Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: FIND THE FUNNY  (Read 24314 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: FIND THE FUNNY
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

Our Kritzerland soundtrack release, unless I'm completely adding wrong, is going to be over seventy minutes long.

A cornucopia of musical delight!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »

Our Kritzerland soundtrack release, unless I'm completely adding wrong, is going to be over seventy minutes long.

bk - When you were "talking" about the running times as well as the bonus tracks, I was going to ask if you were going to make it a 2-disc release.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »

I finished the soundtrack notes.  And the credits and thank yous.  And it looks like Kritzerland is going to have another cast album that's never been issued on CD before.  This one was announced by another label over a year ago - and they've been postponing it ever since.  I asked about it today, and was told that they were tired of dealing with the label and that I could have it - so it's mine.  Mum's the word until the deal is signed, but I was told it was mine if I wanted it and I said I wanted it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »

I've been working on the IMAC
All the live long day.

I've been working on the IMAC
And it's work instead of play.

Wish the movies would start burning.
Or at least they would upload.
While I watch the wheel keep turning
I must not know the code.

:)

Next question? ;)

*You can PM me if you wish.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »

No, it fits on one CD - about seventy two to seventy-four minutes would be my guess - but until it's all edited I won't know exactly - but when I burned a copy of my edited version, it runs close to seventy-seven minutes - and it doesn't include one two minute track - so when all the editing and tightening is done, I think it will be around seventy-four minutes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

I think that DR Jane has been quite lucky to have found so many charming contractors.  ;)

Would that DR MBarnum have such luck.

Oh, I have met some very friendly contractors in my day.  8)

And those were probably for temporary erections.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »

DR Ben just left after a lovely dinner and a wonderful DVD of Oliver Goldsmith's very funny 18th Century comedy SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER. I liked it very much. the director essentially filmed the play all around a 17th Century estate and did very little - to my ears - rewriting of the original text. The cast was very good; I especially liked the ladies. Mrs Hardcastle is a very funny role, and I expect Goldsmith laughed himself silly while he wrote her outlandish lines and situations.

That's my news.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2009, 07:10:17 PM »

....And it looks like Kritzerland is going to have another cast album that's never been issued on CD before.  This one was announced by another label over a year ago - and they've been postponing it ever since.  I asked about it today, and was told that they were tired of dealing with the label and that I could have it - so it's mine.  Mum's the word until the deal is signed, but I was told it was mine if I wanted it and I said I wanted it.

Nice! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »

Can you give us a hint...like what decade is it from??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »

DR Ben just left after a lovely dinner and a wonderful DVD of Oliver Goldsmith's very funny 18th Century comedy SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER. I liked it very much. the director essentially filmed the play all around a 17th Century estate and did very little - to my ears - rewriting of the original text. The cast was very good; I especially liked the ladies. Mrs Hardcastle is a very funny role, and I expect Goldsmith laughed himself silly while he wrote her outlandish lines and situations.

DR Ben did you like it?  In spite of the mixed review I added to our NetFlix queue on DR elmore's recommendation.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »

....And it looks like Kritzerland is going to have another cast album that's never been issued on CD before.  This one was announced by another label over a year ago - and they've been postponing it ever since.  I asked about it today, and was told that they were tired of dealing with the label and that I could have it - so it's mine.  Mum's the word until the deal is signed, but I was told it was mine if I wanted it and I said I wanted it.

Nice! ;D

Yes, very :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2009, 07:30:31 PM »

DR Ben did you like it?  In spite of the mixed review I added to our NetFlix queue on DR elmore's recommendation.

Nursie, get THE RIVALS from the Bristol Old Vic, which is actually filmed in a theatrical performance. It's wonderful and Mrs Malaprop ("she's as headstrong as an allegory on the banks of the Nile") is delightful as she mangles the English language: "Sure, if I reprehend any thing in this world it is the use of my oracular tongue, and a nice derangement of epitaphs!"

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

I finished the soundtrack notes.  And the credits and thank yous.  And it looks like Kritzerland is going to have another cast album that's never been issued on CD before.  This one was announced by another label over a year ago - and they've been postponing it ever since.  I asked about it today, and was told that they were tired of dealing with the label and that I could have it - so it's mine.  Mum's the word until the deal is signed, but I was told it was mine if I wanted it and I said I wanted it.

Will it be Greek to us?   ;D ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #313 on: February 27, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »

Can you give us a hint...like what decade is it from??

If I'm guessing right, 1967.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #314 on: February 27, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »

Of course I'm still waiting to see if my guesses of JULES ET JIM or HIROSHIMA MON AMOUR were correct, so this could be way off, too.  ;)

Ben

« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2009, 07:47:41 PM »

Yes, Jane, it was quite good. We laughed and laughed. I read the play in college and I think I've seen one production in my lifetime so much of it was new but it was very well done and lots of fun

Ben

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »

The dinner and conversation (and the pecan pie) with Elmore was great. And my (our, it's actually for Anthony and me) suprise was equally exciting. Anthony will be very, very happy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »

DR George, you're a glutton for punishment for burning that hideous CAMELOT to a DVD. Absolutely the worst I've ever seen Marin Mazzie, and almost every other casting and directing choice in the production was just so terrible. That is one production I NEVER want to see again.

I liked the Mordred. Oh, how I laugh and laugh.

I found him as repulsive as the rest of the production.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2009, 07:59:54 PM »

Oh... I guess I better get ready for my basically overnight bus trip back to NYC.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2009, 08:00:52 PM »

And DR George, don't forget the next Donald Stratchey mystery, ICE BLUES, will also be arriving on DVD within a few months, I'm thinking. It has already aired on here!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:03:09 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »

I began my evening of entertainment with ON THE OTHER HAND DEATH. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't find the solution of the mystery quite the surprise as in A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM (I had much of it figured out but not all), but that didn't lessen my enjoyment of the piece.

These mysteries are done on a low budget, but they hide it very well, and they look very slick. I'm so happy to have them for rewatching. I'm sure I'll rewatch this one within the week.

Matt H.

« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »

I also watched the 24 minute "making of" documentary on the disc as well as the trailer for ICE BLUES and the trailer for the Robert Gant spy movie which should be coming out on DVD soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »

Next, I watched another episode of MOONLIGHT. This was the one with the hired assassin who almost murders Joseph. A neat backstory on Joseph's character shows us a completely different side to his personality. I liked the episode very much.

Matt H.

« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »

I concluded my evening of viewing with tonight's GHOST WHISPERER. It was a lovely episode, quite touching in the end, and it looks like an effective segue into next week's BIG revelation.

George

« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »

And DR George, don't forget the next Donald Stratchey mystery, ICE BLUES, will also be arriving on DVD within a few months, I'm thinking. It has already aired on here!

Cool! ;D

George

« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »

I concluded my evening of viewing with tonight's GHOST WHISPERER. It was a lovely episode, quite touching in the end, and it looks like an effective segue into next week's BIG revelation.

Well, I guess I'd better get home and start watching this. 

Until later!

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »

I'm heading down now a little earlier than usual after I do a few computer maintenance projects and then rearrange my office just a bit.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2009, 08:42:28 PM »

I'll post a few more photos tonight. These are from the Rebirth Tour we took
This one is a part of the musician's village that Harry Connick Jr is working on with Habitat for Humanity.  I was on the wrong side of the bus, but I think you get the picture

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2009, 08:44:46 PM »

This is one of the homes that Bradd Pitt's organization has already built. They are totally green with solar energy and some, if not all even have escape hatches on the roof...just in case. His houses are all different. They are ready to go building 150 so far

Cillaliz

« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »

Here the house on the left was one of the first back in the neighborhood.  It was restored by a woman's church so she could move home.   The one on the right is one of the Brad Pitt houses

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up