Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BACHARACH ON THE BRAIN  (Read 25937 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: BACHARACH ON THE BRAIN
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »

It's amazing how quickly a good day can turn to crap: the laundry's down the street and the damned elevator in my building is dead, which happened within the last 40 minutes. I got to the apartment and had to carry up my shopping and two large cartons the postal worker had dropped off, then I had to walk back up three flights for the hangers I forgot to tote down with me for the laundry. Then I get to the laundry and some rude ass half my age and twice my size figures if he reads a newspaper on an empty sorting table it's his while his clothng dries, so as I'm taking laundry out of the dryer next to him and putting it on hangers, he starts pulling clothes out of his dryer and laying them all over the table so I can't use any of it. Fuck him.

Now I have to walk back down, pick up the rest of the clothing, lug it back her, walk up three flights with it and wait for the UPS delivery and do the whole megillah again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »

It's amazing how quickly a good day can turn to crap: the laundry's down the street and the damned elevator in my building is dead, which happened within the last 40 minutes. I got to the apartment and had to carry up my shopping and two large cartons the postal worker had dropped off, then I had to walk back up three flights for the hangers I forgot to tote down with me for the laundry. Then I get to the laundry and some rude ass half my age and twice my size figures if he reads a newspaper on an empty sorting table it's his while his clothng dries, so as I'm taking laundry out of the dryer next to him and putting it on hangers, he starts pulling clothes out of his dryer and laying them all over the table so I can't use any of it. Fuck him.

Now I have to walk back down, pick up the rest of the clothing, lug it back her, walk up three flights with it and wait for the UPS delivery and do the whole megillah again.

Well I won't worry you any more by posting this story:

Federal authorities are warning of a possible Al Qaeda-orchestrated terror plot against New York City subway and other transit systems during the holidays...

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2008, 09:18:55 AM »

PEACE IN OUR TIME!

President Bush pardons the Thanksgiving Turkey.

der Brucer

And then there was this PARDON MISHAP.

If you thought that was bad, can you imagine what would happen if she was elected president and pardoned a prisoner at Guantanamo?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »

Just like Elaine Stritch said:  It's not the work--it's the stairs.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2008, 09:24:06 AM »

...and pardoned a prisoner at Guantanamo?

It's difficult to pardon someone not even charged, much less convicted.

der Bucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »

I've shaved, attended to a lot of e-mails, will shower in about fifteen minutes and then be on my way to a production meeting.  After that, I'll come back here for a few minutes, then head over to Joe Allen to meet Jessica Rush.  I will NOT be having a Caesar salad, and I doubt I'll have the shrimp cocktail.  Hence, I have no clew what I'll have - maybe a burger with some slaw instead of fries.  Or, maybe I'll just have a steak or meat loaf or grilled chicken.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2008, 09:33:54 AM »

Another posting test on my phone.

I'm not seeing a way to reply to posts.  It's been recommended to me to install Opera.  Perhaps I'll try that next.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »

Well I won't worry you any more by posting this story:

Federal authorities are warning of a possible Al Qaeda-orchestrated terror plot against New York City subway and other transit systems during the holidays...

der Brucer

Well, this time I can't blame it on the current administration's "war on terror" stirring things up to scare the populace. Or can I?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2008, 09:45:23 AM »

Elmore, you are getting a lot of exercise today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:52 AM »

My copy of my friend Amy's COMPLETE LYRICS OF OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN just arrived!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:17 AM »

ASK BK

What is your favorite or what do think is the best score by the following film composers (If you don't have a favorite/best you don't have to make a choice.)

Bernard Hermann
Erich Wolfgang Korngold
Franz Waxman

Herrmann - today it's North By Northwest - tomorrow, it would be something else

I love the new Herrmann CHRISTMAS CAROL / CHILD IS BORN CD.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:25 AM »

Elmore, you are getting a lot of exercise today.

Yes, indeedy! The thought of lugging 4-5 cartons weighing about 20-30 lbs up three flights has curtailed my trek to the storage space today, and that bums me out.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2008, 09:56:20 AM »

The pumpkin pies are bee-yoo-tee-ful - and they smell good, too!

Relatives are gathering - my cousin and his wife from Georgia are at my aunt's, my sister and her husband are on their way to my mom's from Michigan, my niece will soon be on her way from Illinois, and nephew from Michigan will arrive in time for dinner tomorrow.

Not only are we celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, but it's also my mother's 90th birthday.

Ginny, happy pre-Birthday greetings to your mother!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »

I am at home and not at work today.  I called in to my boss with a severe case of Mental Meltdown.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:21 AM »

DR Ginny - what a wonderful occasion.  I'm sure it will be a memorable celebration.    :)

Yes, DR Singdaw, we're all glad Mom's birthday falls on Thanksgiving Day this year.  Otherwise, she wouldn't have let us have a big party just for her birthday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »

Relatives are gathering - my cousin and his wife from Georgia are at my aunt's, my sister and her husband are on their way to my mom's from Michigan, my niece will soon be on her way from Illinois, and nephew from Michigan will arrive in time for dinner tomorrow.

Not only are we celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, but it's also my mother's 90th birthday.

Ginny, happy pre-Birthday greetings to your mother!

Thank you, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »

Well, this time I can't blame it on the current administration's "war on terror" stirring things up to scare the populace. Or can I?

Probably not - there is nothing to be gained by scaring the folks at this point.

The people now most afraid are the radical-lefties who are in a state of shock by how far toward the center the President Elect has moved. Poor Sean Hannity is sputtering about how Obama has betrayed the voters by attempting to establish a pragmatic, centrist administation manned by experienced professionals.

der Brucer

And, yes, that is a compliment for the incoming administration.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »

We have early dismissal today.  And since I did not take a lunch, my early dismissal begins NOW!

Catch y'all later!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »

I am at home and not at work today.  I called in to my boss with a severe case of Mental Meltdown.

Considering the stress you've been under, you needed today - feel better!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »

I've shaved, attended to a lot of e-mails, will shower in about fifteen minutes and then be on my way to a production meeting.  After that, I'll come back here for a few minutes, then head over to Joe Allen to meet Jessica Rush.  I will NOT be having a Caesar salad, and I doubt I'll have the shrimp cocktail.  Hence, I have no clew what I'll have - maybe a burger with some slaw instead of fries.  Or, maybe I'll just have a steak or meat loaf or grilled chicken.

bk - Just meet Jessica Rush as Joe Allen, and then head a few doors down to either Bourbon Street, Joshua Tree, Becco, House of Brews... Heck, you're right on Restaurant Row.  Or even try The Ritz. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »

TCB, how is Stan?  Any news?  I hope your mental health day helps.  I know how much stress you've been under.  Ginny is right, you deserve a day off.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2008, 10:24:54 AM »

I actually didn't go see Stan yesterday (and yes, I feel guilty).  I had a meeting I had to go to, and then I went home.  Tuesday was just a little too depressing.  Apparently there is no improvement to report.  The hospital called me today, because they had Mark's phone number wrong.  I asked if there was anything wrong, but, of course, I am a total non-entity to the hospital.  She did tell me that this was not an emergency, but rather a call because they want to set up a meeting with Mark as to where we go from here.

Won't they be surprised. I will be at their damn meeting, too.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »

Ann, I am sure that the getting up early issue, will probably be the least of your worries come Monday
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »

I'm showered and coifed and ready for my meeting in thirty minutes.  It's actually pretty close by to the hotel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2008, 10:45:40 AM »

I shall now be on my way to a meeting, then to sup.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »

Hmmm...

Shrek Cancels Dec. 2 Performance to Complete Final Changes in New Musical

At least they announced it a week ahead of time. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »

A Very Happy 90th Birthday for DR Ginny's Mother!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

So, George,

what home remodeling chores does the family have planned for you this week?

der Brucer

George

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

So, George,

what home remodeling chores does the family have planned for you this week?

der Brucer

NONE!  Well, I may need to swap out one, count 'em ONLY ONE light fixture for my parents that I hadn't been able to get to yet, but that will be THE ONLY ONE!!  Dammit.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up