Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BACHARACH ON THE BRAIN  (Read 25937 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: BACHARACH ON THE BRAIN
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »

Hmmm, I have SHREK tix for Dec. 3.

...It's also interesting that they're canceling the Tuesday show - which is actually their second show of the week (they're currently running Monday-Saturday during previews). I guess they want to put the changes in before their double on Wednesday.

*And I do hope that the show does do well, and gets "fixed" - if it really needs fixing.  I have a couple of good friends in the cast, crew and orchestra, and I really do wish them a long run.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »

Did I ever tell you people that I saw Bernadette Peters when Jed and I were in New York this summer?  We were walking back to the hotel after seeing A Catered Affair and she was coming towards us on the sidewalk with a handsome man on her arm.  It took me until they were almost past us before it sunk in who I was staring at. I wasn't able to alert Jed until she had passed, but he did glimpse the unmistakable hair as she walked away. 

I hadn't realized how short she really is :)

You were in Manhattan and didn't alert any of the HHW Manhattan group?

Yes... we had kind of disappeared from the site for awhile and we weren't sure anyone would remember/want to see us. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »

Did I ever tell you people that I saw Bernadette Peters when Jed and I were in New York this summer?  We were walking back to the hotel after seeing A Catered Affair and she was coming towards us on the sidewalk with a handsome man on her arm.  It took me until they were almost past us before it sunk in who I was staring at. I wasn't able to alert Jed until she had passed, but he did glimpse the unmistakable hair as she walked away. 

You were in Manhattan and didn't alert any of the HHW Manhattan group?

Yes... we had kind of disappeared from the site for awhile and we weren't sure anyone would remember/want to see us. 

Then why did you come back?

;D

-And I really do mean the " ;D ". No worries.

Family is always welcome back.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »

DR Ann - And my apologies for Mario Lopez.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »

DR Ann - And my apologies for Mario Lopez.  ;)

LOL!  Actually I was pleasantly surprised by him.  Of course, I had pretty low expectations.  But he still isn't bad to look at on stage ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2008, 02:02:27 PM »

Going to write for a bit and then head back down to continue visiting with Jack, Kate, Sawyer/James, and Ben.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »

Sitting here at Joe Allen waiting for Jessica. Seeing White Xmas tonight - walked right up and got fifth row center.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »

I am truly sorry if we inadvertently insulted any of Manhattan's lovely HHW folks.  It was mostly shyness on our part, really.   

singdaw

« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »

So enough about Bernadette Peters   [ ;) ]

How did you both like A Catered Affair??

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2008, 02:13:32 PM »

For ask bk day:

How come when you post from your iPhone, the post header doesn't show a little cell phone icon, like when DR DtM posted earlier from his?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »

So enough about Bernadette Peters   [ ;) ]

How did you both like A Catered Affair??

We liked it, actually.  It was definitely more of a straight-play with songs rather than a traditional musical.  "Subdued" was the word that Jed used.  But Harvey was wonderful and the performance given by Faith Prince was excellent.  The songs were, I'm afraid, rather forgettable.  I can't remember a single melody now.  But enjoyable overall.

We also got a great kick out of Brad Whitford in Boeing Boeing, but sadly Christine Baranksi was off that night, so we saw her understudy.  The only real casting disappointment of the trip, I think. 

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »

We had a bit of a scare before ACA, actually.  Some man we now refer to as "Purple Shirt Guy" outside the theater started a rumor that Harvey was not going on that night, since it was the 4th of July.  We were rather nervously awaiting an official announcement to that effect, and were relieved when it never came.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »

For ask bk day:

How come when you post from your iPhone, the post header doesn't show a little cell phone icon, like when DR DtM posted earlier from his?

If you post via your iPhone - or other PDA - via a WiFi connection instead of a 3G or other cellular network connection, any posting is considered "local", and not via a cell phone.

I think.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »

Testing, testing via iPhone 3G.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2008, 02:30:26 PM »

...Or not. ??? ???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »

I actually got to meet her and get her autograph!  She performed here in Olympia in 1996 and she was incredible!  She puts on a great show...in my humble opinion (IMHO in Internet lingo ;)).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2008, 03:01:16 PM »

Sitting here at Joe Allen waiting for Jessica. Seeing White Xmas tonight - walked right up and got fifth row center.

Sounds good, BK!  If we were in NYC this weekend, White Christmas would be at the top of my list.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »

DR Jose, when you post via your iPhone, do you see HHW as it actually looks?  On the browser on my Incite phone, I get a skinnied-down version--I guess it's the mobile version--of HHW.  No avatars, only about five posts on a page, no qoute or reply buttons.

If I can figure out how, I will follow a co-worker's recommedation and install the Opera Mobile browser--that should let me see the normal version of HHW.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »

WHITE CHRISTMAS looks like a wonderful show.  That would have been my choice, too.

Will there be another cast recording, ya think?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »

DR Jose, when you post via your iPhone, do you see HHW as it actually looks?  On the browser on my Incite phone, I get a skinnied-down version--I guess it's the mobile version--of HHW.  No avatars, only about five posts on a page, no qoute or reply buttons.

If I can figure out how, I will follow a co-worker's recommedation and install the Opera Mobile browser--that should let me see the normal version of HHW.

The iPhone uses Safari, so it appears "normal".  -And I'm guessing that is what is causing the "mobile" icon on your posts - or rather, not causing them on mine.

*Btw, I had two friends who had an Incite... And they both returned them two days later...  -Just sayin'....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2008, 03:33:18 PM »

WHITE CHRISTMAS looks like a wonderful show.  That would have been my choice, too.

Will there be another cast recording, ya think?

Nope, since it's basically the original cast.  Sort of.  Almost.  ;)

-Well, at least Jeffrey Denman and Meredith Patterson.  -I'm very happy that Brian D'Arcy James appears on the OCR, and he would have been in the current Broadway production had he not been cast in/as Shrek.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2008, 03:55:01 PM »

DH Jed and I had tickets to see Shrek during it's Seattle pre-Broadway run in September.  Our tickets were for September 7th.  Then my water broke on the night of the 5th, and Toby showed up on the 6th.  Needless to say, those tickets were not used.  Sad, though, that we couldn't find anyone to use them...

Excuse me?????  What am I?  The invisible man?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2008, 03:59:19 PM »

DH Jed and I had tickets to see Shrek during it's Seattle pre-Broadway run in September.  Our tickets were for September 7th.  Then my water broke on the night of the 5th, and Toby showed up on the 6th.  Needless to say, those tickets were not used.  Sad, though, that we couldn't find anyone to use them...

.........umm.......

eeep...dropped the ball on that one too.  I beg forgiveness and plead new-mommy brain as my only excuse.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »

Well, if anyone would like to take their son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandson, granddaughter, "Little sister", "Little brother", etc., etc., etc...

Disney has announced a limited-time offer of free children’s tickets to its Broadway productions of “The Lion King,” “Mary Poppins” and “The Little Mermaid.” From Monday through Dec. 12, ticket buyers can receive one free child’s admission (18 and under) with each purchase of a full-priced ticket for shows between Jan. 6 and March 13.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »

.........umm.......

eeep...dropped the ball on that one too.  I beg forgiveness and plead new-mommy brain as my only excuse.

The parent of any child as beautiful as Toby is easily forgiven.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2008, 04:04:10 PM »

Dinner was fab. Great seeing Jess again. I had rigatoni and sausage in a light tomato sauce - ready yummilicious. I'm in the Marriot keeping warm. More later.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2008, 04:20:41 PM »

I talked to Mark this afternoon, and we will be meeting with a team from the hospital sometime on Friday.  They are suggesting that Stan be moved to a hospice center.  I spent quite a little while with Stan this afternoon crying and praying.
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »

DR Jose, did your friends say why they returned their Incites?  I'm still not sure about it myself.  I'm glad I have 30 days to decide.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »

I talked to Mark this afternoon, and we will be meeting with a team from the hospital sometime on Friday.  They are suggesting that Stan be moved to a hospice center.  I spent quite a little while with Stan this afternoon crying and praying.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS TO TCB))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

If there is anything I can do, Tom, please let me know.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »

~~~Hugs and Vibes of Comfort for DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up