Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CREDULITY DEFIED  (Read 18735 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: CREDULITY DEFIED
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »

I mean... Maybe I'm the one being touched.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »

!!!!!PAGE FIVE!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »

Anyhoo...

As I was taking the Blue Line into the city from O'Hare, my friend, David, texted me to tell me he wasn't feeling too well, that he was coming down with a cold, and was going to head home for the day. However, he said he'd wait for me, and at least bring my luggage back with him (since I'm staying with him). Well, since I had only got about two hours of sleep last night, I told him I'd just ride back with him and take a nap.

And that's exactly what I, we did.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »

And, yes, it's quite blustery here today. The white caps on Lake Michigan were quite amazing - and scary. I'm going to venture out in a bit to Andersonville, and then my friend, Cory, and his bride-to-be, Lisa, for dinner. David may or may not join us depending on how he's feeling.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »

Sounds like the winds are howling in the Windy City....glad DR Jose is already on the ground.   I don't arrive in Chicago until about 3:00 tomorrow afternoon.  Sounds like the winds should die a bit before then.  Glad of that. 

Yep! Apparently, lots of delayed and cancelled flights right now into O'Hare.

~~~~~SAFE AND NON-TURBULENT TRAVEL VIBES TO YOU TOMORROW DR CILLALIZ AND KEVIN H~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

We are in for the night after a lovely dinner with a couple from Purdue and a couple from Michigan State.  We shared our anniversary cake with them and learned all about cataract surgery.  Yes, we are among the youngest people on this cruise...

Oh, you whippersnappers, you!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »

Having grown up in Salt Lake City, I saw Mormon Follies on a virtual daily basis.

Oh, wait. . .

And with the number of Mormon boys/young men in New York City, the "Mormon Follies" usually take place every night backstage at most Broadway theatres.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »

JRand, The Human Vapor sounds interesting. Very intriguing title. Especially if it's a story of alcoholism. And I doubt that.

No it is not, it is a man who is able to turn himself into a VAPOR - he then robs banks so that he can give the money to a dancer so that she can have a recital.....after she first buys her self a BLACK 1961 Dodge four door sedan.

I first read that as "rectal".

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

I am awaiting calls from the Hyundai repair shop and from The Motion Picture Country Home's Elder Care section.

I didn't realize that the Motion Picture County Home also handles car insurance?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »

I'm on a roll today.  I was previously on a bagel, but it was too hard.

Get the (dough) hook!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2011, 01:54:51 PM »

I am making deviled eggs.

Will you topping them with fried oysters and/or fried shrimp?

Or mixing in a dab of "Rooster Sauce" to kick things up a bit?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »

And speaking of bundling up and heading out for a bit...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »

From DR Jose:

Yep, those new-fangled washers have built in "scales" and sensors that can tell how many clothes you're putting in (by weight), as well as the heft of the fabric.

Reading the reviews most complaints were that there wasn't enough water.  Some people do all loads with an extra rinse, other set the load as if it were heavier which I don't think I can do on my machine.

I read your comment & realized I forgot to check if my extra large load, suited to my new machine, had enough water.  Oh well.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »

Had my usual morning cappuccino at the local coffee shop. I used to enjoy chatting to the lovely, tall, blonde Lithuanian girl who managed the place but sadly she has moved on.

My grandfather was from Lithuania.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »

Mittwoch afternoon greetings from Miltenberg, where we just docked.  We're leaving in about 15 minutes for a walk through town, but I thought I'd pop in while the internet is working.  It's very sporadic on the boat, which is why I've been so E & T.  Yesterday was a full day, touring Wurzburg in the morning and Rothenberg ob der Tauber in the afternoon.  This morning I elected to stay on the boat for a lovely cruise while Richard went on the shore journey to Wertheim.

I'm googling images of the places you mention.  You must be having a wonderful trip.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »

And, we've set sail again - next stop, Mainz!

I know Mainz well DR Ginny. It's a pleasant place for a visit. Pity you will be there too early for the Christmas market!

DR Doug R, it looks like Mainz is just our port for excursions to Heidelberg and Rudesheim tomorrow.

One of Keith's favorite places in the world is Heidelberg.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »

I think I've finally unwound.   I didn't realize how stressed I was as of late until I tried to take Monday and Tuesday off and was feeling really panicked over things I didn't need to panic about.  So I decided instead of heading back to work, I needed to really take the week off instead of pretending I took it off and working at the office by myself, so I didn't go to work today.  It took me a couple days to unwind.  Now I'm very excited about Chicago.  I need to be sure to charge my camera tonight as I will want to take many photos.     

Jane

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »

Some of you may want to add this to your Netflix queue when it's available.

I put it on my queue since we don't have Blu-ray

Jane

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »

We are in for the night after a lovely dinner with a couple from Purdue and a couple from Michigan State.  We shared our anniversary cake with them and learned all about cataract surgery.  Yes, we are among the youngest people on this cruise...

Youngish people have cataract surgery.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »

Happy to find out the my 10 year/10,000 mile warrenty does indeed  cover the wheel bearings and hub. The lady I had been talking to was quite surprised, but said it was good that I had pushed the issue....and now I am saving $500.00! Whew!

Fantastic!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »

Anyhoo...

As I was taking the Blue Line into the city from O'Hare, my friend, David, texted me to tell me he wasn't feeling too well, that he was coming down with a cold, and was going to head home for the day. However, he said he'd wait for me, and at least bring my luggage back with him (since I'm staying with him). Well, since I had only got about two hours of sleep last night, I told him I'd just ride back with him and take a nap.

And that's exactly what I, we did.

Good thing you caught the earlier flight.  Stay well vibes!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »

Be glad you are safe and snug on your cruise ship, Ginny, and not in the dangerous state of Ohio where many exotic animals escaped last night from a habitat in Zanesville.   It seems it was a suicide gesture by the keeper/owner of the animals...he freed them, many of them wild and dangerous, and then took his own life.

I know they were being rounded up...but who knows where some of them might have gotten to.

Ooh! OOh!  Update:  If you can access Facebook, visit my home page where you will find a link to update you on all that happened with this story.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:55:55 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »

Happy to find out the my 10 year/10,000 mile warrenty does indeed  cover the wheel bearings and hub. The lady I had been talking to was quite surprised, but said it was good that I had pushed the issue....and now I am saving $500.00! Whew!

Very good news, Michael!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »

I am awaiting calls from the Hyundai repair shop and from The Motion Picture Country Home's Elder Care section.

I didn't realize that the Motion Picture County Home also handles car insurance?

No, no....not car insurance, DR JoseSPiano.   It handles old Hyundais...but they have to be in good repair before they're checked in 'cause they don't do auto repairs at the Motion Picture Country Home.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »

Does this mean the NYC trip is again a possiblity?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2011, 02:45:45 PM »

....And it's cold and it's damp too.

Well, stop touching it then.

And Mikey's reply kinda stole the thunder of the line I was gonna quote from "Bye, Bye Birdie" in which Mae is always chiding Albert about wearing his rubbers.

Doug R

« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »

Had my usual morning cappuccino at the local coffee shop. I used to enjoy chatting to the lovely, tall, blonde Lithuanian girl who managed the place but sadly she has moved on.

My grandfather was from Lithuania.

Good to hear it DR Jane. Lithuanians are lovely people. There are lots of them living round my way. There's also a handy Lithuanian supermarket selling all kinds of interesting food.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

Good news DR MBARNUM.

I don't understand what DR JMK wrote - but I am certain it was very clever.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Doug R

« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »

I've been watching, for the first time, the animated film 'The Illusionist' made from Jacques Tati's script. What a wonderful, bittersweet yet life-enhancing film. Such a change to see traditional animation being used as well.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2011, 03:00:33 PM »

Someone reviewed POTICHE quite some time ago.

DR JMK. Thanks for the link. I didn't realise you were, who you are! I love your reviews.

You are obviously a man of unquestionable taste and brilliance.

Your check's in the mail.

Or a brown-noser of unequalled proportions.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up