News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MOW  (Read 32149 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:MOW
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »

Ron I remember Special Bulletin
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2006, 11:50:33 AM »

page 5 dance....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »

Lakota Woman
GEronimo

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »

That must be GRIDLOCK, aka THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAFFIC JAM, with Vic Tayback.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2006, 11:53:05 AM »

Another one came to me: WHEN EVERY DAY WAS THE FOURTH OF JULY with Dean Jones and Geoffrey Lewis.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2006, 11:54:03 AM »

Light in the DArk

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »

That must be GRIDLOCK, aka THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAFFIC JAM, with Vic Tayback.

YES!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »

THe other side of the Mountain

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2006, 11:54:53 AM »

Outside my kitchen window this morning, on our property, was a mother deer nursing her fawn.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2006, 11:57:32 AM »

Trying to remember the name of it but it had Muriel Hemingway and she was teenage mother and she eventually gave up her baby...

There was a telly movie with Susan Dei called Mary Jane Cried Last Night?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »

Outside my kitchen window this morning, on our property, was a mother deer nursing her fawn.

sweet!!

Deer come into Fargo all the time... There was one just down the street over the weekend

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

Not to get controversial  :)  but if substantial liberties were not taken with the real life facts, we wouldn't have works like GYPSY - so when is it OK and when is it not OK?  If the work turns out to be a great work, does that make the liberties acceptable?

I guess I draw the line at a woman who had obvious difficulties to begin with and wasn't around to defend herself when the film came out (at least Gypsy was still alive when that came out--and she *loved* the musical, from everything I've read).  "Frances" goes beyond the pale by inventing a conspiracy that never existed and then compounds it with the hideous lobotomy assertion, and all because both the source material's author and the film's co-producers are/were $cientologists.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2006, 12:05:47 PM »

The Courts show is July 15 and 16.

JMK

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »

I thought that MOW about overpopulation had the Michael from Mod Squad (what was his last name?), not Michael Parks.  I remember it, too.  Didn't it take place in the NW?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2006, 12:28:53 PM »

I've always felt a bit let down after watching "The Day After."  The buildup is terrific...but after the bombs hit...well...the drama is done...and it's all very bleak and sad, naturally, but it seems a lot of filling-in was done to flesh out the time block  Jason Robards was phenomenal in it, though.

A lot of "The Day After" was filmed at the University of Kansas the year after I transfered to Iowa.   Friends told me that the cameras were directly over my old dorm room (which was on the top floor of one of the dorms on the hill there) I do remember it was fun watching those scenes and seeing my old view.  I had lots of friends who were extras in the scenes of injured people
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:29:17 PM by Cillaliz »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2006, 12:29:28 PM »

Whew, it's been a busy afternoon here at the testing center.  But now I have a bit of a break and can catch my breath.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2006, 12:30:23 PM »

I'm enjoying reading about all of the MOW's.  I loved Mother May I Sleep with Danger?

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2006, 12:31:28 PM »

Just discovered the most lovely thing - a bird has built a little nest above a light fixture just outside my patio door, and it's out there nesting, I think - I hope the birth is lovely and successful.  I'm trying not to go out via those doors too much, because when I do, the bird gets nervous and flies away.

My mother had a robin nest on her front porch once. She taped off the entrance and put up a sign that said "Maternity Ward"

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2006, 12:35:16 PM »

Happy Solstice to everyone. I'm invited to a party tonight to celebrate.  It's a group that isn't really into pagan things, just want a reason to celebrate. We are having a bon fire, though.  It's totally weather dependent and it's been raining off and on, so we'll see.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »

Well we had the meeting today. It's good.  I'm no longer the supervisor, but get to keep the big corner office (which is the only perk you get as supervisor).  So, now I get to come to work and just worry about my clients. YEAH!!!! I am very pleased with this development

FJL

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »

JMK - Re GYPSY:  Gypsy Rose Lee may not have had any problems with how her family was represented, but for a long while, June Havoc certainly had problems with the fictionalization of her own life story in that piece, and even tried to stop the use of her name in the piece and was reportedly essentially strong-armed into letting them use her name and such.  And Rose Hovick couldn't defend herself against any claims the show made about her motivations.   It's not only the title characters whose lives are being distorted.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:43:14 PM by FJL »

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2006, 12:42:39 PM »

Re: kaysar and janelle on big brother.

I was hoping that janelle would be on.  But truthfully i was not sure which former contestants would even want to do the show again.

There have been a lot of rumors about who the 20 possibles are. Apparently Mike "boogie" has a website. So he is definitely one. And they are saying Marcellas is probably one too.  I think Dr.Will would be cool.

I just don't know if i could stand watching some of them again (like jun and allison who are also possibles).

I wonder how many times we can vote. And is it internet only?  And will it be worth to vote for the most popular ones like kaysar?

I am curious if those who were friends will automatically align. I'm guessing that people like kaysar and janelle would for sure.

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »

Police report rash of thefts from cars
06/21/2006 10:56:45 AM

Sioux City police are warning auto owners to close and lock their vehicles after a rash of recent thefts.

In two days last week, 10 purses were stolen from vehicles in parking lots in the city, many while the owners were out walking.

Police remind residents not to leave purses, wallets or other valuables in their cars.

If a purse or wallet is stolen, contact your band and credit card companies as soon as possible.  (emphasis added)

Wow! If my purse gets stolen I think I have my band sing me the blues!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2006, 12:44:07 PM »

I was just reminded of my favorite MOW of all time- Dance 'til Dawn which came out in the late 80's and starred every sitcom star ever including: Alyssa Milano, Tracey Gold, Christina Applegate, Matthew Perry, Brian Bloom, Cliff DeYoung, Mary Frann, Alan Thicke, Kelsey Grammer, Edie McClurg, and many others.

It was a prom night comedy, and my sister and I taped it off of the tv and watched it constantly.

JMK

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »

JMK - Re GYPSY:  Gypsy Rose Lee may not have had any problems with how her family was represented, but for a long while, June Havoc certainly had problems with the fictionalization of her own life story in that piece, and even tried to stop the use of her name in the piece and was reportedly essentially strong-armed into letting them use her name and such.  And Rose Hovick couldn't defend herself against any claims the show made about her motivations.   It's not only the title characters whose lives are being distorted.  

I understand completely and actually agree with you, but, based upon your own criterion (a great work of art), "Gypsy" can be forgiven a multitude of fictionalizing sins, whereas "Frances" (a sloppy Grand Guignol mishmosh at best) can't.  I think the fact that "Gypsy" was a musical and by that very fact taken as more of an "entertainment" (if you catch my drift) than the supposedly "factual" "Frances" also plays into my disparate reactions to these two purported biographies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »

I thought that MOW about overpopulation had the Michael from Mod Squad (what was his last name?), not Michael Parks.  I remember it, too.  Didn't it take place in the NW?

yes, you're right...it was THAT Michael....  ;D

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2006, 12:51:50 PM »

that is going to be ONE busy hopping table at the Courts show.

Of course THE GLASS HOUSE starred Alan Alda and DR CP's former neighbor, Kristofer Tabori.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »

The Last Child with Michael Cole and Janet Margolin and Van Heflin....did someone else already mention this?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »

Police report rash of thefts from cars
06/21/2006 10:56:45 AM

Sioux City police are warning auto owners to close and lock their vehicles after a rash of recent thefts.

In two days last week, 10 purses were stolen from vehicles in parking lots in the city, many while the owners were out walking.

Police remind residents not to leave purses, wallets or other valuables in their cars.

If a purse or wallet is stolen, contact your band and credit card companies as soon as possible.  (emphasis added)

Wow! If my purse gets stolen I think I have my band sing me the blues!

Maybe it was Sioux City cross dresser trying to match a pair of shoes from the Goodwill store.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2006, 12:57:10 PM »

Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?

Ahh, yes....the Tori Spelling classic!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up