Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH HOPES  (Read 60703 times)

FJL

Re:HIGH HOPES
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2006, 06:23:02 AM »

And one for Mailer!

FJL

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2006, 06:37:46 AM »

Tom and Jrand - Thanks for the advice on dealing with the gentleman.  I'm hoping his subsequent email means all is OK as far as he's concerned.  Lord knows I'm not the best at etiquette.  He had also felt slighted when we had a cast luncheon (after the first of the three NYMF Last Starfighter readings) and we didn't invite him because it was cast and company of the show only, without guests, which the cast and company were all fine with.  The guy's not famous, but well-connected and extremely charming and charismatic, and I sometimes assume that people who give the appearance of having it all together wouldn't be so sensitive, but apparently I'm wrong about that.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2006, 06:55:22 AM »

No one has it all together....if they do, they take it on the road. :)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2006, 06:58:02 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept very late; I had an exhausting dream involving the Petit Trianon in Versailles, Lee Radziwill, the Miami University Library, Michelangelo, several of my colleagues from the Packard Humanities Institute, and something to do with packing up and leaving school.  This dream was quite complicated, and rather like a serial.  I'm sure part of it has to do with my fear of the project's closing down, but I also think it's a mental reflection on how much I like working with my colleagues for PHI.

This afternoon, I meet friends from Atlanta for lunch, I may stop down at the office for some research info, and then I shall come back here and plan my evening festivities.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2006, 07:00:19 AM »

I am sure Lee Radziwill was a close friend of Michelangelo.  She knew EVERYBODY!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2006, 07:00:31 AM »

Off to work with no register.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »

I am sure Lee Radziwill was a close friend of Michelangelo.  She knew EVERYBODY!!!

And she married that ass Herb Ross!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2006, 07:38:36 AM »

Good Morning...

I hope... :-\

...Basically, I don't think I really slept at all last night.  By the time I got into bed, my stomach started feeling a little off.  Should I get up and take something? Should I just stay in bed and wait for it to abate?  Then when the nightclub closed across the street, and the hordes of people started coming out...  Ah, all that noise?!?!?  And there was a round of gun shots too last night... Followed by the requisite battery of police sirens... By this time it was already about 3:30.  My stomach was still feeling a little strange, but I still stayed in bed.  However, I was afraid that if actually fell asleep, I might get "sick"... and I did not want that to happen...  I remember looking at the clock and seeing it was 5:00...  I got up for a bit, got a good drink of water - I was feeling quite dehydrated...  Got back into bed... More tossing and turning... Got out of bed around 8:30... Decided I should try to get one good hour of sleep... So, I set my alarm, meditated for a bit... and then about 20 minutes later, I realized that falling back asleep was not going to happen... So, now I'm having a small bowl of cereal... I'm a bit achy...  My stomach feels better, but still a little off...  However, and this is the kicker, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I expected to be all baggy-eyed, and wan looking, instead, I look rather healthy.  Practically rested...  What the F is up with that?!?!?!?

In any case... I'm trying to figure out how to pace myself today, since I have two shows, a closing night to-do, and a New Year's Eve to-do...   However, I have already decided/realized, that I will just take care of all of my packing tomorrow.  It's not worth the extra effort right now.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2006, 07:40:09 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO OUR OZNIAN, DR TOMOVOZ AND HIS DP COLIN AND HIS DDs MAGNUS AND FOSCA!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2006, 07:41:16 AM »

Well... Now that the cereal is starting to settle and digest, I'm actually starting to feel better.  Whew!

I think some herbal tea is due next.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2006, 07:51:26 AM »

Well, I believe I will sit back and relax for a bit...

Good Morning!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »

This afternoon, I meet friends from Atlanta for lunch

I hope they're tasty!

I wonder if they know The Big Chicken? I am very close to said chicken.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2006, 07:53:26 AM »

DR Jose, I hope you continue to feel better. It would suck to feel bad on the last night. Lay low today!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2006, 07:54:49 AM »

I had "Sichuan" braised ribs in golden powder for dinner. It was yummy but I don't know if I would have it again. I'm sure it's bad for you!

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2006, 07:56:18 AM »

"Stop The World" is the only show I've ever been in. It was fun, but not something I would want to do on a regular basis. I prefer hiding in my dark little editing room.

Edisaurus

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2006, 07:59:28 AM »

I was only in it because my friend was choreographing it and my roomate and I had been in his mime class. This was the early '70's, before everyone hated mimes. My friend had studied with Marceau and was very good at mime and dance.

Edisaurus

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2006, 08:00:08 AM »

It's coffee time! See you later!

FJL

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2006, 08:11:36 AM »

An old parody:

You suck the air right out of the room
Mime
You turn a party into a tomb
Mime
You make the smiling people run screaming to the nearest exit door

[I forget the rest of it]

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2006, 08:14:42 AM »

IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! We may get 4-6 inches of snow.  When I stepped out in my pjs to get my paper, my neighbor was scraping the windshield on his car. We is also very excited that it's finally snowing..

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2006, 08:15:10 AM »

I have very ugly pjs but they are very warm

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2006, 08:16:30 AM »

The cats are loving watching the snow fall.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »

Hope you feel better Jose.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2006, 08:21:56 AM »

FJL, I agree that we should be celebrating the life of Gerry Ford and I really get the impression that we are.  I think they have to call it a National Day of Mourning because that's allowed for by statute. I don't think there's a National Day of Celebrating Life....well, not unless you get a holiday named after you.  

Our local Federal Court is not closing, even though all of the rest of them around here are.  God forbid we should change the schedule to show respect for the passing of a President.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2006, 08:28:32 AM »

Working today....our BookLog system is in trouble so it is mess.

The register at the front of the store doesn't work, so we have to make a list of the merchandise and then go to the office to ring it up and print out a receipt.  It's a mess.

Yikes, sounds almost like what I have to do at the library when the system decides to go on vacation.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2006, 08:28:52 AM »

Happy New Year Tom!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »

Hope you feel better Jose!

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2006, 08:39:54 AM »

Happy New Year Tomovoz, saw a replay of the fireworks in Sydney. Looked spectacular!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOGMANAY!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
On most every night of the year,
But tonight they celebrated HOGMANAY
And instead danced the Highland Fling!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2006, 08:47:38 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Pouring rain here.

Our trip yesterday to the Apple Store with my computer was frustrating and, ultimately, not successful.  The mall was mobbed, so DH Richard wheeled the eMac inside while I listened to the entire first act of The Magic Flute from the Met and drove around looking for a place to park.  When I finally got inside, we'd been told to come back in an hour or so.  Richard went to Panera to study and I went to Talbot's for their semi-annual sale.  I found a great coat and scarf.

When we went to retrieve my computer, we were told that we had the wrong software and given a refund and directions to a place that "might be able to help you."  For now, I've told Richard just to forget it.  My computer is now working as it always has - I just get to enjoy watching the spinning beachball more than I'd like.

On the way home, Richard told me he had a sore throat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:48:12 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2006, 08:51:34 AM »

Not to be confused with Hog Mornay, where the entire pig is served coated with a bechamel sauce that has been flavored with Parmesan and Gruyere cheeses.  And, for a dish that large, it takes a lot of Parmesan and Gruyere.  Definitely not finger food.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28   Go Up