Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BACHARACH ON THE BRAIN  (Read 26066 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BACHARACH ON THE BRAIN
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2008, 11:41:29 AM »

PAGE SIX DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2008, 11:48:12 AM »

Hmmm, I have SHREK tix for Dec. 3.

FJL

« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »

For the Dec. 2 HHW mini-get-together, how would people ffel about going to John's Pizzeria on 44th between 7th and 8th?  It's very reasonable cost-wise for anyone on a budget.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »

For the Dec. 2 HHW mini-get-together, how would people ffel about going to John's Pizzeria on 44th between 7th and 8th?  It's very reasonable cost-wise for anyone on a budget.

How is the pizza?  Silly question in NY.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »

Or should we meet somewhere outside of the theater district where it would be less crowded?

Any thoughts?

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »

Let's all meet....oh, wait.  :-\

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »

DH Jed and I had tickets to see Shrek during it's Seattle pre-Broadway run in September.  Our tickets were for September 7th.  Then my water broke on the night of the 5th, and Toby showed up on the 6th.  Needless to say, those tickets were not used.  Sad, though, that we couldn't find anyone to use them...

George

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2008, 12:28:16 PM »

DH Jed and I had tickets to see Shrek during it's Seattle pre-Broadway run in September.  Our tickets were for September 7th.  Then my water broke on the night of the 5th, and Toby showed up on the 6th.  Needless to say, those tickets were not used.  Sad, though, that we couldn't find anyone to use them...

Darn!  I would've seen it again!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »

I was thinking of you actually, George.  But I couldn't think how to get ahold of you quickly enough, and honestly we were both so punch-drunk with the new baby in the NICU thing that it just flew by us before we realized.

We also had Manhattan Transfer/Al Jarreau tickets for that next Thursday at the Puyallup Fair that went unused.  We actually managed to contact a few people for those, but no one had that evening free.

It was sad, I hate wasting good tickets. 

George

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »

I was thinking of you actually, George.  But I couldn't think how to get ahold of you quickly enough, and honestly we were both so punch-drunk with the new baby in the NICU thing that it just flew by us before we realized.

We also had Manhattan Transfer/Al Jarreau tickets for that next Thursday at the Puyallup Fair that went unused.  We actually managed to contact a few people for those, but no one had that evening free.

It was sad, I hate wasting good tickets. 

AARRGGHH!!  I would've killed for the TMT tickets!!  It just wasn't financially an option for me at that time. :(

George

« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

Maybe next time.

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »

Hmmm...

Shrek Cancels Dec. 2 Performance to Complete Final Changes in New Musical

At least they announced it a week ahead of time. ???

I'm just back from my meeting, and the guy who's going to be our SM just saw Shrek and said it was truly terrible - in other words, Shrek is dreck.  Why didn't they fix this show after Seattle?  And one day  of rehearsals is going to fix it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »

John's Pizza is great by me - convenient and good food and inexpensive.  Let's DO it. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »

Should I see Shrek this evening?  Billy Elliot?  In The Heights?  Gypsy?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »

Or should I just come home and relax.  If I see a show I won't get back here until eleven.

MBarnum

« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »

I am horrified at today's attacks in Mumbai. Both of those hotels (the Taj Mahal and the Oberei) were ones I was just checking out the websites of yesterday for my future trip there.  :'(

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »

Did I ever tell you people that I saw Bernadette Peters when Jed and I were in New York this summer?  We were walking back to the hotel after seeing A Catered Affair and she was coming towards us on the sidewalk with a handsome man on her arm.  It took me until they were almost past us before it sunk in who I was staring at. I wasn't able to alert Jed until she had passed, but he did glimpse the unmistakable hair as she walked away. 

I hadn't realized how short she really is :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »

An early Christmas present for MattH:

TVGUIDE

Is it true that Moonlight is going to run on the Sci Fi Channel? OMG, that would be wonderful! — Tawny

MICKEY: Yes! We finally have some Alex O'Loughlin-related news for you, Tawny! Starting Jan. 23, Sci Fi will rerun the cancelled vampire drama on Fridays at 9 pm/ET (following repeats of ABC's similarly underappreciated Invasion).

I do appreciate the heads up even though the DVDs come out in January, and I'll be springing for those so I can watch it uninterrupted by commercials. Can't wait!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

Had a nice leisurely lunch with lots of laughs and fun. And becasue it was an early lunch, I got home by a little after 1.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »

Today's mail brought the rest of Criterion's December wave of Blu-rays: THE THIRD MAN, THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH, and BOTTLE ROCKET. CHUNGKING EXPRESS on Blu-ray came on Saturday. They all come out on the 16th of December, so they'll wait until I've finished with the Blu-ray set of LOST.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »

I got 3 1/2 episodes of LOST watched. I could have finished the fourth one if I hadn't had to go back to listen to the audio commentary on episode 1.

It's marvelous reliving all of the twists and surprises of Season 4, in my opinion the best season since the first season. And even though I know the twists and turns, the episodes are still loads of fun to see again, and many more things register the second time around, of course, since the shows are so densely packed with information.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2008, 01:27:51 PM »

Just like Season 3 on Blu-ray, the episodes in 1080p are much sharper and more detailed looking than the network (720p) broadcasts. You can count every pore on every face in close-up, and everything is so much more dimensional on these discs.

The sound is definitely more expansive, too. It's uncomrpessed 5.1 sound (16 bit) which really kicks in during storms, explosions, and the like.

Such a great way to prepare for Season 5.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2008, 01:39:33 PM »

Should I see Shrek this evening?  Billy Elliot?  In The Heights?  Gypsy?

Are their decent seats available for In The Heights? If so... I'd say, see that show.  -Although, if you could score a ticket to South Pacific, I think you'd enjoy that show more.  -I have a sneaking suspicion you'll think In the Heights is too loud and too "pop".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »

Did I ever tell you people that I saw Bernadette Peters when Jed and I were in New York this summer?  We were walking back to the hotel after seeing A Catered Affair and she was coming towards us on the sidewalk with a handsome man on her arm.  It took me until they were almost past us before it sunk in who I was staring at. I wasn't able to alert Jed until she had passed, but he did glimpse the unmistakable hair as she walked away. 

You and Jed were in NYC this past summer?!?!?!?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »

Or should I just come home and relax.  If I see a show I won't get back here until eleven.

Do you have plans for tomorrow morning? Are you planning on heading over to Broadway to watch the Macy's Parade?

See a show tonight!  Support the economy! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »

Hmmm...

Shrek Cancels Dec. 2 Performance to Complete Final Changes in New Musical

At least they announced it a week ahead of time. ???

I'm just back from my meeting, and the guy who's going to be our SM just saw Shrek and said it was truly terrible - in other words, Shrek is dreck.  Why didn't they fix this show after Seattle?  And one day  of rehearsals is going to fix it?

...I'm just wondering just how much extra rehearsal time the cancellation will provide the production and creative teams?  I'm guessing this would prevent them from going into (possibly more) overtime, since they'll probably just trade out the three-hour performance slot for another three or four hour rehearsal call.  -Which would include the crew and orchestra.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

Oh...

Good Afternoon!

I had a nice nap.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »

:-[ Did I forget to mention that??  Yup, we were, for four days over the 4th of July.  We saw A Catered Affair, A Chorus Line, and Boeing Boeing.  For all shows, Jed managed to get front row mezz seats, which was fantastic. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »

You were in Manhattan and didn't alert any of the HHW Manhattan group?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »

:-[ Did I forget to mention that??  Yup, we were, for four days over the 4th of July.  We saw A Catered Affair, A Chorus Line, and Boeing Boeing.  For all shows, Jed managed to get front row mezz seats, which was fantastic. 

How rude!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up