Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE END OF THE WEEK IS NIGH  (Read 17763 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE END OF THE WEEK IS NIGH
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2005, 02:11:45 PM »

I was going to guess MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG as bk's best selling cast recording, but the correct answer wasn't really a surprise. There are other recordings of DOLLY and THE KING AND I vying for attention with the ones he produced, but I LOVE YOU, et al is unique.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »

I always cringe a little bit when a theater person calls a cast recording a "soundtrack." I expect them to know better, but so many people make this mistake.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »

Far too many make that mistake, Matt. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2005, 02:21:59 PM »

I've listened to parts of Dennis Cleaveland:  An Opera by Mikel Rouse and I only have one thing to say:

:P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2005, 02:26:21 PM »

Off to dinner and then to see Ms. Somers. God save us all!

George

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2005, 02:29:37 PM »

It reminds me of Phillip (or Philip) Glass, not that I've heard a lot of Glass.  But it just doesn't grab me...at all.  I don't think that I will ever have to listen to this CD, even to finish it.

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2005, 02:32:52 PM »

DR Ginny, don't know if you have ever seen it before, but it is a darn funny movie!
And from OZ!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2005, 02:32:58 PM »

I must now cleanse my aural palette and listen to the original Broadway cast recording of The Unsinkable Molly Brown (which I've never heard before) with the wonderful Tammy Grimes!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2005, 02:34:12 PM »

SWW good puppy vibes!

Ann-GOOD VIBES FOR THE NEW POSITION!  I hope things work out the best for the Sugar Gliders.  I know giving them up won't be easy.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2005, 02:36:49 PM »

Jose I don’t believe we ever had problems with our gerbils teeth, or their biting.  They were real sweethearts named Frisco and Ditto.

George congratulations on your roommate’s news.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2005, 02:44:21 PM »

I hope DR Jason will entertain us with reflections on Ms. Somers' opus. Will urban legends spring up around this show as they have around CARRIE, KELLY, and LEGS DIAMOND?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 02:44:49 PM by Matt H. »

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2005, 03:23:39 PM »

Re: Suzanne Somers' show

She did a number from She Loves Me on Regis & Kelly a few weeks ago.  It was sort of amusing.

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2005, 03:26:09 PM »

This is for DR RonP re: BIG BROTHER.

You mentioned that James and Kaysar had a conversation last night that was not on the live feeds.

Was this it? (this is John from canoe's accounts):

Kaysar tells James that his ideal situation was to work with James to tear up the house. James tells Kaysar he shouldn't align himself with Janelle. Kaysar replies he has no choice. Kaysar can't trust anything Eric says. James: He is the Alpha male in the house and the others have no will power. James says Ivette has a plan that would create a level playing field for Kaysar. Kaysar says he bases his decisions on logic and not emotion. That is why he likes James so much. James: I see Rachel and Howie as a dangerous combo. They are a big threat.

Kaysar: I want you to know this. We are friends but we are standing on different sides of the fence. This is why this is a critical point. It is very tell-tale about where we are heading into the future. There is like a Berlin Wall between us. James compares his and Kaysar's relationship to how others played cards in the house and chatted. Nobody suspected them. Kaysar tells James that Howie wants him up. I believe he is working with Rachel now. They are dangerous. James: ...because nobody would expect. Kaysar: The game is changing. All couples are being exposed. It all makes sense.

Kaysar says that there is just James and Sarah left. James replies that they put him and Sarah into the house to see if they would start a romance. She is his type. James: Remember, they had 20 alternates. Kaysar says it doesn't add up. James: It is the Summer of Secrets. It could be anything. James: I promise. I wouldn't screw you. Kaysar: My strategy is if we don't have trust, we have nothing. James: I told you, I would trust you when Mike was gone. James says Mike is still ruining Kaysar's game because of Janelle.

Kaysar says he is going to vouch for James. Kaysar: I am going to put my butt on the line. I have been driving this ship with Janelle and Howie. Howie is answering to Rachel as well. This is a risk I am willing to take. Kaysar: I feel like I know what I am doing. I am not going to put you up. I was going to put you against Maggie but I am not. James: I don't need, Eric. He has fumbled the last two competitions. He is all talk. Kaysar: A true leader leads by example. He doesnt have to point it out. He tried to make a deal with me. James: They don't realize there are other tandums here. They are idiots.

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »

DR Jennifer, Stuart, and RLP, it will certainly be interesting to see who Kaysar does choose to put up for eviction!

I hope it isn't Howie...he just cracks me up!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2005, 03:45:21 PM »

Ann, I really enjoyed hearing about your sugar gliders.  Now I wish we could get one!  But I think that we have our hands pretty full with the cats...plus I think Rodzinski would move out if I got another pet. :)

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »

Off now to do my favorite chore of the week - mopping the kitchen floor. I don't need no stinkin' DVDs.  :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2005, 04:28:29 PM »

DR Jennifer, Stuart, and RLP, it will certainly be interesting to see who Kaysar does choose to put up for eviction!

I hope it isn't Howie...he just cracks me up!

DR Jennifer:  Thanks.  My feed went to the fish tanks.  My "Superpass" rep told me that many viewers got that because there were too many people watching at the time. I don't quite fathom how they could do that.  It's not like my screen went blank.  I could see fish tanks and that's a video feed from the house (I think).  At any rate,  I'm glad John Powell got it, at least.  I thought it was being censored.

DRs Jennifer and MBarnum:  I think it's very telling up above that James is blatantly lying to Kaysar, who I believe isn't believing him for a minute about not being paired with Sarah.

Nobody gives Kaysar any credit for being the intelligent man he is...I hope he doesn't let us down.  I think he should nominate Ivette and Janelle.  I think Howie and Kaysar and Rachel should fight to win the Veto, and then take Janelle off the block and put up Eric.

James and Howie both want Eric gone, but Kaysar can't nominate him (at least at first) without breaking his word.  If the Veto came into play, Eric would be fair game for being nominated.

Whoever he nominates, I hope it stirs up another stink in the house and divides the "core" alliance even more.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 04:29:46 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2005, 05:06:40 PM »

Ann, I really enjoyed hearing about your sugar gliders.  Now I wish we could get one!  But I think that we have our hands pretty full with the cats...plus I think Rodzinski would move out if I got another pet. :)

I thought Rodzinski was another pet!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2005, 05:09:30 PM »

I thought Rodzinski was another pet!
So many clever responses come to mind, but I know I'd be in big trouble when I get home.  :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 05:09:45 PM by TPunk »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2005, 05:23:13 PM »

Oh my goodness, I am now a Jr. Member!

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2005, 05:32:08 PM »

Ah! Kids. They grow up sp quickly.  Congratulations on your new status DR TPunk.

Pets! I thought you were the one that was Mouse Trained!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2005, 05:41:08 PM »

Pets! I thought you were the one that was Mouse Trained!

Apparently not very well...

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2005, 05:42:27 PM »

Congratulations, no-longer-a-newbie, DR TPunk!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2005, 05:46:12 PM »

Thanks Ginny!

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2005, 05:50:02 PM »

At least in a couple of weeks you'll be free to tell "mouse tails" DR TPunk. Freed from the Mouse Trap.
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2005, 06:50:57 PM »

Ah, a junior member in my house. If she gets to HHW God status, I won't be able to tell her anything!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2005, 06:56:32 PM »

Just watched ANCHORMAN. I liked it in the theatre, but I didn't remember laughing so much, but there are a lot of funny bits in that film.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2005, 07:00:09 PM »

The Gal/Punk is home and she brought me snacks, including those Terra Blue chips which I grew fond of on Jet Blue flights.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2005, 07:01:16 PM »

TPunk, congratulations on your new status!

How is it going with the cats?

I would not want to worry about mixing Sugar Gliders and cats.  It also takes a lot of time and attention to hand train a Sugar Glider.  When they get scared, as they do in the beginning, they make the most horribly frightening noise.  ;D And that is an understatement.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2005, 07:05:27 PM »

Terra chips are great.  I like the assorted bag the best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up