Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A STATE  (Read 31198 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:IN A STATE
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2005, 08:31:02 PM »

I only got a bit over six hours of sleep last night, so I think I better be thinking of heading for bed myself.

More tomorrow. Good night.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2005, 08:34:47 PM »

Page 7 Dance!!!

Astaire with the always wonderful Vera-Ellen. . . .

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

And now, good night for real!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2005, 08:50:19 PM »

Good evening, fellow Dear Readers. Today we worked on the parking lot.  It was hot outside.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 08:55:52 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jason

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2005, 08:57:21 PM »

The best response would be for Jason to write an e-mail in response, to the uber-supervisor, explaining his actions in as non-emotional language as he can.  If I were Jason, I would not even mention his direct supervisor, except to explain that he was taking the initiative to stop an inflamitory situation early, rather than let it continue further and disrupt the corporate structure.  I would appologize for any impropriety the action I'd taken, and ask for advice as to what action should be taken, should the situation arise at a later date.

In other words, I would remain a cool, cool, considerate man.  And I'd leave it to the ubersupervisor to decide what action needed to be taken next.

DR SWW: Thanks for your support! Actually, thank you ALL for your support. It's nice to know that others are in my corner. Honestly, I don't care what my ubersupervisor thinks anymore. Let him fire me as far as I'm concerned. At least I'd get unemployment if they let me go. I'm ready to leave there. In fact, if my bonus had been what we all thought it would be, I'd have put in my notice already. Let 'em fire me - I really don't care anymore.

I walked into my living room a few minutes ago and noticed how beatiful the moonlight was. Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was just the lighting rigs for a movie that's being shot on the roof of the school across the street.

I know many of you may not have ever seen a movie location, so I thought I'd take a picture and show you. I hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:11:59 PM by Jason »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2005, 09:45:57 PM »

DR Jason - Cool pic!

*Maybe you can get some good treats from the craft service trailer.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2005, 09:49:18 PM »

BB6:

All my life is just despair...and I do care....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2005, 09:52:17 PM »

DRs JOSE and JRAND5(5):

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:30 PM »

The evening is beautiful in Oakland.  The fog is hovering over San Francisco (I can see it across the bay) and will roll in in the wee hours...on cat's feet.

It's currently F 65 degrees but should get down to F48 degrees.

Warming trend starts tomorrow.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2005, 09:58:36 PM »

After playing the auditions, I then headed down to the West Village to meet up with Tom and Curtis, a.k.a. Mizer and Moore, a.k.a. the writers of Triangle.  Lisa, our leading lady, met us there, and we proceeded to lay down a few tracks.  We got all four songs done in about three hours.  Not bad at all.  We recorded them "live" with me playing as Lisa was singing.  There were a few places we had to do some punches, but, all in all, the final versions should be composed of some pretty long takes - and Curtis will be "sweetening" up the sound with some additional instruments later on.

And, for once, I was actually not nervous in the studio - which I usually am.  *I think I was still dealing with the "shock" of playing for Larry Fuller just a few hours before.

**And I have to say that even after playing the show a few times before, those chord changes in the bridge of the rock and roll section of "Oh, What A Circus" come fast and furious!  -And are hard to read too!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2005, 10:00:10 PM »

Have done a bit of tossing out of things this evening...three huge bags full of stuff and a lot of broken-down boxes.

I find that, more and more, things I've clung to over the years mean very little to me now.

I'm not throwing out anything of true value, mind you....and nothing of sentimental value, either.  Just "stuff."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2005, 10:01:06 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR JoseSPiano![/move]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:03:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2005, 10:01:22 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to DR JRand55![/move]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:03:37 PM by Ron Pulliam »

François de Paris

« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2005, 10:03:41 PM »

So...Italy is not a part of Europe any more???

::)

Last time I checked... it still was, even though, as i mentioned a few days ago, it seems that Paris has been "invaded" by Italians lately! So, maybe something has happened! ;-)

Oh... good answers to Jason's troubles! I quite agree! Jason should follow your suggestions!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2005, 10:09:06 PM »

Of course I was kind!  How could I not be?

What movie had the line: "He's every kind"?

Jason

« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2005, 10:12:55 PM »

They continue to adjust (and add to) the lighting. And keep in mind that it's 1:15am here. They're lighting up the whole neighborhood. The light is spilling into every window in the apartment, including my bedroom window which is at the back end of the building!

And I don't know they managed it, but t I haven't heard a single train go by since they started setting up their lights. How'd they get that lucky?

Still haven't figured out if it's a movie or if it's Law and Order. If you look reeeeeealy closely (you'd have to have superhuman eyesight), on the left hand side you can see a clothesline stretched across the roof. That's part of the set dressing. The roof on which they are filming is non-residential. It's part of a school building.

Here's a little bit better picture...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:21:15 PM by Jason »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2005, 10:13:08 PM »

Have a lovely long weekend!  I hope the doctor says things to you like

"My what a healthy speciman"

and

"You're HOW OLD?! My goodness, you have the body of a man half your age"

and

"NURSE! No charge, This checkup is on me, it was a privledge to see you"

What he said was:

"Before we got into the results of your labs, I have to say you look terrific."

"Something is very much agreeing with you."

Then we talked about low good cholesterol and some border-line bad cholesterol and a few other things that folks my age get used to hearing...especially about the cutting back here, and exercising there.

And I can deal...and do...!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2005, 10:22:06 PM »

...And after the recording session, we headed over to Florent in the Meat Packing District for a wonderful dinner.  Their treat!  :)

I had the chicken roulade - very good!  Stuffed with mushrooms, spinach and fontina.  And some very good mashed potatoes and green beans on the side as well.  Very cool place.

*My favorite notation on the menu: "We are pleased to only accept CASH.  Thank you for dining with us."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:22:37 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2005, 10:24:33 PM »

DRs Jason and Ron Pulliam - Thank you for the Birthday Greetings.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2005, 10:25:02 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to my birthday twin, DR JRand55!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2005, 10:26:58 PM »

And speaking of birthdays...

On the way back from dinner, I went ahead and stopped at Magnolia Bakery for a couple of treats.  A small banana pudding, four cupcakes, and a slice of the Buttermilk Chocolate Cake.  The banana pudding was sooo good.  And  the cake was good too.  As for the cupcakes, I brought those home for my roomies.  They enjoyed them too.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

And before I forget...  This is the plan for now...

Tomorrow/Today/Tonight, Friday, August 26
La Cocina
217 W 85th Street (between Broadway and Amsterdam - take the 1 or the 9 to 86th)
I'm thinking we should get there a little after 7:30.  Very casual.  Not a party-party, just a chance to catch up with some friends.  I may end up asking for a table in the restaurant area by the bar, or I may just "float".  We'll just have to see what the neighborhood crowd is like when we get there.  Will probably disband from there around 10:00.

Then...

Being the theatre queen that I am, I want to head down to Don't Tell Mama's.  Convene around there around 11:00.  Again, very casual.  And if it happens to be open mic, who knows, I might even sing!  *And you ain't heard nothing until you've heard me sing after a margarita or two (or three).  That's good stuff!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2005, 10:39:22 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely dinner with the Jones's.  Must now write the notes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2005, 11:04:54 PM »

OH!..  And it looks like I may be Music Directing one of the shows in the New York Music Theatre Festival.  I'm meeting with the producer in the morning.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2005, 11:05:20 PM »

And since I have that meeting in the morning...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2005, 11:35:59 PM »

Happy B-Day, Jrand!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2005, 11:55:01 PM »

I'm back from the Seattle Storm basketball game.  They won!  They're in the playoffs and could win the whole thing again!  They won the WNBA championship last year.  Anyway, I have to take my niece to another game on Saturday.  That's two days out of three that I have to drive up to Seattle. :P My niece had better give me some more gas money.  She gave me a little today, but not enough to make two trips possible...or worth it. ;) Just had to share. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2005, 11:57:11 PM »

Can we make it to page 8??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2005, 12:00:32 AM »

Oh, at every home game, they have kind of a lottery where if your ticket/seat number is chosen, you get to go to a signing with a couple of the Storm players after the game.  My niece's ticket won!  Two of the players were down near the floor and we all were in line on the steps heading down towards the floor and my niece got these two players' autographs and pictures with them!  One of the things that my niece got signed was a picture that I took last year, so now I have two autographs of the four people in the picture.  There's still hope that I can get the last two before the end of the season.

George

« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2005, 12:01:15 AM »

One more just for the heck of it...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up