Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS  (Read 34404 times)

td

• td
Re:THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2007, 10:05:25 PM »

Where's my prize?
(an ASSASSINS reference).
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2007, 10:10:37 PM »

I'm officially exhausted.  Just had a pretty terrific but very long work session with Mr. David Wechter, working on an idea we've had for some time, and finally fleshing out the characters and structure so that after he does our little Brain polish (which I'll then polish), we'll start writing - maybe even next week.  He'll take the lead on this, as I did for The Brain.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2007, 10:10:58 PM »

Actually, Dakota - you don't mind if I call you Dakota - it's not that difficult of a trivia question for me for TWO reason:
1.  I'm the biggest Springsteen queen on this here site, so, I know me some Big Man music.
2.  My trivial mind holds information as to who was dating whom and when. . .

Ergo, since Mr. Browne was romantically linked to the star of Mr. Howard's SPLASH, the actress in question would be one of the stars of that justifiably maligned film STEEL MAGNOLIAS, Miss Daryl Hannah - who also is featured in Ridley Scott's BLADE RUNNER. . .

Oh, and the song?
It's from Mr. Clemons' HERO album, and titled "You're a Friend of Mine."

Dakota is fine TD!

I also like Springsteen and I have a couple of his albums.

Who is the actress who appeared in a Bruce Springsteen video?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »

Bragging rights....

I am sharpening my skills at crafting another question to stump DBF
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

td

• td
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »

Dakota is fine TD!

Who is the actress who appeared in a Bruce Springsteen video?

Thanks, Dakota.

And Miss Courtney Cox was pulled from an audience (with two other plants) to dance with The Boss in "Dancing in the Dark."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2007, 10:27:06 PM »

Good Evening!

Did I say I was being "Tentative"?  Must be the heat.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:07 PM »

In any case...  I'm glad Isherwood liked Xanadu, and he does point out that the show constantly makes fun of itself throughout its 90-minute running time.  Is the show for everyone?  No.  But if your in the mood for something fun and brainless (in the good sense), it's not a bad way to spend an evening.  *And remember, if you come to the box office in roller-skates or roller-blades, you get a nice discount on your tickets.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »

you are correct... I recently came across some classic 1980s mvids on youtube

td

• td
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »

Good Evening!

Did I say I was being "Tentative"?  Must be the heat.  ???

You said, FEELING Tentative. . .
Some H & Ks were very jealous of Tentative.   ;)

Jason

« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2007, 10:34:17 PM »

Just finished a lovely 40 minute yoga practice and I'm feeling fine.

DR Jose: What time shall we meet prior to the Patti/GYPSY experience?? Did we say were doing lunch? Becco, even...?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »

Feeling sleepy... I think I am going to hit the sack gents!  Pleasant dreams and take care....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2007, 10:39:06 PM »

So, after meeting up with my friend, Brian, for dinner at City Grill... and then walking up a block to Levain for dessert... :)  We walked down Broadway to 54th Street, since he had picked up a ticket to see 110 in the Shade at Studio 54.  Well, since I had not seen the show yet, and since I had gone ahead and printed out the new discount offer/voucher before leaving the apartment...  I walked up to the box office, and asked for a single... "Well, the best seat I can get for you tonight would be fifth row, orchestra center, off to the right."  DEAL!  *Needless to say, my friend was a little jealous since he was sitting up in the mezz on the far-far-right - however, he still had a good view of the stage from there.  In any case...

What a beautiful show, and a beautiful production.  I know there are some people out there who don't get Audra McDonald, but I'm not one of those people, and tonight, I really got her.  A portrayal that manages to be new and yet still traditional at the same time.  And, needless to say, her singing was impeccable.  -And I was surprised at the number of phrases she chose not to sing "pretty".  Very effective.

The leads all did fine jobs, but I was most impressed with Bobby Steggert who plays Jimmy.  I've been reading some interviews with him here and there, but I had no idea just what to expect from him on stage.  He manages to totally avoid the caricature of a simpleton while keeping him naive and less-worldly.  And for someone who's never really sung before, he handled himself quite well.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2007, 10:40:56 PM »

Just finished a lovely 40 minute yoga practice and I'm feeling fine.

DR Jose: What time shall we meet prior to the Patti/GYPSY experience?? Did we say were doing lunch? Becco, even...?

Well, I guess we could Becco.  Unless you just want to keep it simple and do Burger Joint since it's close by - and will most likely be crowded.  But there's plenty of lunching choices in that neighborhood.  Why don't we meet in front of the Palace at Noon, and go from there.  *And don't forget your umbrella.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2007, 10:43:02 PM »

Well, I guess we could Becco.  Unless you just want to keep it simple and do Burger Joint since it's close by - and will most likely be crowded.  But there's plenty of lunching choices in that neighborhood.  Why don't we meet in front of the Palace at Noon, and go from there.  *And don't forget your umbrella.  :-\

That I can do. I can do that.

Jason

« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2007, 10:44:10 PM »

And no amount of rain can dampen my spirits when it comes to seeing Patti LuPone in GYPSY. Not one bit! :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »

Why in the world would they keep the air conditioning off when they are dancing?????

Well, they basically don't want to keep the room too cold since the coolness can sometimes wreak havoc with the dancers' muscles - it can literally "shock" them sometimes.  -Even some ballet companies have the thermostats adjusted in auditoriums to help keep the dancers bodies warm(er).

The room never really gets hot, it just gets warm.  And during the long breaks, they do turn the A/C back on.  I was just a bit nervous today playing for the MD and for the director - since it was the first time they were in the room.  -Also, since things are being put together in a sort of piece-meal fashion right now, the new Cassie (well, she'll be the matinee Cassie) has yet to have an actual music rehearsal with the conductor/music director - and the "people" in the room knew that.  Alas, since I was more or less on my own with the pacing and tempos, it was a bit tricky knowing when I should push and when I should pull things along.

*However, I did manage to express my interest in the upcoming tour today to some of the people in charge today, so that was most definitely a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: July 10, 2007, 10:49:53 PM »

DR MusicGuy - Baayork sends her love.  :)  -And she also passed on the info about Hopeful Heart to Bob Avian too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:50:37 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »

*However, I did manage to express my interest in the upcoming tour today to some of the people in charge today, so that was most definitely a good thing.

Should I book our tour to Garden of the Gods now...??  ;)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:56:48 PM by Jason »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2007, 10:56:12 PM »

Should I book our tour to Garden of the Gods now...??  ;)

Well...  Even the conductor for the tour is not yet official even though he's been told he'll have the job.  However, when I spoke to him, he did say there weren't any other tour personnel lined up, so that's a good thing.  And he also told me that it would be a good thing to let the MD know that I was interested in the tour.  And since I know all three keyboard books, well... I'm pretty sure that will work in my favor.  :)  In any case, no real plans, contracts, etc., will be made until the late Fall at the earliest.
Make Your Own Luck.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »

Tonight I watched a movie my mother brought home. It was the 1972 british Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The actors were all splendid, and the score by John Barry was very pretty, although I felt some of the songs were rather annoying.

I loved the fact that ninty percent of the dialouge was straight out of the book. I have a copy of all Lewis Carrol's work in it's original handwriting.  

'.'
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »

Tonight I watched a movie my mother brought home. It was the 1972 british Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The actors were all splendid, and the score by John Barry was very pretty, although I felt some of the songs were rather annoying.

I loved the fact that ninty percent of the dialouge was straight out of the book. I have a copy of all Lewis Carrol's work in it's original handwriting.  

'.'

AH!  I remember that movie!  We watched in grade school.  Also, now I'm remembering some theatrical version of "Alice" that was at the Smithsonian for a while.  It was very cool - it was done with puppets and animatronics, and maybe even some live actors - I can't remember correctly now.  But I do remember the whole set transforming when she would "Eat This"... and the Cheshire Cat disappearing and reappearing.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2007, 11:13:11 PM »

I gotta tell you.  I have been dealing with the madness of trying to get the Milla CDs, which were supposed to be here yesterday and have yet to make an appearance.  I had no response to my several e-mails of today or my phone message and I am here to tell you I have no time to deal with this crap - I set aside an hour yesterday to get the discs in packages and to the post office.  I now have to find another hour, whenever they arrive.  Milla has a concert at Town Hall Thursday night and I really wanted her to have CDs to sell.  Will she?  No way in hell, unless they get here bright and early tomorrow.  Otherwise, I will have no time to ship, as I have a noon meeting, followed directly by a rehearsal, followed directly by going to Culver City to dine.

Tomovoz

« Reply #292 on: July 10, 2007, 11:19:26 PM »

I certainly have a particular bias but going to see Patti in Gypsy sounds like a total nightmare to me.  I've just listened to Dolores Gray's "Rose's Turn".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Adriana Patti

« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2007, 11:20:38 PM »

* good cd delivery vibes*
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #294 on: July 10, 2007, 11:21:59 PM »

AH!  I remember that movie!  We watched in grade school.  Also, now I'm remembering some theatrical version of "Alice" that was at the Smithsonian for a while.  It was very cool - it was done with puppets and animatronics, and maybe even some live actors - I can't remember correctly now.  But I do remember the whole set transforming when she would "Eat This"... and the Cheshire Cat disappearing and reappearing.

I saw a great version that was done with effects and lighting and colored shadow puppets behind a giant cloth once. I loved it!
-Thomas Edison

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: July 10, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »

OK... 11 and a half hours to La LuPone in Gypsy!

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2007, 12:11:10 AM »

TOD:
We are currently members of, but will leave some of when we move:

Cobb Landmarks (we thought it was a preservation group but soon realized that it's more of a social group with a preservation 'theme".) We work with the Christmas tour of homes and the annual garden tour, and have done documentaries for them.

Cobb Preservation Foundation-a group we helped start to actually save historic buildings. We rarely meet but have still accomplished a lot, and have saved/restored/sold a half dozen structures.

IMPACT (Involved Mariettans Planning Actively for the City of Tomorrow) an activitst group formed 6 years ago to protect our square when our city councilman tried to build a 12 story building in a town square of two story buildings. DH has served as an officer, including president. We were getting a lot done but the current president has decided to "work with city goverment" and bought in to all of the city's plans, with no defense of our quality of life. So this group is fizzling.

The LOOP GROUP-Another group we helped start, originally as a neighborhood watch group since we had so much crime. Then it became more of a group that served the community, especially the Hispanic neighbors. After the "ethnic cleansing" by the city, this group is now just a vanity group for the councilperson who heads it up and controls who serves as officers instead of letting the group elect them. This group is also fizzling.

Peachtree Hills Neighborhood Associaiton: Our new neighborhood group---a very active and established group. We're been volunterring with them for 2 years, even though we haven't moved there yet!

Marietta Tree Keepers--we raise money to plant trees, and then plant them in public right of ways, to make up for all the developers who DON"T.

Friends of Nesbitt Union Chapel: the was formed to protect ruins of an old chapel. DH is president. This is one of the groups we may shed when we move.

Cobb Land Trust-preserves greenspace and aquires land for public use. DH is on the board.

River Keepers--monitor water quality in our streams. We may resume this after we move, since Peachtree Creek will be in our backyard and it will be easy to do. DH won the data collection award for the whole start of Georgia last year.

Beltline Study Group-studies the impact of a light rail that will encircle Atlanta and go, literally, behind our backyard.

Little Criminals: Randy Newman internet fan group which often turns into a political flame group. It finally got to be too much for me but I am still friends with many of the members.

HHW: "Nuff said.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »

We've been paintinhg all day and when we got home, Mindspring was down because of terrible thunderstorms. I see it's back now!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2007, 12:13:29 AM »

I really don't belong to too many organizations.  I've sat on the boards of the WGA and am currently on the board of Actors Guild of Lexington.  I joined AARP the minute I turned fifty.

You can join when you're 50???

Edisaurus

« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2007, 12:16:19 AM »

As usual, whenever I set an alarm clock to get up for a flight,

I read this as "get up for a fight", which also seemed very butch, and at the same time very well-planned.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up