Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CREDULITY DEFIED  (Read 19180 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CREDULITY DEFIED
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »

Great notes from New York, KevinH.

I agree with Jose on how much you want to see Mormon v. Follies.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »

Page four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »

JRand, The Human Vapor sounds interesting. Very intriguing title. Especially if it's a story of alcoholism. And I doubt that.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »

I am awaiting calls from the Hyundai repair shop and from The Motion Picture Country Home's Elder Care section.

Michael

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »

And for the production number:  the ancient parody GO TELL AUNT RODENT (or is it GO TELL ANT RODENT)

Wasn't there a movie called Whatever Happened To Ant Rodent?
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

Good day to you and to you and to you.  And to you there.  And yes, to you, too.

Why, thankee!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »

The Rivalry between Portland and Seattle Hits New Highs (or Lows) Department:  I have been meaning to share this somewhat funny (to me, anyway) anecdote about that Seattle friend who sent the e-card I quoted.  When she and her husband were down here for dinner they mentioned they had had problems with ant infestations in their home, and we shared that we had, too, and that we had been told in no uncertain terms that you must not kill the ants you see, but leave out ant bait which they will take back to the hive/nest, thereby killing them.  We were told if you kill the ones you see, the Queen just sends out more scouts to find food.

So, anyhoo, Pamela hears this and immediately states that they killed the ants they saw and didn't see any more for a while, and she felt that was because (and I'm not making this up) Seattle had a higher order of ants than Portland, ones who sensed that their kin were being killed and knew not to come out anymore.

As I recall, we had very smart ants in Seattle.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2011, 11:34:21 AM »

Now that I've given JMK's message about five minutes' thought, I think I have the new release figured out. And I'm very happy. It was, to me, one of the more intriguing scores that I read about last season.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2011, 11:35:47 AM »

JRand, The Human Vapor sounds interesting. Very intriguing title. Especially if it's a story of alcoholism. And I doubt that.

No it is not, it is a man who is able to turn himself into a VAPOR - he then robs banks so that he can give the money to a dancer so that she can have a recital.....after she first buys her self a BLACK 1961 Dodge four door sedan.

And in the English subtitles he is not referred to as Vapor.....but as The Gas Man.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »

Hmmmm....I do not know what the new cast album from Kritzerland is......I must not be in know.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »

Having grown up in Salt Lake City, I saw Mormon Follies on a virtual daily basis.

Oh, wait. . .
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »

Having grown up in Salt Lake City, I saw Mormon Follies on a virtual daily basis.

Oh, wait. . .
LOL.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »

Hmmmm....I do not know what the new cast album from Kritzerland is......I must not be in know.
My only hint, if I am correct, is that somebody involved in the writing was also involved with "At Long Last Love." But don't hold that against this person.
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »

Not to mention "The Love Machine."  Oh, I guess I just mentioned it, sorry.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:03 PM »

The Butler practiced the Alexander technique whilst putting down the Murphy bed.

Don't say I never did anything for you, JR.  :)

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »

We are in for the night after a lovely dinner with a couple from Purdue and a couple from Michigan State.  We shared our anniversary cake with them and learned all about cataract surgery.  Yes, we are among the youngest people on this cruise...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »

BK, does your new release feature a Tony award winner for a Sondheim musical and a co-star with another major Sondheim connection?

I do believe it might, as long as you're not talking about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang :)

I think I figured it out! ;D

I don't know about "The Love Machine" or "At Long Last Love," though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:49 PM »

The Rivalry between Portland and Seattle Hits New Highs (or Lows) Department:  I have been meaning to share this somewhat funny (to me, anyway) anecdote about that Seattle friend who sent the e-card I quoted.  When she and her husband were down here for dinner they mentioned they had had problems with ant infestations in their home, and we shared that we had, too, and that we had been told in no uncertain terms that you must not kill the ants you see, but leave out ant bait which they will take back to the hive/nest, thereby killing them.  We were told if you kill the ones you see, the Queen just sends out more scouts to find food.

So, anyhoo, Pamela hears this and immediately states that they killed the ants they saw and didn't see any more for a while, and she felt that was because (and I'm not making this up) Seattle had a higher order of ants than Portland, ones who sensed that their kin were being killed and knew not to come out anymore.

Oh. My. Goodness. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »

Oh. My. Goodness. :-\

The ants in my house this summer must have been from Seattle.  I killed them and soon there were no more

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »

Sounds like the winds are howling in the Windy City....glad DR Jose is already on the ground.   I don't arrive in Chicago until about 3:00 tomorrow afternoon.  Sounds like the winds should die a bit before then.  Glad of that. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »

Travel vibes to all who are traveling ~~~~~~~~

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »

my ants always came back for revenge, just like in the movies.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Chicago! -Which, right now, is living up to it's moniker of The Windy(!!!!!!!!!) City!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »

Happy to find out the my 10 year/10,000 mile warrenty does indeed  cover the wheel bearings and hub. The lady I had been talking to was quite surprised, but said it was good that I had pushed the issue....and now I am saving $500.00! Whew!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:33 PM »

....And it's cold and it's damp too.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »

You do get around, DR Jose  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2011, 01:35:49 PM »

...But I'm here!

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

Well, stop touching it then.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »

Happy to find out the my 10 year/10,000 mile warrenty does indeed  cover the wheel bearings and hub. The lady I had been talking to was quite surprised, but said it was good that I had pushed the issue....and now I am saving $500.00! Whew!

Yeah! Looking forward to seeing you on DR elmore's fire escape next Spring!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »

Well, stop touching it then.

Did I say I was touching anything?
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up