Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES  (Read 26254 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »

Back from the casting session, which took a surprising turn at the end.  First off, in addition to Mr. Kevin Spirtas, I'm bringing back Lauren Rubin to play his wife - she played it in the reading and was faboo - she's from NY and has done a few shows there.  But, I'm also going to bring in someone to do the role of the female alien - a terrific part with a really good number.  I'm making a wish list now and it's get some pretty wonderful people on it.

Good luck with casthing bk!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2006, 04:36:29 PM »

I see we have hopped right to page 6!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2006, 04:38:29 PM »

There are 100's of "Answer Songs".  They were very popular in the fifties and sixties - particularly in country Music.

As DR Rodzinski welll knows - I am a collector of them.

the lines ar eoften blurred betwixt answer songs, paradies and sequels.

Probably the most successful of the answer songs would be"

Damita Jo's "I'll Save The Last Dance For You" and "I'll Be There" (Save the Last Dance For Me/Stand By Me).
The answer to The Jim Reeves song "He'll Have to Go" was "He'll Have To Stay" (Jeannie Black). The Parody by Homer and Jethro was also quite successful.

DR JRand is no doubt aware of Connie's "Should I Tie a Yellow Ribbon" and of the Carole King song "Short Mort" (Tall Paul).  Carole also answered Sedaka's "Oh Carol" with "Oh Neil".

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2006, 04:46:20 PM »

TOnight are new episodes of BONES and JUSTICE. PBS is also reshowing that marvelous American Masters' special on Leonard Bernstein's life and times.
Does the special cover ALL aspects of LB's life?  Or would that be too honest?

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2006, 04:51:27 PM »

Good evening. I always thought Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Post of Life was a pretty bizarre song title

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

I've just cleaned off my desk -- which was an all-day job. Now I'm hungry. And so is the hound.

Received a post card from DR Francois with a beautiful photo of his hometown, Angouleme.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 04:54:14 PM by Maria »

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2006, 04:54:24 PM »

Well, I'm bat proofed, but I'm still a little wary.
He didn't put in a one way bat door. So that means if in fact there were bats in the walls during the day, they will most likely show up in my living space because all of their exits have been sealed and through the basement, they could get up here.

Fred was confident there weren't any bats in here, but I'll be listening to the wall in my bedroom and will be wary for awhile this evening. He did give a guarantee and I have his cell phone, so if there is a bat, I'll be calling him!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 04:54:56 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2006, 04:56:55 PM »

Also got the insulation man over tonight for an estimate. The energy company priced it way high so it will be half of what they estimated and the energy co. pays 70%..Cool beans...finally a real bargain.  That will be the last big project before winter. Well, the last one that I need to hire people. The rest will be inside stuff I'll do myself

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2006, 04:58:46 PM »

Oh George - best of luck with the inspection and everything....but a house is a money pit....of course you have something to show for it and a place to live that is your very own.  To me it's definitely worth it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2006, 05:00:13 PM »

good for you Cilla... Good luck on all your projects!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »

A bit like our first experience in Michigan.

I hope you have also seen MR. BLANDINGS BUILDS HIS DREAM HOUSE, the original and classier film.

I haven't seen this...should I really?? :-\

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »

Barry Mann's "The Young Electric Psychedelic Hippie Flippy Folk And Funky Philosophic Turned On Groovy 12 String Band" is part of my collection.

I also rather like Roger Miller's "My Uncle Used To Love Me But She died" as a title.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

Dakota, I owe you an apology.  I thought I had responded to your original question & just realized I hadn’t.

Interesting, our pets never seemed to suffer from separation anxiety when another pet had to spend time at the vet.  We did however have some major grieving after the loss of another furry family member.   The level of grieving, or lack of grieving, depended on how attached they were to each other.

I agree with the suggestions, extra attention, plenty of exercise including long walks, new toys, love and time.  Not just walking in the usual locations, try going to fun new places for a distraction.  I would be very hesitant to use medications, only as a last resort.

George

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2006, 05:15:59 PM »

Oh George - best of luck with the inspection and everything....but a house is a money pit....of course you have something to show for it and a place to live that is your very own.  To me it's definitely worth it.

Thanks...well, the inspection is over and I'll get the hard copy sometime tomorrow.  

Actually, it's not horrible, but there might be a couple of "talking points."  There are some little issues outside, but I'll have to deal with the condo board on those.  The worst of it inside is in the middle floor bathroom.  There was moisture under the vinyl around the toilet (but there was none around the bathtub).  He couldn't tell if the wood is soft or rotted.  The vinyl would have to be removed to find out.  It's not something that I should have to pay for at all, so my realtor will present the final report to the seller to see if she will either get it fixed or come down on the overall price.  Personally, I think it'd be easier (for me) if she fixed it.  The inspector (a very nice, older man...don't go there ;) well, MBarnum might!) said that he'd check for moisture again for free if it gets fixed, assuming that I buy the place.  My boss, who has purchased houses in several states, said that it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.  That's encouraging. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2006, 05:19:53 PM »

THE GRAND TOUR.  I'll be Here Tomorrow

Wednesday 9/20 - Monday 9/25  NEW YORK - Milford Plaza.

Tuesday 9/26 - Saturday 9/20 TORONTO - Hotel Victoria

Friday 10/6 - Tuesday 10/10 Seattle - Days Inn Downtown

Tuesday 10/10 - Thurs 10/12 Portland - Mark Spencer Hotel

Friday 10/13 -  Tues 10/17 San Francisco - Stratford Hotel

Tues 10/17 - Friday10/20  Los Angeles - Days Inn Downtown

Cell phone number on request. (Text messages advised as all calls rerouted through Australia!)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 05:20:47 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2006, 05:20:22 PM »

Back from hearing Terry Trotter's take on Take Me To The World - excellent.

Must now continue addressing packages - CDs will be here on Friday.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2006, 05:27:14 PM »

JRand I wish you would post photos of the beautiful Miss Blue Moon more often.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »

Home again!

Home again!

Jiggidy Jig!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2006, 05:39:20 PM »

I haven't seen this...should I really?? :-\

;)

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!  Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 05:41:37 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2006, 05:49:34 PM »

George-The seller should fix the problem and the home inspector should return to check it has been done correctly.  They don’t always, and if they do it doesn’t mean it was fixed correctly.  

How old is the toilet?  It is very possible the toilet is leaking under the floor.  If needed, now would be the best time to replace it.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2006, 05:51:12 PM »

Cillaliz-Sleep well & bat free tonight.

George

« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!  Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.

Thanks!  I've added it to my Netflix queue...and moved it to the top. :)

George

« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2006, 06:02:49 PM »

George-The seller should fix the problem and the home inspector should return to check it has been done correctly.  They don’t always, and if they do it doesn’t mean it was fixed correctly.  

How old is the toilet?  It is very possible the toilet is leaking under the floor.  If needed, now would be the best time to replace it.

The building was built in 1987, so it's almost 20 years old...and the toilets might be, also.  The outside certainly looks that old.  The inspector did say that he'd come back and check for moisture after it's fixed.  I have to wait to see if the seller will actually get it fixed or lower the asking price, or make some other offer.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 06:03:50 PM by George »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

Time to get dinner on the table.

Pork loin chops.  Stuffing with mushroom dressing.  Carrots.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2006, 06:06:22 PM »

Just got back from delivering my aunt to the local sleep analysis center, where she has to spend the night hooked up to 18 wires.  I have to retrieve her at 6:45am tomorrow, take her home, and proceed to Columbus, OH, where I have a meeting that starts at 10:30.

DR George - Sounds like the inspection went as well as could be expected.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »

DR Tomovoz - Your trip sounds wonderful.  Sorry it won't bring you within driving distance of SW Ohio - maybe next time.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2006, 06:19:16 PM »

Thanks DR Ginny. Also stops at Niagara Falls and Vancouver.
So far NYC has "Drowsey Chaperone" on the Thursday night and dinner with FJL on the Friday. We are hoping to see the view from the "Rock" on the Thursday and go The Cloisters on the Friday.

Our host in Toronto is ex poster here - Dan.

We are looking forward to that train journey across Canada.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2006, 06:20:19 PM »

Don't know the title, but here are the lyrics to a silly song that my father used to sing:

"While the organ peeled potatoes,
Lard was rendered by the choir;
When the sexton rung the dishrag,
Someone set the church on fire.
"Holy Smokes!" the preacher shouted,
As he madly tore his hair,
Now his head resembles heaven,
For there is no parting there."

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2006, 06:20:55 PM »

Speaking of ex-posters, I had a nice note from sometime poster/lurker Mr Kaplan yesterday. His birthday was acknowledged by BK the other day.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2006, 06:24:46 PM »

The building was built in 1987, so it's almost 20 years old...and the toilets might be, also.  The outside certainly looks that old.  The inspector did say that he'd come back and check for moisture after it's fixed.  I have to wait to see if the seller will actually get it fixed or lower the asking price, or make some other offer.

Sorry, I'm not letting go of this.  I'm just speaking from experience.  Please make sure someone, preferably a plumber (speak to the house inspector), makes sure it is not the toilet causing the problem.  Do ask how old the toilets are.  Even if the leak isn't from the toilet you might, considering the condition of said toilet, might want to replace it.  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up