Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BRAND SPANKING NEW WEEK  (Read 37648 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BRAND SPANKING NEW WEEK
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2006, 08:30:31 PM »

I began rewatching THE DA VINCI CODE on my own system tonight. I only got about 40 minutes in, but I already liked it better since my sound system was able to be more robust without fear of waking anyone. Don't know when I'll get to finish it since I'll have a good bit of TV to watch over the next few days, but I do want to watch the entire thing again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »

Page Eight Ursula Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2006, 08:34:40 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had interesting stories for all four ladies, and I quite enjoyed them. And now the mystery of neighbor Roy becomes even more intriguing.

The show is definitely having a better year than last season.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »

And, once again, BROTHERS & SISTERS won me over completely. Funny, heartbreaking, warm, genuinely engaging, this show really has it all for me.

Sorry BOSTON LEGAL is having a two part episode that ABC is choosing to show in a Sunday/Tuesday run next week.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2006, 08:38:19 PM »

And I like BOSTON LEGAL very much. Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I'll definitely be watching it. I just hate that to squeeze both parts into sweeps, BROTHERS & SISTERS had to get preempted.

FJL

« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2006, 08:47:39 PM »

"REGRETS ONLY" LAUGH LINE SPOILER

The proverbial everybody in town has been quoting one of the great lines from the Paul Rudnick play REGRETS ONLY, and since Brantley included the line in his NY Times review anyway, here's the line which has the whole town busting a gut, spoken by Christine Baranski about to embark on a swanky night on the town:

"Is it chilly out?  Do i need to wear a bracelet?"

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »

Heading downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »

Well, I didn't much care for DOWN WITH LOVE. I admired what they were trying to do, but I just didn't think either star actor had "it" for that kind of film. After seeing it, it gave me much more respect for Doris (whom I've always loved anyway) and particularly Rock Hudson.
And let me say that I do like Renee Zellweger very much in other roles. So, I was rooting for the film. It just didn't do it for me. Glad others liked it.

I agree with you, Matt. Maybe it was just the mood I was in, but it did nothing for me, although I do also love RZ in other films.

Last night we went with our cellist friend to see a film called "Come Early Morning" starring Ashley Judd. She was great in it, but not a film I'd recommend.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2006, 08:59:27 PM »

My favorite Rock Hudson movie: "Seconds". Nobody asked...just thought I'd mention it.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2006, 09:02:59 PM »

TOD: "Birdy num nums" always makes me laugh.

One of my favorite lines to use in a restaurant after a meal, if the waiter properly sets me up with: "Do you wanta box for that?"

I get to say: "No, but I'll wrestle you for it."

Edisaurus

« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2006, 09:03:55 PM »

Better get to bed...I'm working on stuff for Comic Relief tomorrow for TBS. I hope it was funny!

Edisaurus

« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2006, 09:05:30 PM »

FJL---you crack me up!

FJL

« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2006, 09:20:07 PM »

Thanks, Edisaurus.  (I hope you're mentally editing out the REALLY bad puns.)

Tomovoz

« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »

DR TOMovOZ...thanks so much for the lovely Yule CD gift.  I had never heard the composer sing that song....and "Tell Me Who's the Girl" is probably Annette's loveliest wanting song....  And the original Disneyland record label was tremendous....NEVER saw it before!!!
A pleasure - my mission was successful.
I think Paul's track was an Oz only issue to cash in on his 1960 tour here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2006, 10:09:10 PM »

Back from dinner with our new cast member - she's a doll and I think I totally made the right decision - great energy, cute as a button, and has a perfect "look" for the character.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2006, 11:03:11 PM »

How 'bout the Soundtrack to a show that was on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Don Kirshner was behind this show.

I vaguely remember hearing about this show. Was it also connected to the shows done by Sid and Marty Croft?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2006, 11:03:14 PM »

Speaking of Rock Hudson, I picked up the ROCK HUDSON FRANCHISE SET...has some interesting films in the set...of them I have only seen HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY GAL which is the main reason I bought it...but it might be fun to see THE GOLDEN BLADE and THE LAST SUNSET...I know nothing about THE SPIRAL ROAD or A VERY SPECIAL FAVOR.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2006, 11:03:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Jason!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2006, 11:04:36 PM »

I have been very busy today burning DVDs for 3 (three) DRs and 3 former 1950s B-film actresses.

MBarnum

« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »

Enjoyed both TAR and Desp. Housewives. I agree with you DR Matt, this season of DH has been great!

MBarnum

« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2006, 11:07:03 PM »

TAR spoiler...............................

Of course the ending of TAR made me very sad  :-\

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2006, 11:08:30 PM »

Neat album covers Rodz and thanks for sharing... My grandparents were huge Lawrence Welk fans and I inherited a couple of his albums. The NDSU library has a large collection of his sheet music and scores.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2006, 11:09:20 PM »

Early today, I went to my sister's house (that I just moved out of) and put up new smoke alarms, and we all did some of the last things that we need to do.  She has a refrigerator in the garage and as we started to move it to a different place, we saw a big, giant spider behind it!  It was huge...more than an inch long and a pretty substantial body!  It was alive and moved quickly.  Larry, my sister's boyfriend caught it in an empty plastic peanut jar and let it go outside (across the street ;)).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2006, 11:09:40 PM »

I can't believe we're headed to 200+ posts after that slow start.  

Charm my dear fellow reader, charm and essence!

George

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2006, 11:10:20 PM »

After that, I had to go to the scene shop where our Cannibal set was built and help move it to the space we'll perform at.  The break-down and moving took about an hour.  I was at the space helping unload and set up for another two and a half hours.  It got to the point that what was left to do were the detail bits that only the guys who built it could do.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2006, 11:10:59 PM »

Saying "Dr. Sanjay Gupta" makes me smile (in a good way) for some reason.  But saying "Deepka Chopra" doesn't.

I have enjoyed his wisdom also

George

« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2006, 11:11:20 PM »

The problem with the rehearsals for the next two weeks (with Thanksgiving off) is that where we're rehearsing and will perform (a local community college), they charge for parking!  We're going to meet at a parking lot about a mile away and carpool, so that the people in each car can share the cost of parking.  So starting tomorrow, we'll be rehearsing on the set!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2006, 11:12:05 PM »

Wow, laughter improves your health, decreasing stress and boosting immunities, according to one doctor on this CNN report.  Even if you have to force the laugh.

I have read that also and it does have merit!

It makes you feel younger also...

George

« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2006, 11:12:32 PM »

Well, they don't charge for parking on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays, the days that we actually perform, so audience members won't have to pay.  That's good. :)

George

« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »

I see that THE TEN COMMANDMENTS - The Musical is coming out on DVD next week.

Didn't some DRs here see this show when it played in LA? Seems like the overall opinion was that it was a mess and close to a disaster. But, I really can't remember now if that was the critical concensus or not?

Can someone refresh my memory?

And it costs $17 at Amazon. That's not a terrific lot of money to purchase something blind that pertains to musical theater, but would it be a waste of money?

It's only $12.09 at DeepDiscountDVD.com!  I'm going to get it...for $12.09, no tax (I have to pay tax for anything at Amazon.com), and no shipping, why the heck not? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up