Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE GRECIAN URN  (Read 76499 times)

Cillaliz

Re:ONE GRECIAN URN
« Reply #480 on: January 07, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »

Three years ago, my sister, jhvw's mom, gave me 2 cement cats for Christmas. I immediately gave them to Paul to paint as Callie and Nilla. Well he finally got around to doing them and delivered them today in a box marked "Free Kittens"

Cillaliz

« Reply #481 on: January 07, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »

Boo was feeling left out, so she posed for this shot

Cillaliz

« Reply #482 on: January 07, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »

Page 17 ....How about a Bunny hop, the cats would love to see that

Cillaliz

« Reply #483 on: January 07, 2007, 01:59:37 PM »

When Shirley Jones got to "Being in Love," and I do prefer "My White Knight" in its various permutations, I thought about the story of Meredith Willson's mother in his book on the show (Why isn't that great book in print?) BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW THE TERRITORY.

I love My White Knight....oops. I'm starting to sound like a fan of the show....

What the heck, you're welcome, glad to have you with us, even though we may not ever mention it again

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #484 on: January 07, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »

My son and I are going for a walk. Perhaps there will be a photo when I return.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #485 on: January 07, 2007, 02:04:47 PM »

I'm almost to 6200. Not that it's a milepost, but it's a reason to post a few mindless posts

Cillaliz

« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »

FJL, cool about the taxes being almost done.  Now that I'm an employee again, I just use Turbo Tax. I bought it today and plan to do as much as I can over the MLK holiday weekend.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »

Was Sarah Jessica Parker playing Annie when the show closed in January, 1983?  If so, DH Richard and I might have seen her, and Harve Presnell (be still, my heart) as Daddy Warbucks, when we were in NYC for the week between Christmas 1982 and New Year's 1983.  Unfortunately, I cannot find my Playbills from the 8 shows we saw in those 7 days, so cannot verify my hunch.

No, she wasn't Annie when the show closed. She was Annie #3 according to that documentary. There was a fourth Annie on that documentary, so I'm assuming she was the one who was with the show when it closed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Michael

« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »

Excuse me if this was mentioned, but I don't feel like going through 17 pages to see if it was because probably half through I will forgotten what I was looking for.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2007, 02:09:10 PM »

Today I stocked up my little refrigeratior under my desk at work.  I case of bottled water and a 12 pack of diet coke all fit in it.   I also stocked up on my microwavable soups and oyster crackers.  

So the office is clean, files organized, shredding shredded, fridge stocked, miscellaneous bureaucratic nonsence completed....cool beans. What a great way to start the year.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2007, 02:09:45 PM »

When I first got the cast recording to THE MUSIC MAN, I played "My White Knight" constantly. It has always been my favorite song from the show, so you can imagine how upset I was when "Being in Love" was used in the movie.

I've always heard that the parts of "My White Knight" that aren't a part of "Being in Love" were actually written by Frank Loesser (who was one of the producers of the original Broadway show), and that Willson rewrote those parts so the entire score would be by him. Any truth to this?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #491 on: January 07, 2007, 02:10:04 PM »

Excuse me if this was mentioned, but I don't feel like going through 17 pages to see if it was because probably half through I will forgotten what I was looking for.

You're excused if you tell us what "this" is  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2007, 02:11:18 PM »

we're almost to 500...already!

Cillaliz

« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »

And this should be the totally meaningless post 6200

Cillaliz

« Reply #494 on: January 07, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »

After reading the early posts today - I went to Village Inn (we don't have a Waffle House) and had eggs, bacon, hash browns and pancaked for lunch.  It was tasty

Michael

« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2007, 02:12:58 PM »

I forgot to mention what I wanted to mention. I remember reading that Elaine May also contributed to the script of Tootsie. I haven't seen the movie in a while but I remember there were bits that were uniquely her.

Also writer/director Barry Levinison also had a hand in it.

And one more thing wasn't the original script's (which became so far removed from the final version) also given screen credit?
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I don't recall them being mentioned earlier today

Cillaliz

« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2007, 02:14:25 PM »

I liked the movie Tootsie

FJL

« Reply #498 on: January 07, 2007, 02:14:33 PM »

Cilla - Thanks.  I'm very happy about not putting off preparing my taxes this year.  It's been many years since I haven't gone on extension, and I'm hoping everything comes through from outside sources so that I won't have to extend this year.

Skip's return is also about 90% done - just slotting in some minor additional info as it comes in towards the end of the month, or at the very l;astest by the end of February.

Michael

« Reply #499 on: January 07, 2007, 02:15:24 PM »

When I first got the cast recording to THE MUSIC MAN, I played "My White Knight" constantly. It has always been my favorite song from the show, so you can imagine how upset I was when "Being in Love" was used in the movie.

I've always heard that the parts of "My White Knight" that aren't a part of "Being in Love" were actually written by Frank Loesser (who was one of the producers of the original Broadway show), and that Willson rewrote those parts so the entire score would be by him. Any truth to this?

I think this was discussed some time ago. The version I heard that Wilson and Loesser had a falling out and Loesser wouldn't allow the song to be used in the film.

None of these are true it turns out.

A new song was added so that it might get an Oscar nomination. Simple as that.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #500 on: January 07, 2007, 02:15:54 PM »

Well, duh!  Who doesn't? The Matthew Broderick version should be sold in rolls in your grocery's toilet paper aisle.
Not in MY grocery's toilet paper aisle.  We's a classy joint, we is!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #501 on: January 07, 2007, 02:17:51 PM »

Cilla - Thanks.  I'm very happy about not putting off preparing my taxes this year.  It's been many years since I haven't gone on extension, and I'm hoping everything comes through from outside sources so that I won't have to extend this year.

Skip's return is also about 90% done - just slotting in some minor additional info as it comes in towards the end of the month, or at the very l;astest by the end of February.

I used to wait until March when I was in private practice and always owed money.  Since I became an employee again and the gov't takes so much in withholding, I have gotten refunds every year, so I do them in January and file them as soon as the final docs come in so I know I have the right figures.  

Michael

« Reply #502 on: January 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »

I started this past weekend doing some video editing. And one of the things I did was do a music video of Disneyland as recorded by Jodi Benson and produced by BK. I pulled the photos from the internet so not all are top notch. But I think I have taken to this program rather quickly. I am going to see if I can post it so everyone can see it.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #503 on: January 07, 2007, 02:19:39 PM »

Next weekend I'll wade through all the bills and receipts I've shoved drawers over the past year and sort them out.  Not the most efficient, but it works

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #504 on: January 07, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »

Today I stocked up my little refrigeratior under my desk at work.  I case of bottled water and a 12 pack of diet coke all fit in it.   I also stocked up on my microwavable soups and oyster crackers.  

So the office is clean, files organized, shredding shredded, fridge stocked, miscellaneous bureaucratic nonsence completed....cool beans. What a great way to start the year.
I can hear it now.  "Excuse me, Cilla, but do you have the brief on that bottled water case handy?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #505 on: January 07, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »

I can hear it now.  "Excuse me, Cilla, but do you have the brief on that bottled water case handy?"

;D ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #506 on: January 07, 2007, 02:21:40 PM »

Or, I have to go to the doctor right away, I have a bad case of bottled water

Cillaliz

« Reply #507 on: January 07, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »

Ok that was really bad, but I tried

Tomovoz

« Reply #508 on: January 07, 2007, 02:23:20 PM »

Catching up will take a while!  When I last checked DRs RLP and Jose were posting about hash browns, sausages and hash browns.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #509 on: January 07, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »

Well I'm off to do...something.  Think I'll figure out what to cook for dinner. I'm not hungry yet, but it may require another trip to the store
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Up