Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MOW  (Read 32156 times)

Jennifer

Re:MOW
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2006, 09:55:27 AM »

For those fans of BIG BROTHER the 20 all star choices will be on tonight at 8pm.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

Trivia Question:  Who was the composer of the ABC MOW theme?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »

Burt Bacharach - Nikki

FJL

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2006, 10:08:16 AM »

Not to get controversial  :)  but if substantial liberties were not taken with the real life facts, we wouldn't have works like GYPSY - so when is it OK and when is it not OK?  If the work turns out to be a great work, does that make the liberties acceptable?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »

Burt Bacharach - Nikki

Give the man a see-gar (or a Diet Coke.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2006, 10:12:55 AM »

Btw, re: big brother, apparently kaysar and janelle (our favorites from last season) might be among the 20 to choose from. That would be pretty cool.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2006, 10:15:14 AM »

Btw, re: big brother, apparently kaysar and janelle (our favorites from last season) might be among the 20 to choose from. That would be pretty cool.

A very good bet...they are the two most popular players in Big Brother history.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2006, 10:16:37 AM »

I would most enjoy seeing Kaysar!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2006, 10:17:44 AM »

I am shocked that nobody has mentioned that classic MOW SMASH-UP ON I-5!

Everyone I know that is my age remembers seeing that one! LOL!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2006, 10:18:06 AM »

I would want everyone from the first season of BIG BROTHER to come back, with the exception of the first two who were voted off.  It was the only time I enjoyed the show.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »

I am shocked that nobody has mentioned that classic MOW SMASH-UP ON I-5!

Everyone I know that is my age remembers seeing that one! LOL!

Along side THE DEATH OF OCEAN VIEW PARK.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2006, 10:27:41 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, time for me to buckle down for a few hours, and get some "homework" done in preparation for the next couple of days...  Back in couple of hours...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2006, 10:27:55 AM »

No clips from most of the TV movies listed here - that's what was so shameful about Workman's work on the clip reel.  We got Miss Jane Pittman but not My Sweet Charlie, We got no Levinson and Link, no Marcus-Nelson, but plenty of The Day After and very recent HBO and Lifetime movies, we got no The Glass House or Queen of the Stardust Ballroom.

I've always felt a bit let down after watching "The Day After."  The buildup is terrific...but after the bombs hit...well...the drama is done...and it's all very bleak and sad, naturally, but it seems a lot of filling-in was done to flesh out the time block  Jason Robards was phenomenal in it, though.

NBC, in that same year, produced "Special Bulletin" which I thought was one of the most stunning TV movies I'd ever seen -- totally interesting, done in the style of live TV (this is happening NOW) and very, very chilling.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2006, 10:28:27 AM »

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2006, 10:28:45 AM »

I would want everyone from the first season of BIG BROTHER to come back, with the exception of the first two who were voted off.  It was the only time I enjoyed the show.

And you know, season 1 is the only one not on DVD!!

I loved the first season...particularly Josh! Woohoo!

But then I have loved every season that followed, also!

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2006, 10:32:46 AM »

WHEN HE'S NOT A STRANGER (with John Terlesky), CONSENTING ADULT (with John Terlesky), SUMMER GIRL, and AN EARLY FROST are my 4 all time favorite movies of the week....I guess they made some pretty good ones in the 80s.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2006, 10:45:50 AM »

One of my favorite guilty pleasure TV movies is Incident in San Francisco, with Richard Kiley and David Opatashu - has a great score by Pat Williams.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »

Just booked Matt Asford and myself for the July Ray Courts show.  There's a whole Days of our Lives table (including Kevin Spirtas), and I'll be sitting near or next to Matt so we can sell our Deceit DVDs.  I'll also have Nudie DVDs, and Naked Space DVDs, and my books, especially Rewind which will be new to the Courts show.  And if anyone somehow could do good screen grabs from the Tabitha pilot or especially of my Partridge Family episodes, something I could get duplicated, photo-wise, that would be swell.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2006, 10:58:38 AM »

Just discovered the most lovely thing - a bird has built a little nest above a light fixture just outside my patio door, and it's out there nesting, I think - I hope the birth is lovely and successful.  I'm trying not to go out via those doors too much, because when I do, the bird gets nervous and flies away.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2006, 11:00:45 AM »

I would most enjoy seeing Kaysar!!!

We KNEW that!   ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2006, 11:01:19 AM »

Bruce I hope you have the pleasure of watching the birds take their first flight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2006, 11:02:22 AM »

And you know, season 1 is the only one not on DVD!!

I loved the first season...particularly Josh! Woohoo!

But then I have loved every season that followed, also!

What?  No Eddie?    :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2006, 11:04:52 AM »

I just received a grunch of DVDs from the last DeepDiscount DVD sale...and with the exception of "Spencer's Mountain" (which I got for about $6), they're all Disney titles..."Greyfriar's Bobby," "Johnny Tremain", "Third Man on the Mountain," "Follow Me, Boys", "Make Mine Music," "Fun and Fancy Free", "Melody Time" and "Brother Bear."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »

I have loads to do today, including going under the house with Keith to search for signs of ground squirrels.  Chip & Dale are multiplying so we purchased a live trap & have found a place to release them.  We will wait a few days longer for the babies to get a bit older.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »

Some that have stuck with me over the years:

Kristy McNichol in SUMMER OF MY GERMAN SOLDIER
DARK SECRET OF HARVEST HOME with Bette Davis
Rona Jaffe's MAZES AND MONSTERS with Tom Hanks
DEATH AT LOVE HOUSE with Kate Jackson
MURDER BY NATURAL CAUSES with Hal Holbrook
LIZZIE BORDEN with Lizzie Montgomery
THURSDAY'S GAME with Gene Wilder and Bob Newhart

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2006, 11:26:17 AM »

The House on Greenapple Road

Smash Up on Interstate 5....as mentioned by DRMBARNUM ....

A Case of Rape with Miss Elizabeth Montgomery as the victim who is torn apart on the stand and ends up crying..."I'm not the guilty one...."   The rapist is set free....and rapes her again with the month....

Planet Earth with Mr John Saxon

So many....and the one with Michael Parks when he and his girlfriend lived in an overcrowded world, but still wanted to have a child...and ending up living in a small square of ground surrounded by barbed wire....surrounded by thousands and thousands of people standing shoulder to shoulder....overpopulation...  That shot was scary!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2006, 11:26:54 AM »

Lizzie Borden with Miss Montgomery as well....in fact if she was in something, I always watched....she was/is a favorite of mine in anything.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2006, 11:28:37 AM »

Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2006, 11:49:42 AM »

Just booked Matt Asford and myself for the July Ray Courts show.  There's a whole Days of our Lives table (including Kevin Spirtas), and I'll be sitting near or next to Matt so we can sell our Deceit DVDs.  I'll also have Nudie DVDs, and Naked Space DVDs, and my books, especially Rewind which will be new to the Courts show.  And if anyone somehow could do good screen grabs from the Tabitha pilot or especially of my Partridge Family episodes, something I could get duplicated, photo-wise, that would be swell.

If you have a date I can post a note for the LA soapfans....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

I remember somemovie about a huge traffic jam in LA
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up