Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE REPEATED MOTIF  (Read 24998 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE REPEATED MOTIF
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2006, 09:16:27 PM »

Some new CDs today too!

Michael Ball's "One"

and

David Campbell's new Cd ""The Swing Sessions"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2006, 09:18:41 PM »

COLD CASE tonight had a story stolen directly from BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, only in this case it was two cops in 1968 rather than two cowboy/ranchers.

I have to say that this season on various networks has had more male/male kissing than I can ever remember in years past. Seems like it isn't the taboo it once was to show this on TV.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2006, 09:20:59 PM »

and Pop music too!

The Beatles "Love" (already #2 seller here in Oz)

and for those old enough to remember:

Bobby Vee - The Singles Collection .  3 CD set from EMI (UK). Some rare and unreleased before (on CD) material.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

DEXTER had a stomach-churning episode as the Ice Truck Killer begins his final countdown to gaining Dexter's attention and respect. And, of course, friends and relatives in Dexter's circle are now the targets, so we're squirming for them constantly during the hour.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2006, 09:32:26 PM »

I'm heading on down now for bed.

Good night!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

DR George, re: your water damage.  It would seem that your neighbor would be liable for your damage.  You should definitely look into this!

Yes, we are definitely looking into this.  My mom is mad!  She's going to call the owner's insurance company to find out what's going on.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »

DR George, a gentle reminder that we still would like to see photographic evidence of your Indian do-mi-do duds!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2006, 10:09:11 PM »

Busy day today! The weather was nice so I felt the need to clean up the yard a bit...and then I cleaned up the living room, which was much messier then the yard.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2006, 10:13:53 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2006, 10:14:06 PM »

Am now watching # 2 Bollywood movie of the weekend KAAGAZ KE PHOOL (1959) starring Guru Dutt and Waheeda Rehman.

What a wonderful film this one is! Story of a married film director who slowly begins to fall in love with the young lady who he has made into a star.

I am only half way though it but I smell tragedy already!

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2006, 10:17:44 PM »

Has anyone ever seen a film called "The Minx"? I bought the soundtrack months ago (by The Cyrkle---very '60's) but just got around to listening to it while I was cleaning today.

I get the feeling it could be quite....lurid.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2006, 10:19:03 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

I've gotta go drop off an invoice for my DH who is under the weather.

BBL...

Edisaurus

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2006, 10:20:14 PM »

BK, tell Merrill I'd love to take her out for coffee when she's in Atlanta and hear about the show, since I can't go!

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2006, 10:20:22 PM »

Good news about those packages BK.
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2006, 10:20:58 PM »

I should have prefaced that with "please". I didn't mean to order you around!

George

« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2006, 10:21:27 PM »

DR George, a gentle reminder that we still would like to see photographic evidence of your Indian do-mi-do duds!

Oh, that's right. ::) Well...pictures haven't been taken yet.  I'll try to get some during this weekend's performances.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2006, 10:23:07 PM »

Is it just me or is the HHW clock off by an entire hour?  I posted my last post at 9:19 (according to my computer clock) and the HHW clock said 10:21:27.  

George

« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2006, 10:24:34 PM »

So happy to hear that your show is going well, DR George. Since one doesn't get paid for these performances, it's nice when the audience appreciates what you're doing.

Thanks!  Today's audience was a little smaller than last night, but they did like it and showed their appreciation at curtain call time. :)

George

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2006, 10:25:27 PM »

Good morning, all!  I'm  fighting a cold, which I think was given to me by Mr Tom Murray, who's currently the MD for the new Ahrens-Flaherty musical going up in Pittsburgh in March (?).  

A new show by Ahrens and Flaherty??  What's it about?  I love their music and shows!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2006, 10:30:28 PM »

I was wondering that too DR George.  I was going to check their Web site.  Is Dessa Rose now dead and buried I wonder.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2006, 10:32:24 PM »

I have a question for all the Kimlets and Hainsies:

What is the most practical Christmas gift you've ever recieved?  

Socks and underwear. :P

;)

George

« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2006, 10:35:43 PM »

I was wondering that too DR George.  I was going to check their Web site.  Is Dessa Rose now dead and buried I wonder.

I don't know about Dessa Rose, but their website says, "Their newest musical, The Glorious Ones, will premiere at the Pittsburgh Public Theatre in April, 2007."

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2006, 10:37:07 PM »

Just checked that too George.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »

I'll mention it to Merrill.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2006, 10:40:08 PM »

I'm having a real 60s night at the movies tonight.

MBarnum

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2006, 10:42:18 PM »

I love The Cyrkle, DR Edisaurus...I may have to check that out.

FJL

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2006, 10:44:04 PM »

Tomovoz -  Dessa Rose apparently just got a major production at Theatreworks in Palo Alto, California, USA.  

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2006, 10:44:47 PM »

hehe, usually I stay awake to post on page one, but seeing as i have a sudddenly tyranical, er i mean caring,  mother, I will be in bed soon.

OH my, shopping for Bruce's birthday present was a very interesting experience. After his almost absolute lack of help, I was left standing in the middle of the Macy's mens department feeling like a stranger in a strange land.  There were so many colors of the same style of shirt my head was spinning! My mother was hoving and hurrying me to make a decision so I could go home and do homework, but I searched until I found something I thought was nice.

Did you know that companys purposfully place the men's department on the ground level floor because researchers found that men are more inclined to go into the store on their own if they do not have to go out of their way to get there. I think that is funny...

YAY it's the last few days before the show!!! These days are always my favorite because of the excitement an costumes and stress, it's just the best part!!!

I listened to all my broadway cd's today to get me through my math homework, It was a very productive day I must say.

Have a good monday everyone!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

FJL

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2006, 10:51:38 PM »

Looking forward to the California trip.  I realized I haven't linked Skip's plane ticket to his frequent flier number and am assuming it's not too late to do that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:52:19 PM by FJL »

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2006, 10:52:08 PM »

Thanks FJL.  I've had the Cd here for so long and not really given it a good listen!

I'm very fond of "A Man Of No Importance"
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up