get it tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up