Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE OF THOSE DAYS  (Read 10843 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ONE OF THOSE DAYS
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »

I believe I said we must get off this page four thing and soon.  This is most unseemly.

Jennifer

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »

I watched MEDIUM. I don't think i liked it as much as DR MattH.

It is always good. ANd i like seeing the kids (and found that part very interesting).

The case was interesting. Although i think my favorite cases are a bit more unpredictable. Although the stuff with alison was not predictable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »

How did that happen?  You people are LUCKY, but now I think we need to get off this page five stuff right now.

Laura

« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »

They started giving swine flu shots today to the public. First is infants and their caregivers, small children, and children with health issues.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »

Tonight, I'm ushering for An Evening with Groucho featuring Frank Ferrante.  This morning, there was a free "comedy workshop" with Frank!  Because the website was never updated about the time/place, it was essentially just five people sitting around and chatting with Frank.  He talked about how he discovered The Marx Brothers on TV, how he decided to be a comic actor, how he met a lot of famous people (Groucho himself, Milton Berle, etc.) and it was great.  We all chatted and there really wasn't any real "workshop"ing.  But a good time was had by all.  Tonight's show should be a lot of fun. 

Have a good evening, all!

Did he happen to mention why he broke up with Louis Teicher?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »

T.O.D.

I agree with td that SKDOO was pretty weird.

I would also have to add BREWSTER MCCLOUD.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »

DR Jennifer I think you qualify for a higher ranking & will be surprised if they won't give you the vaccination with your sister's family.  Do I understand this correctly, instead of going for 2 separate trips they are only going for the 3rd slot vs the 2nd?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »

We spoke to both our boys & Ioana today.  None of them have gotten either the flue or HINI vaccinations.  I asked Bryan, now that he is doing some work at a hospital, if the school required or provided vaccinations.  He said they offered them for a fee.  Finals are next week & he has to study for the first of his board (forgot the official name) exams.  I hope he doesn't get either flu.

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »

TOD:

The strangest movie I have ever seen was FELLINI SATYRICON.

I only watched it because I was interviewing a guy who was in it. I would never willingly watch it again.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »

Am I supposed to take the shirt off before I iron it?

Laura

« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2009, 06:46:32 PM »

Actually, I believe you are supposed to iron it before you put it on -- right after it comes out of the dryer. Why iron it after you've worn it?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »

I am dying to ask.

That's two of us!

Back from a great day. The show was out by 4:25 and i'll leave DRs Ginny and vixmom to give their thoughts. By 5 o'clock, we were ready for pizza with a big crowd that unfortunately ended up at different tables. My table had DRs fjl, Julie, Ginny, Rodzinski, me, my friend Chris, my adopted son Josh Clayton, and our conductor Rob Berman. The other table had DRs vixmom and Jose, the vixter, and DH Richard. When Rob and Josh left, they came to join our table.

I must say that I found John's Pizzeria to be totally unsympathetic to a big crowd; they would not take a reservation for less thatn 15 and, when we alerted them to a minimum of 12 diners at 4:30, they were uncooperative and insisted we could do nothing till we were all there and they could seat us all at once. Still, I liked the festive crowd, and I'm happy that a few of my FINIAN friends could meet other dear friends of mine.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »

On my way home I stopped at Colony to check out their price for the GOLDEN APPLE score: $80.00!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2009, 07:29:44 PM »

We are also back from a fun day in Times Square - the 11am performance of the Gazillion Bubble Show, the 2pm matinee of Finian's Rainbow, pizza at John's, and dessert at the Marriott Marquis.  The challenge we're having is finding places to hang out between commitments because we don't really want to come back here and climb 72 steps any more than we absolutely have to.  And one can spend only so much time in Starbucks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »

Pumpkin carols?

O Holy Pumpkin?

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »

As for Finain's Rainbow - it's the complete package.  Great music, of course, and this production's set, costumes, and choreography are both classic and fresh at the same time.  I hope it's a HUGE hit that gets many Tony nominations.  And I want a recording - ASAP!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2009, 07:38:55 PM »

I must hie myself to the home entertainment room to take screenshots of way too many BD's.  MattH, do you have a bevy of November 3 releases, too?

Well, I'm luckily getting three of them out of the way this weekend and Monday: WINGS OF DESIRE on DVD and Blu-ray, and the Blu-ray of HOWARDS END. Fox has its ICE AGE 3 coming out then, but I won't get any advance copy of that! I'll be lucky to get it on street date. Hopefully UP! will find its way here soon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »

TOD:

The strangest movie I have ever seen was FELLINI SATYRICON.

I only watched it because I was interviewing a guy who was in it. I would never willingly watch it again.

I consider it a very guilty pleasure. I don't watch it often, but its very unusualness keeps me glued to the screen when I do get a hankering to see it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »

I spent all evening with WINGS OF DESIRE. It's a haunting, mesmerizing movie. I think it falls apart just a little at the end (that talky speech Marion gives near the end is SO anticlimactic). The human scenes have never struck me as being nearly as interesting as the angelic sequences.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »

The commentary pieces together Wim Wenders and Peter Falk's six-plus hours of interviews into a really interesting commentary. Part of it is in interview form and part of it you can tell Wenders is watching the movie and commenting on what he's seeing.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2009, 07:46:32 PM »

I meant to mention it this afternoon, but I was very surprised that in one of the bonus features on the making of the movie, one of the people interviewed was the director of the Americanized remake CITY OF ANGELS. I was very surprised he was asked to participate. Was that film made with Wenders' blessing?

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »

So between the film and the commentary plus my needing to come upstairs and actually write the review, I had no time for any other viewing.

But tomorrow, I'm definitely watching WHITE COLLAR!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »

As for Finain's Rainbow - it's the complete package.  Great music, of course, and this production's set, costumes, and choreography are both classic and fresh at the same time.  I hope it's a HUGE hit that gets many Tony nominations.  And I want a recording - ASAP!

Oh, I would give anything to be at the opening weekend of FINIAN'S RAINBOW.  I am so excited for Larry (and, of course, Cheyenne)!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »

I have asked to be excused from church tomorrow because my feet are sore and the bursitis in my hip is not liking the stair-climbing.  Maybe a chill-out morning will refresh me.  I'll meet Richard for lunch and we'll proceed to the Royal Family matinee.

Laura

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:16 PM »

You should go to DAW's church and hear the pumpkin carols.

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:16 PM »

Oh, I would give anything to be at the opening weekend of FINIAN'S RAINBOW.  I am so excited for Larry (and, of course, Cheyenne)!

I'll let The Vixter provide the details, but will say that Cheyenne was very nice to her at the stage door.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »

Heading downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »

I'll let The Vixter provide the details, but will say that Cheyenne was very nice to her at the stage door.

Mr Jackson is very generous with his time with his fans, and I think that's one of the reasons he's so beloved by them. Do you all know about his new recording? They're selling it at the theatre but it isn't released yet.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... Since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a few thousand for your perusal...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up