Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS!  (Read 34898 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:FIREWORKS!
« Reply #390 on: July 04, 2007, 09:13:42 PM »

DR Jason - Have you Shook things up yet?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #391 on: July 04, 2007, 09:14:37 PM »

Mpls is a three and a half hour drive  from Fargo

You're right! Jogged my memory. I lived in Frazee, right by Detroit Lakes, which is just an hour away from Moorehead, for about 5 years. Then moved to Minneapolis for 15 years or so...
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

3DDiffusion

« Reply #392 on: July 04, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »

Where did you live in Minnesota?  I'm from Iowa

Mostly in Minneapolis.
---Edna Mode

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #393 on: July 04, 2007, 09:16:51 PM »

And DR Jason - If you did Ms. Neuwirth's performance earlier tonight from the grounds of the Capitol...  Well, I'm sure you'll be able to find it on YouTube sometime tomorrow.  I think you would "appreciate" it.  -Although, I think some of the PBS channels are rebroadcasting it right now, so...

Make Your Own Luck.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #394 on: July 04, 2007, 09:17:27 PM »

DR 3DDiffusion - Which part of Virginia are you in?  Richmond was my homebase for a number of years after college - I went to VCU, and I grew up in NoVa (Arlington and Fairfax).  But I also had friends at UVa and VaTech, so I spent some time in Charlottesville and Blacksburg, as well as some time at Virginia Stage in Norfolk.  Oh, and, of course, shopping at the outlet malls in Williamsburg, Potomac Mills and Leesburg.

Small world. Or large board! I'm in Hampton.
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #395 on: July 04, 2007, 09:17:53 PM »

You're right! Jogged my memory. I lived in Frazee, right by Detroit Lakes, which is just an hour away from Moorehead, for about 5 years. Then moved to Minneapolis for 15 years or so...

Been to Frazee adn Detroit Lakes many times... DL is a great place to go on a warm summer day. There is also a meat shoppe that makes the best bratwursts...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »

They widening and rebuiling Highway 10 From just east of Detroit Lakes to Moorhead.  OH JOY!!  it needs to be done though
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jason

« Reply #397 on: July 04, 2007, 09:19:27 PM »

DR Jason - Have you Shook things up yet?  ;)

I have not yet. Keep on me about that so I don't forget. When do I see you next?

I didn't get to see Ms. Neuwirth tonight...we were on my friend's roof watching the fireworks, which was ah-mah-zing.

Tell Jimmy hi for me. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2007, 09:19:57 PM »

I know a gal from a soapboard who is in Norfolk

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »

It is almost 9:30 p.m. and still 106F.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #400 on: July 04, 2007, 09:28:17 PM »

That is warm!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #401 on: July 04, 2007, 09:28:39 PM »

Small world. Or large board! I'm in Hampton.

Just plain ole Hampton? Or Hampton-Rhoads?

-So, have they finished I-64 yet?!?!?!?!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #402 on: July 04, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »

Stephen Nathan it is.  In one of the Paramount press sheets for Mr. Nathan it says - From Jesus to Nudie - since Mr. Nathan originated the role of Jesus in Godspell.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #403 on: July 04, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

Well, I'm going to attempt to get to "class" tomorrow with Baayork, so, I best get some sleep.  And soon.  I'm only in rehearsal from 10:00-Noon, and then I have a coaching with "our favorite waiter", and that's my day tomorrow.  Which, hopefully, means I can come back to the apartment tomorrow afternoon and finally clear all the mail and papers that have been accumulating on my desk over the past week.

Well, since I need to be up and about in eight hours...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #404 on: July 04, 2007, 09:33:15 PM »

Oh... I meant...

Goodnight.

-Guess I am tired.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #405 on: July 04, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »

Pleasant dreams DR Jose!

Jason

« Reply #406 on: July 04, 2007, 10:29:24 PM »

I see DR Sandra lurking about...

HI, SANDRA!!!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #407 on: July 04, 2007, 10:35:33 PM »

HI, JASON!!!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #408 on: July 04, 2007, 11:03:45 PM »

For the 4th of July I went to my hairdressers home ( only a few blocks from the home of our dear BK ) to watch the fireworks at CBS studio. Also with us was a lady who graduated Hamilton the same year as our dear BK and remembered him.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #409 on: July 04, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »

Earlier, someone mentioned the young man in 1776 who was just starting to sing Mama, Look Sharp.  If that someone had looked sharp said someone would have realized said young man's connection to this here site.

My sister and I started to watch "1776" on TCM at about the 40 minute mark and I told her this bit of information (the young man's connection to this here site) when that song started and she said, "He made that kind of a movie?"  I then explained what kind of a movie it really was and who else was in it and then she said, "Cindy Williams made that kind of a movie??" ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:25:34 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #410 on: July 04, 2007, 11:27:42 PM »

Well, even though it's only about 11:30 on this fine July 4th, I'm going to bed.  Tomorrow is a work day and I have many errands to run at lunch time and I want to get my time in.  So, I'm Wussburgering and saying good night.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #411 on: July 04, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »

Good night.

George

« Reply #412 on: July 04, 2007, 11:28:25 PM »

There.  I've said it and I'm glad.

;D

George

« Reply #413 on: July 04, 2007, 11:32:40 PM »

But before I go...I'll show the two pictures that I took (and I'm lucky that I remembered to take any at all ::)).

Here's my dad (his name is George) and his sister (my aunt) who is a Sister...Sister Cecelia:

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:35:51 PM by George »

George

« Reply #414 on: July 04, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »

And here's Sister Cecelia showing our dessert...Patriotic Shortcake!  Scones with strawberries (red), whipped cream (white) and blueberries (blue)!  It was all quite delish!  And the gentleman sitting behind Sister Cecelia is (here's the whole path) my sister's daughter's father's sister's husband. :)

George

« Reply #415 on: July 04, 2007, 11:36:41 PM »

And NOW I'm going to sleep!  Good night, all!!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #416 on: July 04, 2007, 11:45:30 PM »

Good night, everybody!

UNDERPANTS!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up