Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CATCHING THE WORM  (Read 28553 times)

Ginny

Re:CATCHING THE WORM
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2006, 06:44:45 PM »

Ginny-Very nice.

Thank you, Jane.  Are you doing genealogy research?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2006, 06:45:24 PM »

Finally, Page 6!  I can't dance in my robe & slippers.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2006, 06:51:27 PM »

Jane what was the name of the restaurant in Amsterdam you mention here a few weeks ago?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »

QUESTION BK

Was the other choreographer Alan Johnson who also worked with Mel Brooks a lot?
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2006, 06:54:03 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS,

GINNY!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »

Hi All,
It's still icky in my part of L.A. Yuck!

I'm not fond of peanut butter but I DO like peanuts out of the shell! Odd, huh?

Matt - What made Jane Powell cry? Have you read her autobiography? It's quite a read.

Re: Beatrice Straight - I remember Beatrice Straight's performance in "Network" very well. It may be the shortest performance on camera but it was jam packed with great acting. Have you ever been told something and spontaneously break out in tears that you can't control? That's what she did in the film after Bill Holden tells her he's seeing another woman. It was heartbreaking. And then when she says she is going to fight for him, that just about did it for me. Wow. I think her Oscar was very well deserved. And speaking of the Oscars, she looked beautiful with her flowing, red hair in (I believe) a lilac gown.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2006, 07:00:20 PM »

DR Cillaliz - do you have a photo of the chocolate pie?  My crusts turned out real poufy, so I'm guessing that, after adding the ice cream, the pie will be real tall?

No, actually it's more like pie crust. Maybe after it cools and the softened ice cream is added it sinks. I've never made it, just eaten it ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »

Thank you, Jane.  Are you doing genealogy research?

Keith does that.  

Currently we are researching dog food, since most are just junk, and which vaccinations we want & don’t want & by which manufacturers.  Basically we are reading about the needs of Bernese Mountain Dogs in general.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2006, 07:03:49 PM »

Congrats Ginny.  

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2006, 07:05:03 PM »

No, actually it's more like pie crust. Maybe after it cools and the softened ice cream is added it sinks. I've never made it, just eaten it ;D

Oh, dear, I'm not seeing anything like pie crust, more like cake or brownies (Rob said it smelled pretty good from up in his room).  We'll taste-test one pie here at home tomorrow evening and that still leaves me time to stop at the bakery on my way to work Friday, if need be  :-\
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:05:54 PM by Ginny »

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

Thanks, DRs TCB and Cillaliz.  This was really no biggie, just a formality.  And, since my 9th anniversary at the library is in about a month, I'll have to have my annual evaluation then.  How badly can I screw up in the next month?

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2006, 07:09:09 PM »

Ginny - just made a food emergency call to my mom. She said "Don't worry, it will fall"

Jane

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »

Michael S-It wasn’t a restaurant.  We only had a couple of hours in Amsterdam so we just walked through the big outdoor shopping area.  It had a big sign that said to watch out for pickpockets.  Somewhere near the end (we entered from the train station side) there was an indoor area with all sorts of goodies.  To the left (if memory serves me correctly) the aroma of fresh waffles called us.  We purchased them to go and later regretted getting only one each.  We ate them plain, no need for any toppings.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »

My boss was here today to talk about my secretary problem. I've been doing all my own work since I came back.  It's going to get a little better but not much. The interesting part is he's going to get me a digital recorder and Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 (the new one) so I can do my own dictation and have the computer type it up.

He did irritate me when he said I'm not being friendly enough with people in the office....hello, I'm doing the work of at least 2 people, I don't have lots of time to chat

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

Well, I have to go shopping for foodstuffs.  I haven't decided if I'll make the chocolate or the peanut butter pie.  I think I'd like the chocolate pie better, but in a pot-luck setting, the ice cream aspect may not be the best choice.  And I could just make something complete different, also.  I'll decide when I get to the store.  Until later! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2006, 07:19:07 PM »

With large breed dogs it is important to find a food the slows the growth of the dog & prevents orthopedic problems.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:22:30 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2006, 07:20:29 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2006, 07:29:32 PM »

LOL! I'm watching America's Got Talent.  One of the girls just said "Last time Brandy said we looked like we were trying to look 30 and we were just crushed"   Ok they're young, but that one really cracked me up

Ginny

« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2006, 07:39:31 PM »

Part of the $$$ I asked for was to pay for 30 copies of Jewish Thighs to give to participants of the workshop!

Cool idea, DR PennyO.  People love walking away with something like that!

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2006, 07:41:05 PM »

Ginny - just made a food emergency call to my mom. She said "Don't worry, it will fall"

Cillaliz - thanks.  The crusts have been filled with vanilla ice cream and are now in the freezer.  I'm going to bed and try to dream of fallen pies.

'night!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »

Congrats to our Ginny!!!

Can't wait to see the new puppy, Jane and Keith. When do you think it will be ready for adoption? Glad it's another Mountain Dawg - saves having to change all those signs...

Hey, George - no, I didn't go to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels last night - too tired after packing with my nephew, then sitting in traffic to the airport to send him off. I just turned around and sat in traffic back to the mountain.

Dinner tonight was a fabulous soup - I had some buffalo steak, which I cut into stew size, with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow squash, some bay leaves, oregano, pepper, and curry powder! Yummmmm! Now, maybe for some frozen blueberries blended up with some nonfat plain yogurt, for my version of ice cream...
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2006, 07:52:13 PM »

Good night, Cil!
PennyO

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2006, 07:59:30 PM »

Dinner tonight was a fabulous soup - I had some buffalo steak, which I cut into stew size, with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow squash, some bay leaves, oregano, pepper, and curry powder! Yummmmm! Now, maybe for some frozen blueberries blended up with some nonfat plain yogurt, for my version of ice cream...

Whew!  I was beginning to think that you had spent too much time at the cabin.  I thought you were going to add the blueberries to your wonderful soup!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2006, 08:00:24 PM »

Night Penny, but I'm on and off and all over the net tonight playing. Have I ever told you how nice it is to see your smiling face whenever you post?  It always makes me smile

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2006, 08:16:53 PM »

Wasn't Emma Thompson's screen time in "In the Name of the Father" very short, also?  I remember hearing something about only five minutes or so and still getting a supporting actress nomination, but I don't recall the details.  Anyone else know anything about it?

I don't think this is correct. She's the defense attorney in the film and has quite a bit of screen time in court as I recall.

Judi Dench's Oscar-winning role as Elizabeth I in SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE is about 8 minutes in length.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2006, 08:20:17 PM »

A nice evening of movie watching. I started with SMALL TOWN GIRL. It looked about a hundred times better (sharper, more focused, better Technicolor) than the videotape, so I burned a DVD-R as I watched from the DVR.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »

Then came V FOR VENDETTA. This is a movie adapted from a graphic novel and filled with ideas "borrowed" from the past and slyly commenting on our present and possible future. Natalie Portman gives a sensational performance (and Hugo Weaving does some great things with body language and his voice since his face is masked throughout), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got drawn in totally and quite enjoyed piecing together the revenge scenario as the plot is quite splintered.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »

I think I forgot to mention that this afternoon I also watched last night's BOSTON LEGAL. Good episode with some real caring work from James Spader; he's not just a jerk with a smirk always but has tenderness and compassion aplenty.

MBarnum

« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2006, 08:41:36 PM »

DR Jane,  I will be curious to know what dog food you decide upon. I hope I am feeding Bosco the type that is appropriate for him...and healthy, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2006, 08:44:08 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up