Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS!  (Read 35123 times)

Cillaliz

Re:FIREWORKS!
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2007, 03:50:16 PM »

Again:  It's Freddy the dog, Freddie the HHW poster - get it straight, so to speak :)

Isn't Freddy the cat and Bosco the dog?

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2007, 03:58:45 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2007, 04:02:12 PM »

And the Philadelphia area is currently under a tornado watch!  I hope today isn't the day my dreams come true!

So is it hot as hell in Phila del phia?

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »

It's certainly a lazy day around here. I was invited to a 4th of July party that I declined (26 miles away). I ate turkey for lunch in the spirit of 1776 (well, it would have been the national bird if Ben Franklin had had his way).

And I have had several enjoyed telephone conversations.

Is eating the almost national bird really a way to celebrate?  ;)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Weather Forces National Mall Evacuation

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:33:50
WASHINGTON (July 4) - Severe weather brought a tornado warning to Washington's suburbs Wednesday, prompting authorities to evacuate thousands of people gathered at the National Mall for a holiday concert and fireworks.

Officers on foot, on bicycles and on horses used megaphones to order the crowds to go into nearby buildings as the sky turned dark and winds picked up, authorities said.

Families packed their blankets and streamed off the grassy area that was to host a concert by the National Symphony Orchestra and fireworks viewing a few hours later.

Authorities said the evening's activities would continue as planned, and expected the crowds to be allowed background 7:30 p.m. once rain, lightning and hail cleared out.

The evacuated crowds would have to pass back through the checkpoints to get into the area.

The scene was reminiscent of last year, when a severe storm hit the Mall at about the same time and sent people fleeing. Crowds have reached 500,000 people or more in the past.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, it is awful feeling like someone might be watching you.

it is... somehow you find a new safespot and you go from there. Not an easy journey to say the least.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2007, 04:27:06 PM »

The psychosexual problems of the "head writer" is all over this moronic piece of crap show.  Does he ever put both feet on the ground? His writing's an insult to police procedure, the legal system, gays and transgendered people, good writing, and logic.

denigrates women, the catholic church and anything his demented mind can find.  The headwriter of Passions that is. Thank god it will be going to direct tv in September.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »

I happened to pop into A CHORUS LINE last night for a few minutes to see my friend, Jessica, go on as Sheila for the first time. So far, she's also gone on for Judy, Maggie, and Diana Morales. She said she was terrified last night, but you couldn't tell from her performance. I only stayed for "At the Ballet" and "Sing," but it was fantastic to see her go on. She and I did THE MUSIC MAN together in Louisville about 7 years ago - she was Zaneeta...I was the Quartet tenor (!) - and during sound check, she'd walk out and sing "Red Hot Mama" and dedicate it to me. :) Now she's on Broadway, where she belongs. Yay for Jessica!!

That's a great story, Jason!  Someday (and soon, I'm sure) you'll be there, too! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2007, 04:28:28 PM »

Guess I'll wander over to the partay and see if it has indeed begun.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »

Page 7 Dance:

Matt AShford will be playing Thomas Jefferson in 1776 in Sacramento for their Music Circus.

George

« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2007, 04:30:45 PM »

Does any DR make a habit of watching 1776 every July 4th?

My family switches off every other year with "1776" and "Independence Day."  This year, it's supposed to be "1776" but my DVD is packed away in my garage. :( My niece doesn't like the musical, so she tends to be a little pouty when we watch it...to bad for her, I say. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »

Ben, I vaguely remember Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2007, 04:35:23 PM »

I remember seeing the movie musical version of 1776 years ago I but would love to find a copy of it again. Methinks I will have to do a search on amazon or one of the DVD sites that RLP has suggested.

George

« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2007, 04:42:15 PM »

Yesterday, I wrote:
Are you "a low-down, cheap saloon singer?"

Name that musical!

So, DR George...I'm dying of curiosity...name that musical!

I've never seen the show, but it's a line from The Song of Singapore...I love this recording!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »

Found a graphic to share...

George

« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

I remember seeing the movie musical version of 1776 years ago I but would love to find a copy of it again. Methinks I will have to do a search on amazon or one of the DVD sites that RLP has suggested.

It was released on DVD a few years ago.  It's still available from just about any on-line retailer. :)

George

« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »

A question for MATTH (or any other DR):

Have you seen the made-for-TV TOPPER DVDs from the 1950's? I always loved the series--yes, I love ghost stories--and am currently watching the TOPPER movies. I'd like to purchase the TV version, but one Amazon reviewer said the copy was poor. I'd like a DR opinion.

I bought a two-VHS tape set...the script for one episode was (co-?)written by Stephen Sondheim...yes, THE Stephen Sondheim!  I don't think it wasn't "remastered" or anything like that, but it sure was watchable.  

George

« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2007, 04:46:37 PM »

Well, now that I've caught up with all the posts, it's time for me to get back to the visiting.  But before I go, the only thing left to do is click HERE!!

;D

Michael

« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »

I also saw RATATOIULLE today and I thought it was excellent. great script and dialogue. Special kudos to Peter O'Toole for his work. Highly recommend it. At teh showing I was at the ages ranged from youngsters to senior citizens. I fell somewhere in between.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »

so, for ask bk day:

bk, did you have a real-life car accident, such as happened to teen-aged Benjamin Kritzer in the third installment of the trilogy?

And it was my sister's car he was driving.

Jane

« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »

TCB, Thank you for the detailed Phantom report.  It sounds like the show we had expected, and wish we had seen.

I enjoyed your charming story of meeting Brent.

Michael

« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2007, 04:55:52 PM »

TCB, DR Sandra had been a fan of Jason Graae since we bought the CD of Forever Plaid after seeing a local production. Someone let me know that he was doing a concert at UCLA, and without telling her, I bought tickets and kept the secret for two months. I packed a suitcase for her, and got her into the car one Saturday morning with the promise of a Krispy Kreme doughnut. We got lost on the way to Krispy Kreme and ended up in LA. She didn't know where we were going until we got there.  Jason Graae always comes out into the lobby after concerts and meets anyone who wishes to speak to him. I dragged our shy DR to him and introduced his best fan to him. He was very very nice and quite touched that we drove so far to see him perform. He sent her a handwritten note and an autographed photo and said to keep in touch. A couple years later , when he had a show at the Cinegrill, we came to see him, and he said that David Engel (Smudge) and Bruce Kimmel were in the audience and introduced us to them both.

We met Jason seven years, eight months, and five days ago, according to DR Sandra. We met BK in August of 2001 while he was still at the label we never mention by name. Said label's site used to have live chats, and BK remembered me from some of the chats.

My, that was a rambling story.

Tell Sandra to go and see my JASON GRAAE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3pCNyt95ees
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »

DR MBARNUM mentioned Freddie....but no mention of Bosco....have I missed something?

Yes, but I expect you know that by now.

I attempted to read & post earlier today, until I was distracted by phones calls from our children. :)

Jane

« Reply #263 on: July 04, 2007, 04:59:32 PM »

I think DR CASON doing a tribute to Lucille Ball with his makeup for CABARET is an inspired decision!!!  Kudos!  :o

;D

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »

My family switches off every other year with "1776" and "Independence Day."  This year, it's supposed to be "1776" but my DVD is packed away in my garage. :( My niece doesn't like the musical, so she tends to be a little pouty when we watch it...to bad for her, I say. ;)

I love this musical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Good Evening!

-And I'm wondering if the fireworks will end up getting cancelled tonight here in NYC.  I know they're still holding off on the ones down in DC.  I think.  In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »

Then who's Bosco?

A very sweet good boy we had the pleasure of hiking with.  MBarnum also joined us. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 05:43:28 PM by Jane »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »

First of all, Thank You for all the Vibes.  I'm sure they are what helped to keep my blood pressure down and nerves at bay this afternoon.  My debut show on Keyboard 2 for ACL went well, and relatively smooth.  However, there is a reason they call them "accidentals".  C-natural, F-Sharp and E-natural to be exact.  ;D

I'm back on this weekend for both matinees, and, now that I've got those first show nerves out of the way, Saturday should go a bit smoother, and less stress-y.  And by then, I should be able to "be the harp" - those glissandos are currently the bane of my existence.  However, everyone else who plays Key 2 has the same "issues", so that's a comfort.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2007, 05:15:42 PM »

Currently, there are a few friends over here for food and drinks and board games, so, I guess I should attend to my guests.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #269 on: July 04, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »

JMK- I sent you an email.

Michael S, nice job on the Jason YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up