Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 18362 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2006, 06:57:35 PM »

DR Jane: She went undercover with a neighbor.

:D  You too TPunk.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2006, 07:04:28 PM »

Ginny, we'll miss you at margaritas on friday night.

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2006, 07:09:10 PM »

Ginny, we'll miss you at margaritas on friday night.

Thanks - see you Monday!  While you're having margaritas on Friday I think I'll be at Books & Co. here in Dayton to see Susan Vreeland.  My book group has read 3 of her books:  Girl in Hyacinth Blue, The Passion of Artemisia, and The Forest Lover.  She's on tour now promoting the paperback release of her short story collection, Life Studies.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »

THAT'S OUR AQUAMAN!!!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »

Channeling surfing and caught the Act One Finale sequence and Act two of Phantom of the Opera. I tried to like as I haven't seen it in 18 years but it just didn't do anything for me. It was nicely designed and photographed and surprisingly Joel Shumacher (sp?) did a nice job of directing but the viewing left me flat and what was the point of the new song over the end titles? Was it there just to get an oscar nomination? (Which it did and lost)
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2006, 07:19:30 PM »

I must admit I didn’t get a chance to watch it with so much going on around here after our mini-floods.  Should I wait until next Christmas or go ahead and watch it now?  I was listening to my Doris Day Christmas CD in my car until yesterday and now I feel ready to move on.

I say, move on.  I'm about ding-dang-done with Christmas, too.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »

LOL Cillaliz on our parallel Saturday morning!

It wouldn't have made me laugh nearly as much if it had been something more exciting than servicing cars and eating at diners.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »

Can we say SENILE?  I had a rehearsal with Linda Purl today - forgot to write it in my iCal, but had printed it out and then didn't see it.  Thankfully, she called and I ran over and we were fine.  I now know I must write everything in my iCal if I am to survive as a normal human being.
Better se-nile than de-nial.  Yes, write down everything.  You'll feel better for it.  And if you've got it written down, and the other fellow doesn't, you've got the evidence right there in writing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2006, 07:33:35 PM »

Ben I love the photos, keep them coming. :)

Poor Anthony only has a little slice of Italy named for him while I have an entire street in NY. ;)

I only have a bus....but she was the Queen of the Desert!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2006, 07:33:37 PM »

It is just like the iOre, except for people who live farther south.
I thoght iOre was a character in Winn-iPooh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2006, 07:39:47 PM »

I'm praying for Rosemary's Baby and sending break a leg vibes to BK and the Cast if Deceit

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »

I'm slowly feeling better. Today I made it through a whole day of work. I sound much worse than I feel so I made a lot of calls to people who I could use the sympathy card with....well that's my story anyway

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2006, 07:48:14 PM »

MattH, I find your comment about InJustice interesting, that it could become boring if none of the people aren't innocent.  It seems like the premise of most of the cop/prosecutor shows is that someone is always guilty and they always find the guy who did it. I'm not being judgmental, just curious if that gets boring too?  

I guess you could always see it as the show starts with a crime that wasn't really solved and they are investigating years later to see who really did it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2006, 07:51:08 PM »

I can't say that I loved the show, I am, however a little defensive about the issue. It's scary how many innocent people are in jail. Really innocent people.  after 20 years in the criminal justice system, I really believe that. I'm just glad that the issue is finding it's way into the mainstream.  Things like the least reliable evidence is eye witness testimony etc

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2006, 07:52:16 PM »

On a lighter note, the chocolate chip ice cream is calling me and I intend to listen

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2006, 07:52:42 PM »

Oh, and I, too would love the chard recipe. I've never known what to do with it

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2006, 07:56:11 PM »

I'm having a frenzy...Oh Joy!

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »

DR Elmore, glad you're feeling better, being sick stinks

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2006, 07:58:35 PM »

Congrats Rev JRand

FJL

« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2006, 08:02:17 PM »

Just about curtain time for DECEIT.  Picturing the El Portal Thetaer in my head and sending vibes that way.

FJL

« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »

Just got back from the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA record-breaking performance.  This was truly a case of the old line about me being practically the only one in the audience that I never heard of. :)   For anyone who regrets not going, though, it was really a regular performance of the show, and everything that followed the show was being filmed by many cameras, so I'd bet it will be available for viewing at some point on DVD or something or other.  But it was exciting, and I had an aisle seat, so i was very very happy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 08:08:36 PM by FJL »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2006, 08:11:02 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm here, I'm here...  Greetings from Fairfax...

It was a good day in Richmond, but it was also a weird/bad news day... Details to come... Maybe... So...

Catching up on e-mails and such... will be back in a few...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2006, 08:11:26 PM »

To BK and Company - Merde!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2006, 08:12:08 PM »

From the SF Chronicle on LESTAT Review. It should be published on the 10th

"Review of a vampire: Anne Rice fans, relax. We're not ignoring "Lestat," the Elton John and Bernie Taupin musical take on Anne Rice's "The Vampire Chronicles." The reason there hasn't been a review of the show in these pages is because it hasn't opened yet -- even though it's been playing at the Curran Theatre since mid-December.

The apparent paradox has led some readers to call or e-mail asking why the show hasn't been reviewed. The answer is because it's in previews, that grace period during which producers get to try out a new production with live audiences, and make small or major changes before the critics pass judgment. What's confusing some readers is the unusually long three-week preview period and the fact that the Best of Broadway's ads haven't noted the difference between preview and regular performances, as would be standard practice in New York.

It's one of the unwritten laws of the theater-journalism interface: Critics stay away until the show officially opens (or starts charging full ticket prices, which is usually the same thing). Subscribers to most local companies know the drill because the preview period is the same for every show -- from a day to a week, depending on the company -- and previews cost significantly less (at some small companies, they're free).

Best of Broadway doesn't offer much of a preview discount ($5 off per seat for "Lestat"), and, because so many of its shows are national tours, rarely has more than one or two previews. But its increasing number of Broadway-bound world premieres -- "Wicked," "Lennon," "The Mambo Kings," "Lestat" -- need longer preview periods (similar to Broadway practice). "Lestat" opens Sunday. The review should run two days later, Jan. 10. The show begins previews on Broadway on March 11. "

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »

DR Jose, Hope everything is ok

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2006, 08:19:33 PM »

Watched LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT from last night with a very off kilter episode concerning sisters fighting not over a man for a change but over a baby that one sister had but only uses to extort money and the other who wants the child to raise but can't have it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2006, 08:24:40 PM »

Chard With Pasta, Walnuts and Brown Butter a la Betsy

1/3 cup of brown butter (see below for how to make brown butter)
1 bunch of chard (about 8 cups packed leaves)
1 T. olive oil
1/2 medium sized red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
salt and pepper to taste
2 garlic gloves finely chopped
1/2 lb. fresh fettucini
1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces

Make brown butter* (to follow) and keep it warm over very low heat.  Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil.  Trim the stems from the chard and slice across the leaves to make 2 inch wide ribbons.  Heat the oil in a large sautee pan, add the onion, 1/4 tsp. salt and a few pinches of pepper.  Sautee over medium heat for about 5 mins., until the onion softens and begins to release its juices.  Add garlic, chard and a 1/4 tsp. of salt.  Sautee for 4-5 mins. until the chard is just barely tender, then reduce the heat to low.  When the water boils, add the fettucini and some salt, timing it to finish cooking with the chard.  Drain the pasta, add it to the onions and the chard, along with the walnuts and brown butter.  Toss together and serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2006, 08:25:27 PM »

MattH, I find your comment about InJustice interesting, that it could become boring if none of the people aren't innocent.  It seems like the premise of most of the cop/prosecutor shows is that someone is always guilty and they always find the guy who did it. I'm not being judgmental, just curious if that gets boring too?  

I guess you could always see it as the show starts with a crime that wasn't really solved and they are investigating years later to see who really did it.

I see your point. I made my comment on the basis of the two shows of IN JUSTICE I've seen which were almost interchangeable with one another. Unless they can mix things up a little more, I just thought it might wear out its uniqueness quickly. But maybe not. Time will tell, I guess.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2006, 08:26:03 PM »

That's sort of like Perry Mason always defending an innocent client, and finding who was really guilty while said guilty party is on the stand.  It's called "formula."  Compare it with the sit-coms that always had a warm/fuzzy moment and a group hug towards the end - hey, we could combine the two ideas, and Perry could give the truly guilty guy a group hug!

That show is called Cold Case.  Fairly good, and very much in a formula, right to the use of period music and the ending where the guilty party is led away in front of the people he/she wronged, as both their former and present selves.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »

Brown Butter (how unseemly  ;D)

Melt 1 stick of unsalted butter in a small saucepan over low heat.  As the butter gently simmers, the butter fat and milk solids will separate from each other.  The solids will settle to the bottom of the pan, coloring the butter as it cooks.  When it turns an amber color (about 8 - 10 mins.), remove from the heat.  Line a fine mesh strainer with a paper towel and pour the butter through it, straining out the solids.  The butter can be used immediately, or cooled and refrigerated in a sealed container.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up