Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIALLY EXHAUSTED AND BRAIN DEAD  (Read 24355 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OFFICIALLY EXHAUSTED AND BRAIN DEAD
« on: May 03, 2006, 12:18:02 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you are now officially exhausted and brain dead from having read them, and now it is time for you to post until the officially exhausted and brain dead cows come home.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 12:11:33 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:OFFICIALLY EXHAUSTED AND BRAIN DEAD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 12:18:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: KLEPTOMANIAC!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 12:38:27 AM »

Is that a word you inadvertently picked up and put into your vocabulary and forgotten about when you walked out of the store?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 04:24:08 AM »

Hmm, a slow day at Chez Kimmel.

That's the title of my next novel "A Slow Day at Chez Kimmel"

Unfortunately, I don't have much to add to the mix.

I'm Post 3 at 7:18 in the morning.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm seeing the Irving Berlin exhibit on Thursday. On Saturday I'm seeing an exhibit called:

Bodies...The Exhibition

as they say on the Web site, it's a phenomenal look at the phenomenon we call the human body

Sounds like fun!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:24:27 AM by Ben »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 04:37:10 AM »

Good morning, good day!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 04:37:48 AM »

Hmmm....BD BK.

Well I have to work today, so my postings will be lite.

And tonight is TAR!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 04:38:38 AM »

That is an interesting Body Link, DR BEN.

My first question for ASK BK day....what is your favorite museum you have ever been to....and what was your favorite exhibit?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:58:07 AM »

Sorry, no braindead people welcome!  And good morning, all!  I'm ready to hit Toyland and conquer the town, and then I'm off to NYPL for some fun and games in the Burnside Music Collection.  RC (RH?) Burnside was the original director of THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER and other musicals, as well as director of the Hippodrome, and he left all his papers and manuscripts to the NYPL.

I have an afternoon bout with the laundry since I have tomorrow afternoon booked with Rob Fisher to go over the new chart for Debbie Gravitte and Ron Raines and I leave for Ohiuo on Friday morning.  Tomorrow night, the recording project ensemble is off to see Kern's OH, LADY! LADY! in a concert staging, and that should be fun since the book by Guy Bolton is so good that Wodehouse novelized it as "The Small Bachelor."

TOD:  So, Dear Friend BK, why two commentary tracks?  Why not one? Or three?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 05:17:45 AM »

The Hippodrome!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 05:17:56 AM »

Off to work as well.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 05:52:11 AM »

...I have an afternoon bout with the laundry since I have tomorrow afternoon booked with Rob Fisher to go over the new chart for Debbie Gravitte and Ron Raines and I leave for Ohiuo on Friday morning....
Why, uoh why uoh why uoh?
Why did I ever leave Ohiuo?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 05:55:35 AM »

What does a kleptomaniac call an elevator?

A lift!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 07:37:48 AM »

It is still too early in the morning for me to think of a question.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 07:40:02 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful, sunny day here and temps are getting to the mid-80s. May has begun spectacularly.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 07:40:47 AM »

Actually, I couldn't get on the site this morning the first time I tried. I kept getting a "server busy" error message.

MBarnum

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 07:40:52 AM »

However, I did talk to Laurie Mitchell last night and there IS going to be a reunion of the cast of ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE, evidently, in October in NJ....I do not know any more yet...Laurie couldn't recall the name of the event, only that someone named Kevin is running it and that she is invited.

It would be nice if it ran at the same time everyone was going to be in NY...then I could hang out with the puppet people, skip over the state line and hang out with the HHW people, and just have a grand time!

Maybe some HHWers would come and meet some Puppet People!!

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 07:42:55 AM »

I'm having lunch with a friend today who's dealing with some personal issues. Don't know how enjoyable a lunch it's going to be, but one does this for friends in trouble.

But better him than me! Life is SO much more pleasant when things are running smoothly. [Knocking on wood to keep good luck coming my way.]

MBarnum

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 07:43:55 AM »

I was unable to get in earlier, also.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 07:44:54 AM »

That new documentary on Bette Davis premieres tonight on TCM at 8 p.m. Won't be able to DVR it since there is SO much else on tonight, but I guess I'll check the guide to see if it's coming on again in the next day or two, and get it then. If not, I can videotape it in the bedroom. Won't look nearly as good, of course.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:36 AM »

One of the notable aspects of this year's IDOL competition is the lack of a true frontrunner in terms of talent. All of these final five have fine singing abilities, but none of them to my way of thinking have yet to have a singular moment of triumph on the show, a moment that is season-defining like Fantasia's "Summertime" or Clay's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" or "Solitaire."

I think this is one reason why the top vote getters have seemed to shift in a week's time. The top two last week - Katharine and Chris - have both been in the bottom group before, Katharine more than once. Just a very erratic season.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 07:55:31 AM »

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm seeing the Irving Berlin exhibit on Thursday. On Saturday I'm seeing an exhibit called:

Bodies...The Exhibition

as they say on the Web site, it's a phenomenal look at the phenomenon we call the human body

Sounds like fun!

Hmmm...  DR Ben, this is very interesting.  I was going to say that I saw this exhibition here in Philly last month, but when looking through the web site I realized that this is completely different from the one I saw, which was called BodyWorks (In fact, the site you linked to has a disclaimer that it is in no way affiliated with BodyWorks.)

Competing human body exhibitions!  I had no idea...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 07:58:02 AM »

The Hippodrome!

Aida hit an A and blew the place away.

DR Elmore, what do you know about the disco BABES IN TOYLAND that was planned during the late 70s?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »

Question for BK:

Speaking of DVD audio commentaries, what was the most interesting one you ever listened to?  Which one was the most informative or juicy or contained a "I don't believe he/she said that!" moment?

I have to admit that I rarely take the time to listen audio commentaries.  I did watch WHITE CHRISTMAS with Rosemary Clooney.  Not very illuminating, but Ms. Clooney was just fun to listen to.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 08:15:55 AM »

Speaking of commentaries:

Dan (The Man), don't forget that THAT GIRL! season one comes out on DVD May 16th!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 08:16:19 AM by MBarnum »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 08:15:58 AM »

That new documentary on Bette Davis premieres tonight on TCM at 8 p.m. Won't be able to DVR it since there is SO much else on tonight, but I guess I'll check the guide to see if it's coming on again in the next day or two, and get it then. If not, I can videotape it in the bedroom. Won't look nearly as good, of course.

DR Matt, it's being shown again at 11:30 PM tonight.  I just set my Tivo to record it through the Tivo website.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2006, 08:17:06 AM »

Re "American Idol"

For me, the performance of last night's competition was Taylor's "Something".  Far and away the best of the night, IMO.

Hated both of Chris' songs...back to his atonal droning and bleating, with typical "cut-off-the-band-with-the-right-arm" at the end of each song.  Ho-hum.  He's a Johnny One-Note...without the "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Paris.  I found her dreary.

Katherine.  Ugh.

Elliott!  Neither performance is a favorite...but "On Broadway" has never appealed and Elliot's version ranks with the rankest of the versions I've heard..

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 08:21:11 AM »

Dan, when I was in Philadelphia for a weekend in late March I almost went to see the Body Works exhibit, thinking it was the same thing also. We ran out of time so I didn't get to see it. The posters for both exhibits look very similar which is why we thought about going because it seemed as if the exhibits were the same.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2006, 08:21:17 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. I just walked 45 minutes to get a cup of coffee and 45 minutes home. I expended more calories than I took in. Isn't that exciting?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 08:26:51 AM »

Dan (The Man), don't forget that THAT GIRL! season one comes out on DVD May 16th!

Thanks for the reminder, DR MB.  I'm putting my order in today. (And it's not a bad price, considering what the old DVD was going for.)

And is anyone planning on ordering the TV Favorites Megapack: 100 Episodes?  I don't think there's anything outstanding in this set, but it is cheap enough.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »

Dan, when I was in Philadelphia for a weekend in late March I almost went to see the Body Works exhibit, thinking it was the same thing also. We ran out of time so I didn't get to see it. The posters for both exhibits look very similar which is why we thought about going because it seemed as if the exhibits were the same.

I admit that I had to be dragged to go see BodyWorks (I'm a bit squeemish about such things), but I wound up being fascinated by it.

There were some people here in town that viewed the exhibition as little more than a carnival freak show, but I didn't feel that way at all.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up