Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE END OF THE WEEK IS NIGH  (Read 17157 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE END OF THE WEEK IS NIGH
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2005, 10:09:03 AM »

DVD: The Adventurers
CD: PIPPIN
VCR: The High and the Mighty taped from AMC
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2005, 10:09:15 AM »

If:

...A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26....
Someone may want to check my math, but GOLDBRICKING comes to 111 %!!!

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2005, 10:10:46 AM »

PIPPIN has some problems, but they will sort themselves out, I think.  I just wish that if the singer and director and musical director ahd decided to add some choruses and switch the verses around, they had thought to mention it to the choreographer!

LA LA LA LA Iamnotreadinganythingaboutaddedchorusesandrearran gedversesmadetoanMTIshow
LA LA LA LA

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2005, 10:15:33 AM »

Whew!

BAD TERRIBLE STORM.  Waited it out at the theatre last night.  But NO power at home until almost 3 a.m.

Wasn't even forecast!

That's Indiana for you.

Don't like the weather?

Just wait a few minutes, and it will change!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2005, 10:19:50 AM »

DR STUART - what time does Music at Noon start?

LOL   ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2005, 10:24:38 AM »

WARNING -- BIG BROTHER 6 TALK BELOW -- WARNING -- SKIP IT IF YOU HATE IT!

I'm one of those people who subscribe that you probably wonder about when Julie Chen talks about the subscription 24/7 service CBS provides.  For a mere $30 for 3 months, you get four camera angles throughout the house, with sound, of all the goings-on LIVE.

Drawbacks are that during competitions and evictions, the cameras are all directed at the fishtank so you don't get any spoilers that would ruin the broadcast shows for you.

That said, last night, the mighty worm turned dramatically and Kaysar won Head of Household.  Oh, how sad were some of those folks.  And scared!

Once Kaysar had possession of his room, the obligatory visits with each houseguest began.  Eric's was expectedly self-serving and full of hot air and reminders of how Eric "saved" Kaysar from being evicted and how he saved Kaysar again by not putting him up for eviction and how he expected to have the favor returned (with an implied "and then some").

Most interesting, though, was James' visit.  They were feeling each other out...each revealing insights into the other...and when they began to talk strategy, all the camers went to the fish tanks.

Now...whatever could that have been about?  Other than censorship?  No competitions were scheduled for last night after eviction and HOH.

I was pissed.  This morning I called to cancel my subscription (there was a 3-day grace period for not being charged and today was the third day).  I was asked if I would offer a reason for my dissatisfaction.  I told them about last night, and how I don't want to pay to watch them eat, sleep and talk trash about each other.  I want to hear the plotting and scheming and deals, too, as they happen.

The guy I spoke with admitted a lot of people had similarly complained and he said CBS was going to modify their restrictions in the next week to accommodate the dissatisfactions.  He offered me one more month free and said if I still wanted to cancel without charge at that time, I need only reply to an e-mail he was sending that confirms the offer.

I thought that was fair.  And now I want to know what was up last night.  Kaysar has told folks he would not put up Eric or Beau or Ivette.  He's scared of James, but he's considering two women....Maggie and Jennifer.

I want to like April, but she's a schemer and a half.  She ought to know Kaysar and Janelle are allies, but she's been telling Kaysar not to trust Janelle and a bunch of other stuff, too.  She has also warned Kaysar that he won't be HOH next week and that he better not piss folks off with his nominations.

How is THAT possible...must he nominate himself and Janelle to keep them happy?  :D

At this point, it's a crap shoot.  And despite the "core alliance" believing they have the numbers, they are not stupid and have admitted fear that things are crumbling.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 10:29:19 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2005, 10:25:46 AM »

Hello from Montreal
Made it this time

Media Check: Nothing right now planned. But if it changes I will let y'all know
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2005, 10:27:01 AM »

From yesterday

I also own a copy of Bed and Sofa.

That makes 3 of us. I wonder who the other two people are ;D
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2005, 10:28:31 AM »

From yesterday #2

I have the Soundtrack of Gigi. Louis Jordan had his tracks spliced together from mulitple tracks and I do mean multiple. They list them all.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2005, 10:29:49 AM »

There are, approximately, 3000 people who own the cast album of Bed and Sofa.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2005, 10:30:08 AM »

From yesterday

I also own a copy of Bed and Sofa.

That makes 3 of us. I wonder who the other two people are ;D

I wonder what DR Matt's "sparkling prize" is gonna be!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »

And do you know that Michael Feingold, the critic for the Village Voice, once stopped me on the street to profusely thank me for being adventurous enough to record it?  Isn't that funny?

Michael

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2005, 10:31:26 AM »

And talking of Louis Jordan did anyone see the musical a few years back of the songs he wrote? ::)
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2005, 10:31:35 AM »

I wonder how many folks own the soundtrack to Bed and Breakfast!

Gorgeous David Shire score!!!

:D

Michael

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2005, 10:33:16 AM »

That is quite impressive. I actually like the score. Its very different and thats why I like it
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2005, 10:34:56 AM »

BK said:

Well, maybe it's 3001 but I'm probably not in the count because I bought my copy used from Academy CDs.

Michael

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2005, 10:34:59 AM »

BK: Do you have the rights to the Classic Broadway CD you did for Bay Cities? (Coleman, Kander, Schmidt and one more i think that escapes me fior the moment)
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2005, 10:36:30 AM »

Media check:

DVD - Muriel's Wedding

DR Ginny, don't know if you have ever seen it before, but it is a darn funny movie!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2005, 10:38:08 AM »

WARNING -- BIG BROTHER 6 TALK BELOW -- WARNING -- SKIP IT IF YOU HATE IT!

.... and how he expected to have the favor returned (with an implied "and then some").

Most interesting, though, was James' visit.  They were feeling each other out...each revealing insights into the other...and when they began to talk strategy, all the camers went to the fish tanks.

My, the mind races!

And considering that my mind is only a few centimeters higher than DR TCB's as we head for the gutter, you can only imagine what sort of a race my mind is in!

(Not to mention that when I first read the post, I read that James and Kaysar were feeling each other UP, not out.  Especially with talk of "insights" being revealed.)

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2005, 10:39:04 AM »

And considering that my mind is only a few centimeters higher than DR TCB's as we head for the gutter...

And I mean that in the best possible way, DR TCB!  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2005, 10:40:14 AM »

No, I believe Varese bought Classical Broadway, along with all the Classical Hollywoods.  I'm sure I could license it, but, sadly, it wouldn't sell any better now than it did then, whereas the Shire album has some life left in it, I think.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2005, 10:41:25 AM »

My, the mind races!

And considering that my mind is only a few centimeters higher than DR TCB's as we head for the gutter, you can only imagine what sort of a race my mind is in!

(Not to mention that when I first read the post, I read that James and Kaysar were feeling each other UP, not out.  Especially with talk of "insights" being revealed.)

Oh, Stuart, Stuart, Stuart....

Sigh.

Here I am salivating over strategy sessions, and here you are salivating over...well, never mind.

Michael

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2005, 10:41:34 AM »

BK

Did you ever watch all those movie musicals box set? The public domain ones?

I always wondered how MGM could let some of their ebtter films Like Royal Wedding, Till thr clouds Roll By, Father of the Bride fall into public domain. The songs from the first teo films still are copywrighter and I am sure the screenplay still is  for father.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2005, 10:44:33 AM »

Well folks that's it for today. I will try to check in tomorrow
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2005, 10:51:24 AM »

PIPPIN has some problems, but they will sort themselves out, I think.  I just wish that if the singer and director and musical director ahd decided to add some choruses and switch the verses around, they had thought to mention it to the choreographer!

LA LA LA LA Iamnotreadinganythingaboutaddedchorusesandrearran gedversesmadetoanMTIshow
LA LA LA LA

Quite a few years ago, some friends of mine (who live here in Olympia) were doing The Fantasticks in Portland (they drove down and back EVERY night!).  Anyway, for this production, they added mothers in addition to the fathers and split up the lines between them.  They also had several dancers who did a lot of very unnecessary dancing. :P From what I remember, they said that it was a successful run.  Anyway, the next year, the director and music director did the same thing in Toledo, Ohio (summer stock or something like that).  There was a big article in the local paper about the mothers and what wonderful actress they were and all, but whoever licenses the show found out and sent a cease and desist letter...perform it the way it was written!  They had to fire the actresses (and dancers, too, I think) after all the publicity that was sent out.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2005, 10:54:11 AM »

Thank you everyone for the bad boss stories and good wishes.  I especially enjoyed the curtain rod story.  I am now in the process of mentally reviewing her office for an appropriate place to hide something.

My co-workers have been awesome.  They all knew that I wasn't planning on leaving until the end of the summer so when I broke the news that I would be gone in 2 weeks they were appalled. They've all made me feel lots better. :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2005, 10:57:25 AM »

I'm right there with you!  That's exactly what I thought I read, also! ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 10:57:35 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2005, 10:57:44 AM »

...when I broke the news that I would be gone in 2 weeks they were appalled. They've all made me feel lots better. :)

Appalling co-workers always makes me feel better too!  ;-)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 10:58:17 AM by Stuart »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2005, 10:57:53 AM »

Can anyone guess what the most profitible cast album I recorded was?

Ben

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2005, 10:59:13 AM »

Since you've recorded so many I have no idea but I will take a wild guess and say

Hello, Dolly
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up