Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPOILING THE BROTH  (Read 20562 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:SPOILING THE BROTH
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2005, 05:22:34 PM »

Good morning, all!  This morning we ship the performance materials off to Chicago and I go back to Toyland via the NYPL Theatre Collection.  On Nov 7, Tom Murray is back in town and our final edit of BABES IN TOYLAND continues.

DRJose, while you are in DC, would you please be so kind to check for National Theatre programs from Sept 1903 for me?

Tomorrow night, a small group of us will assemble around 6:30 on 42nd Street for a performance of Stephen Schwartz' CAPTAIN LOUIE.  I look forward to seeing everyone for the first time in three weeks.

My mother made fantastic potato soup.  I make good vegetable beef soup and an okay chicken soup.

DRJed, three summers with THE SOUND OF MUSIC?  Were you in the show?  What role?  Speculations are endless.

Jed started out as Brigitta, but soon advanced to the more challenging role of Liesl.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2005, 05:25:44 PM »

DR JOSE last night at GODSPELL I saw a young man who could be a Mini You.  

He did most everything.....BUT he was exceptionally funny when he played the Prodigal Son....and later did a rap number during another parable.

If they ever post any pics from the show, I will show you your twin....albeit younger, shorter, and with an Afro hair style.  But I recognized you!

Well, I'm still on the lookout for my twin who also happens to be a piano player too.  I've heard he's been spotted in northern Florida and Kansas City.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2005, 05:29:07 PM »

Jed started out as Brigitta, but soon advanced to the more challenging role of Liesl.

...Which reminds me of one of my favorite "responses"...

I attended a community theatre production of Baby a couple of years ago - well, is 15 still a couple?  In any case...  It was actually a pretty good cast.  Well, with the exception of the woman playing Pam.  There was a listing in her bio for the "bus and truck tour of South Pacific.

My friend asked:  "What did she do?  Drive the bus?"

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2005, 05:46:14 PM »

And looked darn cute in my dress made from the curtains, too!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2005, 05:48:56 PM »

I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiired.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2005, 05:59:15 PM »

Oh!  Oh!  I was looking down at the street and saw a man who could be MY twin.

He's 30 years younger, and a coupla inches taller, and is much thinnner, and has more hair....but he could BE me.

Or your long lost son?? ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:59:27 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2005, 06:00:54 PM »

Pogue, the Mystery and Imagination signing/reading is 11/19.  Really looking forward to doing this one, for many reasons.

HEYLIG - when I used to play poker regularly and I'd win a big pot, my expression (I always have an expression for everything) was always, "Hey, life is good!"  Hence, HEYLIG.

Oh, thank God!.  I was going to guess "Hey Look I'm Gay!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 06:05:08 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2005, 06:12:09 PM »

HI all!  I'm feeling much better, but after 38 hours of sleep in 3 days I certainly should be.  Since all I was doing was sleeping I decided to really quit smoking.  It was very easy until I started feeling better.  Tonight I'm chomping gum so feverishly that I'm sure my jaws will ache tomorrow, but I'm a lot more determined this time than last time. We'll see.

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »

I love all soups, well almost all soups.  I made a wonderful beef vegetable soup yesterday....think I'll go make a bowl of it!

Ben

« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2005, 06:15:19 PM »

Well, I sat through part of Joey (ugh, what a waste of television time) and Will and Grace (just as painful IMHO) and still didn't see that silly commercial. I have to sit in an office all day. Maybe it will be on tomorrow during Millionaire. That's on at 12:30 in New York.

I am tired and will retire very soon so that I can arise tomorrow morning and go to work because I am unable to retire for good just yet.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 06:15:44 PM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2005, 06:28:12 PM »

I'm resssssssstless.  I think I'll go take a drive and listen to the new CD of A Family Affair.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2005, 06:50:58 PM »

Last night, I made 10 lbs of potato salad.  Tonight, I'm prepping 10 lbs. more.

We're having a pre-Halloween BBQ at work tomorrow...and they seem to like my potato salad...it's the only item NOT being bought for the meal.   By them, of course.

For my trouble, and ingredients, I get a "free" hamburger and soda!

Oh!  Joy!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2005, 06:52:10 PM »

Oh, thank God!.  I was going to guess "Hey Look I'm Gay!

Ooh!  You funny fella!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2005, 06:58:40 PM »

OOhhh....  Very interesting twist/finale to "The Apprentice" tonight.

Oohhh..
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2005, 07:03:19 PM »

Oohhh..

Sure was!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2005, 07:15:25 PM »

Cillaliz GOOD NO SMOKING VIBES!!!  

Hang in there.  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »

Ron how fun you saw your twin.  From the time I was twelve, through my early twenties I was told my twin was someplace in LA.  I never saw her.

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2005, 07:17:56 PM »

TALK ABOUT TONIGHT'S APPRENTICE.

Oohhh..

Well it might have been more interesting if they weren't advertising the twist on the commercials!

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2005, 07:28:52 PM »

Does that have to be fresh-squeezed orange juice?
Is there another kind?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »

Thank you one and all and also all and one for all the vibes.  They were much appreciated.  Sadly, things at work actually turned out worse than I'd feared...and I have a suspiscion that it's not over yet.  I'm not yet in danger of losing my job or anything...I just really need to watch my back, because they'll be watching my every move.  I'm still learning how to be a "boss" instead of just a worker...and this week I let a few things fall under my radar that were taboo.  And everything gets more critical when you're dealing with infants...I could kick myself for making these mistakes.  But I'm trying hard not to beat myself, and learn from them instead.  But right now it's hard...lucky for me I've got a guy who lets me cry on his shoulder and makes me chocolate pudding :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2005, 07:40:43 PM »

TALK ABOUT TONIGHT'S APPRENTICE.Well it might have been more interesting if they weren't advertising the twist on the commercials!

Well... Isn't each and every "Boardroom" more "shocking" and "unexpected" then the previous one?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2005, 07:41:35 PM »

Thank you one and all and also all and one for all the vibes.  They were much appreciated.  Sadly, things at work actually turned out worse than I'd feared...and I have a suspiscion that it's not over yet.  I'm not yet in danger of losing my job or anything...I just really need to watch my back, because they'll be watching my every move.  I'm still learning how to be a "boss" instead of just a worker...and this week I let a few things fall under my radar that were taboo.  And everything gets more critical when you're dealing with infants...I could kick myself for making these mistakes.  But I'm trying hard not to beat myself, and learn from them instead.  But right now it's hard...lucky for me I've got a guy who lets me cry on his shoulder and makes me chocolate pudding :)

But does he share his Oatmeal Scotchies with you?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2005, 07:43:10 PM »

Well, since I'm trying to be nice to my knee, I'm gonna go ahead get ready for bed now.  And do a little stretching too.  *It does feel a lot better right now, but I know that rest and sleep will do a lot more good.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2005, 07:46:29 PM »

I am keeping good thoughts for you, Ann, that all will be well.  And don't beat yourself, that is why you have Jed around.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2005, 07:50:15 PM »

Some of us have heard about the "Apprentice" twist, but haven't watched it yet.  I still have an hour and ten minutes.  But I'm looking forward to it!

Does anyone (else) watch Martha's "Apprentice?"  I do and I like it.  I don't enjoy it as much as Donald's (I've watched his since the very beginning).  They are pretty much the only "reality" shows that I watch...that I can think of right now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2005, 08:08:46 PM »

I had a bowl of Progresso Grilled Steak soup tonight. Very delish.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2005, 08:16:36 PM »

DALING LILI looks and sounds absolutely superb on the recently released DVD. Color rendition is gorgeous, and even though I don't think the tailored suits of the period look that great on Julie, the show dresses and other leisure frocks are beautiful on her.

I'm only about an hour in, so still have a ways to go, and haven't looked at any of those deleted scenes, but so far the movie plays like a dream, and I'm enjoying it. I haven't seen it in decades.

If I had a quibble with what I've seen thus far, it's just a note of sadness that Blake Edwards didn't trust his material and inserted some of his Inspector Clouseau-style stuff (runaway wheelchair, sliding down a roof) into the film. I can't say that I didn't laugh, but I think the story is interesting enough that it shouldn't have required these antics to hold an audience.

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »

Ann, don't beat yourself up, it's not easy to adjust to being the boss, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Just take your own advice  and learn from whatever happened and turn it around. You can do it!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2005, 08:18:23 PM »

ALIAS, well, what can I say. The various storylines are all over the map and not very interesting, but I guess I'll watch the show to the bitter end. There won't be that many more episodes to see anyway.

I'm sure the show will not last past this season.

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2005, 08:20:16 PM »

On a totally different note.  My friend Paul and I are going to a Halloween Party Saturday night complete with costume contest etc. Keeping in mind that Paul is an excellent, yet still starving artist, does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive but fun costume for 2 people?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up