Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: CLUTTER  (Read 30700 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:CLUTTER
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2007, 12:17:02 PM »

After seeing the wonderful production of FLOYD COLLINS at Playwrights Horizons (if I remember correctly), I found this book on the story.  It's quite good.

DR MBarnum, there's a new horror film BEEF coming out about a young man killing body builders! Is this the film on which you were acting as an adviser?

http://www.vinkomorf.com/archivesEN/2006/july_06/beef.shtml
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:17:25 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »

Where's our DR Tomovoz this morning?  I want to know if this production of COMPANY that's has riled Mr Sondheim is the one with David Campbell?

So, Elmore...what is it about this production of COMPANY that has riled Mr. Sondheim??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »

Oh btw, for BOSTON LEGAL fans:

I think at the end of the season it was reported that a number of people were leaving the show.

Apparently some were signed at the last minute. So now only julie bowen and constance zimmerman are leaving. Rene A and Mark valley are staying.

But Julie and Mark's characters just had a baby and got married!  What are they gonna do with that??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »

I got a very good shopping buy today.

One of my passions is purses.  I was at Winners (not sure if it is a Canadian store, but they basically sell clothes by other labels) (although they also sell books, toys, jewellery, purses...).  Anyhow i glanced at the liquidation purses and happened to notice a purse i had liked for $36 (regular $115).

Anyhow after studying it i noticed a couple of bead had fallen off ot if (not very noticeable). But since i pointed it out to the salesgirl she gave it to me for $30.  I put the little coin purse over the spot and now it's not even noticeable at all!

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »

Oh btw, for those who like chocoate, they were giving samples today of a new caramilk.  It was mini individual caramilks. But it was the new kind with brownies and caramel. Very yummy! I highly recommend it.

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

re: boston legal

But Julie and Mark's characters just had a baby and got married!  What are they gonna do with that??

It was in the canadian tv times and it didn't say. But i'd imagine that they will just not show julie bowen and say that she is staying home with the baby.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2007, 12:40:09 PM »

She could be a stay at home wife.

Who then suffers from post-partum depression, is sent to an institution and never heard from again.

(Special guest star Tom Cruise as her doctor.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2007, 12:44:54 PM »

This has happened to my sister...and it's happened more times than you would think.  My sister does not eat a lot and really wants to take home all her left-over food.  She has gotten to the point that she has to specifically tell the waitperson(s) to wrap up everything to go and if they "accidentally" throw something away or "assume" that she didn't want the side items, she makes them get her some more.  Good for her, I say!

I've eaten there before and never had a problem.

I just don't get why the waiter would not ask if he was not sure.

Anyhow i did get fresh fries and coleslaw.

He said it was no big deal.  But i agree. I think it is better to just make sure to say "wrap everything including the fries"!

I also found it weird that they did not bring everyone's food out together.  A restaurant of this calibre should not bring out rib steaks 10 minutes before the rest of the table got any food!  I personally did not care since i was not very hungry. but i know sometimes people feel bad starting before everyone has their food.

Jennifer

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »

I got a cute call from 1 1/2 yr old niece this morning (she is out of town visiting Nigara Falls today).

Anyhow (and she is a bit hard to understand sometimes), she says, "hi auntie ... grover".  Well at least it sounded like grover to me. It could have been flower. :)  I asked my sister why she was saying grover to me (was she wearing grover diapers?). My sister thought she was.

So i guess she decided to announce that to me.

Maybe it was because whenever i change her diaper, we always guess who will be on the diaper (i always say zoe or ernie and she always says elmo or big bird)!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2007, 12:57:47 PM »

Time for me to head to work.  A late shift, on the self-serve lanes.

Hamburger stroganoff for dinner when I get home.  (When you're gonna be late, make dinner simple.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2007, 12:58:26 PM »

Sixty-two posts to go...

:o
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:58:52 PM by S. Woody White »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »

I'm off to see a vampire play, BLOODY LIES.  After being out all morning, I'd rather relax and stay in, but duty calls.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2007, 02:18:03 PM »

We decided not to go to Border's last night.  Instead I got up and went to Fred Meyer right at 7, where they had approximately 500 books being looked at by approximately 2 people (including me).  A much better choice.

I believe I may have answered the Trivia question, but time will tell (a Lani Hall reference that probably only Tomovoz will get).  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »

DR Edi,

WILD HOGS was actually very successful at the box-office, the biggest hit John Travolta has enjoyed in at least a decade since GET SHORTY.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »

I watched another MOONLIGHTING episode. This one had Maddie selling the agency to another big investigations group and David going out on his own to help a businessman find a stolen Rolodex. Mark-Linn Baker played the businessman.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »

I rewatched PSYCH this afternoon. At one point last night, I nodded off and missed some of the action, so I got the DVR to get the early morning rebroadcast, and watched it today. I loved Shawn pulling one over on his father who has gotten away with giving him a hard time for so long.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »

When I go back down, I'm not sure if I'll have time for DANGEROUS WHEN WET before LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE starts at 8 or not. I can always start DANGEROUS, and then finish it when LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE goes off. That's what I may indeed do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »

JRand - Interesting, there was a Law and Order episode that bore a striking similarity to Strangers on a Train, and they seemed to get around any copying issues by specifically referring to the characters having gotten the idea for their plot from Strangers on a Train.  Did the mention of Floyd Collins in Ace in the Hole seem designed  to try to get around any unfair copying charges, i wonder (perhaps rhetorically :) ) ?

That is my guess...or it was part of the settlement.

DR JENNIFER....all I know is he brought me the phone results on Thursday morning and they did not tally with the results we saw on air.

I think there is a"go to hell" disclaimer in the credits that says the votes can be manipulated or skewed in various ways.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »

The reviews for Mr Campbell and Company I've read were reasonably good - if anything disappointed that no risks had been taken - straightforward production.  Mr Sondheim did give "an Evening With: which was televised (I don''t have Pay TV). I doubt Mr Sondheim would have said anything about the show when he had been invited to come out for it - and had just seen it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »

Going to head down now to read a bit, do some household chores, and then settle in with more TV.

WBBL.

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2007, 02:57:33 PM »

We decided not to go to Border's last night.  Instead I got up and went to Fred Meyer right at 7, where they had approximately 500 books being looked at by approximately 2 people (including me).  A much better choice.

I believe I may have answered the Trivia question, but time will tell (a Lani Hall reference that probably only Tomovoz will get).  ;)
Well I'll never say never again anyway. I just have so little information on Broadway plays.  I'll leave the trivia for you JMK - come what may.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »

DR Edi,

WILD HOGS was actually very successful at the box-office, the biggest hit John Travolta has enjoyed in at least a decade since GET SHORTY.

Thanks, Matt---I had no idea, I was just making a joke...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »

After seeing the wonderful production of FLOYD COLLINS at Playwrights Horizons (if I remember correctly), I found this book on the story.  It's quite good.

DR MBarnum, there's a new horror film BEEF coming out about a young man killing body builders! Is this the film on which you were acting as an adviser?

http://www.vinkomorf.com/archivesEN/2006/july_06/beef.shtml

No, I would never want to waste a muscle man!

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2007, 03:56:48 PM »

This must be the official decluttering day.
You guys are making me feel guilty....I worked at the office all afternoon, but need to do some laundry tonight. Maybe I should finally declutter the dining room tonight and make it a room usable for....dining.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »

The reviews for Mr Campbell and Company I've read were reasonably good - if anything disappointed that no risks had been taken - straightforward production.  Mr Sondheim did give "an Evening With: which was televised (I don''t have Pay TV). I doubt Mr Sondheim would have said anything about the show when he had been invited to come out for it - and had just seen it.

I asked if this brouhaha was over the production with David Campbell:

So angry was composer Stephen Sondheim over Kookaburra's decision to cut vital scenes from Company on Wednesday night that he threatened to pull the plug on the show mid-season by withdrawing the rights.

The Sydney Morning Herald, the newspaper that broke the most dramatic theatre story in years yesterday when it revealed the role of April was completely removed from the show on Wednesday after actor Christie Whelan was too sick to perform, reports today that Sondheim threatened to remove Kookaburra's production rights unless a public apology - on the scale of a full-page newspaper advertisement - was issued.

In a statement to the Herald, Kookaburra Artistic Director and CEO Peter Cousens (pictured) said: "Kookaburra celebrates the work of Stephen Sondheim and George Furth and apologises for interfering with the integrity of their work."

Cousens also dramatically confirmed that he was the one who ordered the cuts to the show on Wednesday, despite what appeared to be a clear denial of this just 24 hours earlier.

"I instructed the director, musical director, cast and crew to make the cuts to the show, and of course it was my decision to keep the curtain up," Cousens said.

Cousens has also announced a charity performance of Company, with profits going to the Actors Benevolent Fund and Oz ShowBiz Cares, a charity nominated by Sondheim. People who attended on Wednesday are invited to the July 31 charity concert or "any other performance of their choosing".

There was no announcement prior to Wednesday's performance in relation to the cuts.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »

Jeanne, Check with Habitat for Humanity I know they accept some building supplies as do building rehab places.
I'm still waiting for them to come and pick up a portable dishwasher I've had for sometime. I have a deep freeze that I think is probably on it's legs...it was  making so much noise and I haven't used it for so long that I emptied it and unplugged it. I think I'll call my handyman Jerry and give him both appliances. He seems to know places to donate things.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2007, 04:02:20 PM »

I have dead computer equipment I want to get rid of.... The fargo landfill wont allow them...

There's a company here that accepts the dead equipment.  maybe there is something like that there.  I'd call a computer store and ask them where you can take it.  I have some really old stuff... I've been keeping it for years just in case i ever get a case where there is evidence I need on an old big floppy disk.   I don't think it will ever happen. I should really get rid of all of that

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »

Does anyone ever use a high school yearbook?

My mother does, well she used to before she told me I needed to take them with me.  Anytime she heard about someone that she thought was in either my class or my brother's or sister's classes she would get out the yearbook and look the person up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2007, 04:06:15 PM »

Yes, they do. These no longer worked. they become obsoleted very quickly. The one I bought just last year is about ready to be tossed, too. My cell phones never seem to last more than a year and a half. Maybe that's because I buy the cheap ones!

There is a place at the Verizon store where you can get rid of cell phones...I think it's at the Verizon store.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2007, 04:06:17 PM »

Noel, the development of The Brain from staged reading to full production was immortalized in many of the notes beginning last April, all the way through the show's December premiere.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up