Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CREDULITY DEFIED  (Read 18582 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CREDULITY DEFIED
« on: October 19, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had credulity and said credulity was defied, and now it is time to post until the credulous cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CREDULITY DEFIED
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »

And the word of the day is: DARKLE!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:04 AM »

First Post!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »

And...

A few hours later...

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm about to head out the door to head to the airport to fly to Chicago!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:35:24 AM »

~~~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO MY FELLOW CHICAGO-BOUND DRS CILLALIZ AND KEVIN H~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:01 AM »

Ah! "Showgirls"!!!

bk - Too bad you're not a drinking man, since that's basically the only way to make that movie fun. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:28 AM »

And, yes, I must finish getting ready to head to La Guardia.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 02:59:19 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 02:59:40 AM »

Jose must be at or on his way to LaGuardia.

Bon Voyage!

Ben

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 02:59:54 AM »

Time to make the donuts.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 03:52:01 AM »

And since I got here early...

And since they kept making announcements saying that if any Chicago-bound passengers wanted to take an earlier flight...

Well...

I am. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 03:53:56 AM »

At first I was just going to stick with my original 7:30am flight, but then they kept making the announcement over the PA...

And when I checked in at the gate, the gate agent said they were waiving the change fees due to weather...

Whew!

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 04:05:14 AM »

Good morning, all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe travel Vibes to our DR Jose! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have fun in Chicago!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 04:16:10 AM »

I had a long, weird dream about the recording of ROBERTA that will happen next year: I seemed to be living in a commune in an office building next to the Sorg Opera House in Middletown, OH, with the Man from Philadelphia, our paralegal Geri, several actors I'm thinking about for the seven roles of the California Collegians, and several tech kids from the New York State Theatre Institute. I remember sending one of the tech kids, whose grlfriend had brought tons of fresh vegetables and was making soup, off to Sorg Park to bring an investor back to a meeting and a backyard picnic. Therewas a shooting by a crazed grandmother, who shot someone - her son, I think - over custody of her grandson. It was all very hippie like.

Today, I will leave here around 9:15 for Encores! I have to be home by 5:00, so I'll leave there around 4:30. I need to finish the prep work on THE RED MILL, so next week I can work on ROBERTA.

DR John G, I want to hear THE CRADLE WILL ROCK with Marc Blitzstein's orchestration, but I must admit I'm not agreat fan of the score. I think Marc's greatest productons are JUNO and THE THREEPENNY OPERA, which - though antiquated by now after 67 years - is still the best singing translation of the piece. And the funniest. Selfishly speaking, I want Encores! to do JUBILEE, because I think they might assemble a really good cast and I know that Rob Berman will do a great job with the score. I'd also like to see them do, for the 2013 centennial of Moross' birth, THE GOLDEN APPLE.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 05:05:28 AM »

BK,

I certainly can't disagree with you on either SHOWGIRLS or BURLESQUE.

On the other hand, I would be willing to label them "guilty pleasures".

Also, I thought that RETURN OF THE JEDI was 2nd rate when I first saw it in the theater.

:o

Something must be wrong. 

We're starting to agree on some films.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Doug R

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »

Had my usual morning cappuccino at the local coffee shop. I used to enjoy chatting to the lovely, tall, blonde Lithuanian girl who managed the place but sadly she has moved on.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 05:13:34 AM »

For anybody who is going to be in or around Greensboro, NC next month:

The Open Space Cafe Theatre will be presenting six performances of my one-person play, JOLSON with Richard Gang playing Al Jolson.

Dates are: November 10, 11, 12, 18, 19 and 20.

For anybody anybody interested in reading the play:

http://www.amazon.com/Jolson-Michael-B-Druxman/dp/1466349352/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318082807&sr=1-1

You can dream…or you can do.

Doug R

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 05:15:10 AM »

BK:

Potiche sounds interesting. On the subject of French films, did you enjoy "Le Diner de Cons" as much as I did?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 05:19:50 AM »

Mittwoch afternoon greetings from Miltenberg, where we just docked.  We're leaving in about 15 minutes for a walk through town, but I thought I'd pop in while the internet is working.  It's very sporadic on the boat, which is why I've been so E & T.  Yesterday was a full day, touring Wurzburg in the morning and Rothenberg ob der Tauber in the afternoon.  This morning I elected to stay on the boat for a lovely cruise while Richard went on the shore journey to Wertheim.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 05:20:18 AM »

Good morning, all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe travel Vibes to our DR Jose! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have fun in Chicago!
Ditto, Jose!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 05:20:32 AM »

Belated happy anniversary greetings to DR Vixmom and her ever-lovin' Vixdad!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 05:21:10 AM »

Mittwoch afternoon greetings from Miltenberg, where we just docked.  We're leaving in about 15 minutes for a walk through town, but I thought I'd pop in while the internet is working.  It's very sporadic on the boat, which is why I've been so E & T.  Yesterday was a full day, touring Wurzburg in the morning and Rothenberg ob der Tauber in the afternoon.  This morning I elected to stay on the boat for a lovely cruise while Richard went on the shore journey to Wertheim.
Rothenberg is about 45 minutes from where my mother grew up. We visit almost every time I get back there. Gorgeous town.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:01 AM »

Travel vibes to DRs Jose, Cillaliz, and KevinH! Have fun in Chicago and send us some photos!

John G.

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »

DR John G, I want to hear THE CRADLE WILL ROCK with Marc Blitzstein's orchestration, but I must admit I'm not agreat fan of the score. I think Marc's greatest productons are JUNO and THE THREEPENNY OPERA, which - though antiquated by now after 67 years - is still the best singing translation of the piece. And the funniest. Selfishly speaking, I want Encores! to do JUBILEE, because I think they might assemble a really good cast and I know that Rob Berman will do a great job with the score. I'd also like to see them do, for the 2013 centennial of Moross' birth, THE GOLDEN APPLE.

I want both Golden Apple and Jubilee, too, but I think the environment is right for Cradle.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:51 AM »

Rothenberg is about 45 minutes from where my mother grew up. We visit almost every time I get back there. Gorgeous town.

Yes, DR John G, Richard told me I could wimp out on any of our excursions except the 2 yesterday!

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 05:23:13 AM »

Off to Miltenberg - by for now!

John G.

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »

Glad you enjoyed "Potiche," bk.And to think that was Depardieu before the airline incident. I'm surprised someone that enormous could fit down an aisle.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 05:24:09 AM »

Off to Miltenberg - by for now!
Enjoy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 05:24:36 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up