Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TARDY  (Read 22059 times)

Ginny

Re:TARDY
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »

Speaking of perfect lives,  I haven't seen Ginny this morning. Could it be she's too busy cashing in her winning Mega Millions ticket worth in excess of 265 million?  The sole winning ticket was sold in OHIO!!!!!!

Alas, no, DR Vixmom, I did not win the MegaMillions.  Didn't even have a ticket.

I have had a full, fun day, though.  Met a retired-librarian friend for breakfast - we hadn't seen each other since before Thanksgiving because she and her husband "winter" in San Diego.  Then I went to Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm to meet with the Miami Valley Association of Volunteer Administrators.  Dropped in here at the library for about an hour to pick up my materials, then headed out to Wright State University to talk to a grantwriting class.  Now, I'm back for an evening of information waitressing.

Maybe I should have bought that MM ticket!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2006, 03:06:30 PM »

Page 5 - somebody else dance, I'm too tired!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »

I'll hazzard a guess:

You are reacting to the candidates as "entertainers". Woody is more focused on the demonstrated culinary knowledge/skills.

der Brucer

PS Guy's inability to dentify the kind of pear he was serving should be a major demerit!

Yes, that was a big mistake for Guy, but his actual pilot was good. I think part of it is that I didn't see a lot of difference between Carissa and the people who are already on Food TV.  I just didn't like Nathan, not sure why. I'm sure he's a nice enough fellow, I just wouldn't enjoy watching him.  So, yes, I was looking for entertainment value.  As far as culinary knowledge, I think even given the pear incident, Guy probably is more qualified than Reggie....I just really liked Reggie.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2006, 03:20:29 PM »

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!  I not as bad off as you, but it's still darned frustrating.  I'm at the Randomly-Occurring-Uncontrollable-Coughing-Fit stage. :P And when I cough, I have to cough very loudly.

Feel better vibes to you George.  I slept most of the afternoon and that seems to have helped a lot. I actually have somewhat of a speaking voice at the moment.  I will definitely go to work tomorrow. I have a deadline on a motion and brief, but should have no problem getting them done.   Luckliy I don't have to entertain this weekend. I'm going to see To Kill A Mockingbird and go to the dinner with Mary Badham, but that's pretty low stress

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2006, 03:24:18 PM »

Sounds like a kinky work place to me!

der Brucer

(Any job openings?)

LOL! Not really kinky, just an over reaction by the government to the Anthrax stuff a few years back.  Homeland Security actually asked me what our plan was if our office was hit by ballistic missles.  I laughed and told him if we were hit by missles, I would probably be dead and really didn't care what happened to the office.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2006, 03:31:58 PM »

I booked a room at the Comfort Inn in Midtown NY from October 3rd, checking out the 8th.  Thanks to Danise telling me to sign up for the points program one of these nights will be free.  Not that I’m sure I’ll stay there.  I want to look around for a better price and location.  At least I have this booked at the current price.  

Ginny and Cillaliz did you book a room there?  I hope we can all stay in the same hotel again.

I haven't booked anything yet, but can do it. I wasn't thrilled with the Comfort Inn, but it wasn't that bad.  I know I'm signed up for their frequent traveler program so if it means a free night, that may be the way to go.   The 3rd through the 8th sounds pretty good. I may book the Comfort Inn for now and see what else is out there

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »

Question for DakotaCelt:

I have been ill this week and lazing about watching afternoon television (between naps). Days of Our Lives has been on, but I haven't recognized Matt Ashford. Is he still on the show?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »

Would you prefer the Carter years when a gallon of gas cost the same as the hourly minimum wage?

Perhaps we should ask Mr. Bush to abolish all those pesky environmental regulations and go back to good old leaded gas and start getting some economy out of our cars!

Or we could follow the Euopean Model, and have gas at over $5-6/gallon.

der Brucer (who regularly watches the locals save on transportation costs by driving their horse and buggies)

I don't think one has to prefer the Carter years to find gas prices a bit ridiculous. Especially when the oil companies are making record profits and giving their honchos mega-bonuses. Rather than the Carter years, I'd prefer just a few years ago, I don't care who was president, but gas was much more affordable, didn't skyrocket in response to any possible or imagined threat reported in the media, and had a lot of the same epa regulations.

I could get gas for less than 90 cents a gallon in Georgia (admittedly a state that doesn't add a lot of tax to their fuel), and what year was that? 1994.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 03:50:23 PM by Rodzinski »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »

My ticket cost me only $40.

Plus a $50 surcharge!

And no, Vixmom, I didn't argue it. I guess I could have, but I always feel like they've heard everything.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »

My ticket cost me only $40.

Plus a $50 surcharge!

And no, Vixmom, I didn't argue it. I guess I could have, but I always feel like they've heard everything.

I saw some of those NY police officers...I think it was smart not to argue.  :-X

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2006, 04:04:03 PM »

Golly, JRand must be watching that Jorge Rivero movie a second time! He has not posted all day long.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2006, 04:29:25 PM »

Holy crow!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2006, 04:30:36 PM »

Yes DRMBARNUM sent me a box of goodies.

I am taking a short break from my viewing to watch GET YOURSELF A COLLEGE GIRL....produced by Sam Katzman....same old story with an MGM rather than a Columbia gloss....Ms Dorothy Neumann is featured...along with The Dave Clark Five and The Animals.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2006, 04:31:44 PM »

I watched Santo fighting the Martians....the best way to fight alien invaders is...you guessed it....wrestling!

I also saw Mr Jorge Rivera as Adam in the Sins of Adam and Eve.

Holy Crow!  He kept walking sideways saw we never saw any naughty bits...must have been hell on the posture.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »

Then I watched BOTH Santo and Jorge in a Mexican spy thriller....I had never seen Santo in COLOR before.  Jorge was dressed like James Bond in this flick....

Carolyn Kearney as a teen who has a hard time squealing on the thugs who beat up her boyfriend and nearly tore her blouse ALL the way off!!  And in Naturama!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

Also watched Mr Toshiro Mifune in THE IDIOT...not the title role.

AND I got my Criterions from DDD today as well.  I will take a break to watch The Amazing Race...then MORE MORE MORE.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »

I can hardly wait to hear the results of the telephone call that is being anticipated ALL over the country this evening....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »

I Love Lucy....of course....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »

"Sit-coms" today are still ripping off Lucy's stories and premises....  And of course her writers ripped them off from old vaudeville sketches and their own radio work for MY FAVORITE HUSBAND....

Too bad there isn't anyone on TV today as funny as Lucy...or Vivian...or Desi and William.  Not even "the new Lucille Ball" ... Ms Debra Messing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2006, 05:20:29 PM »

DRs Jane and Ginny - I sent you an IM re reservation in New York.  I also checked on Orbitz and the rates for flights aren't too bad right now. I wasn't planning to book so soon, but with all the reports of increasing air fares, I think I might do it.

Michael

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2006, 05:20:57 PM »

DR Vixmom

here is a link

http://www.brucekimmel.com/On%20FromColumnAInformationPage.htm

I have put some  A's musing on www.brucekimmel.com
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2006, 05:27:53 PM »

No word of the day?  Yet?

It would be nice if my Criterion DVD's arrived today.....we will see.

Just to start.....what is everyone's favorite Albert Finney performance?  I watched THE ENTERTAINER on Monday night, and there he was looking so very young as the son of Laurence Olivier.....

SCROOGE for sure....and TWO FOR THE ROAD.....

SCROOGE, but not as good as mine.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2006, 05:28:12 PM »

Question for DakotaCelt:

I have been ill this week and lazing about watching afternoon television (between naps). Days of Our Lives has been on, but I haven't recognized Matt Ashford. Is he still on the show?

??? Good question????

He was in a few scenes this past week in a 'recreated flashback" and he was dressed as a woman. THose were the first scenes I had seen of Days since Jack's car went off the bridge...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »

SCROOGE, but not as good as mine.

Well THAT goes without saying!  ;D

Favorite team makes a mistake half way thru The Amazing Race tonight...will they recover?   :o

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2006, 05:37:33 PM »

My car went off the bridge?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2006, 05:59:11 PM »

Anyhow, my answer for all sore throat, upper respiratory, coughing, colds-type illness is CHICKEN SOUP!!!

And if you have a sprain, CHICKEN SOUP!

Arthritis? yep...

Can I avoid the hip replacement if I soak in chicken soup?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

TAR in Australia next week!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:02:36 PM by JRand55 »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »

T.O.D.

In honor of Ask BK Day, I have a question that doesn't really have an available answer, but requires only an opinion or a wild guess.

The other day I was thinking of all the gay men I have  known met in the last thirty-five years.  There have been teachers, bankers, actors(!) doctors, lawyers, farmers, bartenders, etc., etc.  I am sure that you could find gay men in every walk of life, but I started wondering; not which profession  boasts the lagest percentage of gay men, but rather which profession probably has the smallest percentage of gay men.  I dobut that anyone has ever done a survey on the subject, but I started thinking about it, and have continued to think about all day today.

My answer, a wild guess or an opinion, will probably change as I think about it more, but, so far, my guess would be a used car salesmen.  Don't ask me why I came up with that idea, but I have a difficult time remembering more than one gay used car salesman I have ever met in thirty five (+) years.

Perhaps this question is better left to a Sunday open forum; but I found it an interesting question.  Any takers?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2006, 06:37:05 PM »

Hmmmm.....used car salesman is a good guess.

I will also say newspaper reporters (not television news).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2006, 06:37:40 PM »

Appropriate elimination on AI tonight....according to what I saw on the results show.  Didn't see the performances last night.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up