Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED, MYSTERIES WILL BE SOLVED  (Read 18239 times)

Jennifer

Re: QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED, MYSTERIES WILL BE SOLVED
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »

re: LOST

SPOILERS

space spoiler space one two three four one two three space space spoiler space one and then there were three
I have to say i loved the entire episode. But hated hated hated the ending. I also wished we could have had one more scene between Libby and hurley, and especially penny and desmond. I found the island ending satisfying. But really disliked the sideways ending. How on earth could they say that fans would be happy???
space spoiler space one two three four one two three space space spoiler space one and then there were three

Laura

« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »

From one Jeanne to another:

Happy Birthday!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »

As today is an "off" day for me (i.e., "day off"), I've been out and done some chores, and I have also re-watched the "The End" episode of "Lost".

SPOILAGE

lama lamalamalamalamala  lamalama dkdjkfkj l;kjd.  gamal abdul anwar sadat.  It's quite a different experience the second time through!! Third time, too!!!  Nice to zip past the commercials and stick with the overall drama as it develops.  I have some thoughts to share that are a bit different than my response to Mr. Druxman's earlier post.  After careful assessment of Jack's meeting with his father, it seems clear that everything that happened when Oceanic 815 crashed was real, after all.   Everything that happened on the island was real.  This final season's "flash sideways" was, in my opinion, a purgatorial construct "made" by them all until they could be reunited.  As Kristian told Jack, all those people in the chapel "made" that place so that they could all come together...some who died before Jack did and some who died long after.  And when the time was right, they began "remembering", mostly instigated by Desmond who apparently had first insight into what was going on.   I am going to (conveniently??) discount that last, pre-credits scene of the beach with the wreckage of the plane.  It was not a part of the story before it ended...before Jack closed his eyes, or before the light enveloped all the cast in the chapel.  Each episdoe of "Lost" has always ended with "Lost"in white letters on a black background, and the beach scenes came after that.    An oddity about that wreckage is that it was all rusted as though it had been there for years, but the clothing strewn around was all brightly colored...something that would have been impossible in the climate, especially getting drenched in the constant rains and then baking in the brightness and heat of the sun for six years.   My discounting it is, possibly, a "convenient" means of making the rest make more sense, but everything Kristian told his son says that what they all experienced on the island was real, that the experiences he had on that island were the most important ones he had in his life and that the people waiting for him in the chapel with the most important people of his life.   I didn't find anything "too gooey", but we all have our levels of tolerance for sentimentality, and I do think there was a bit much of it in the chapel at the end.  I felt very sorry for John Locke sitting not only unpaired, but alone in the pew on his side of the chapel.  I suppose Ben would have sat with him had Ben forgiven himself enough.  Boone might also have sat with Locke since they shared the most time together on the island. The scenes of Jack painfully making his way through the bamboo forest were gut-wrenching, especially as he passed a tree with a very weathered tennis shoe caught on it.  When he collapsed and lay on his back in the same position he took in the first scene of the first episode, it seemed to me that the entire series was ready to "just let go", just as all the survivors were ready to do in the chapel.   

I paid more attention to the scene between Desmond and Mrs. Widmore at the concert.  She seemed to know exactly what was going on and was distraught that Desmond might take Daniel with him.  But he assured her it wouldn't be him.  I suppose Daniel and Charlotte were meant to find a different path to the light.     

The scoring of this TV episode was nothing short of magnificent.  There have been CD releases of music from each of the previous five seasons, and I'm hoping the sixth season CD will be issued this year.  I'd prefer a 2-CD release, with one release a complete soundtrack of the final episode. Xkdklk  f lkjafkjl lkjfl;kj;l kjf;jklfdjkla;lkfj   kjfjka;lkj jf;lkj  adfjad;kfj ;lkjaf;l k  Dudeyou'vegotsomeArnztonyou jkldj;lj ;l kj;lkj jka;ldkfj;lkj;lk jadsfl;kj.

END SPOILAGE
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:37:28 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »

Act One Scene One tonight, DR TCB.....I am working to make it interesting.

I am afraid there is just too damn much exposition in that scene to ever make it intesting.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

SPOILERS

re: LOST

SPOILERS

I have to say i loved the entire episode. But hated hated hated the ending. I also wished we could have had one more scene between Libby and hurley, and especially penny and desmond. I found the island ending satisfying. But really disliked the sideways ending. How on earth could they say that fans would be happy???

Once again dear friends into the breach. Now is the hour of our discontent.  sljkl;jklk ;j;lkja;lkjdf;lkjasd;lfkj ;lkjasdfThey gave "fans" more than enough material to sort it all out.  Resolution was attained (although "why" it was what it was and what happened after Jack died will forever be a mystery, I guess).   The sideways ending wasn't an alternate to Jack's death...it answered everything about why there was a "sideways"...it wasn't an alternate anything...it was all the characters living the lives they might have lived had they not crashed in the plane...but it wasn't "reality"...it was a waiting room, of sorts, until all had played their parts in the drama. I now know that Desmond knew this when he arrived on the island as Charles Widmore's "prisoner".  Desmond's attitude toward SmokeMonster/John Locke was of a man who was certain that Monster/Locke had no power over him.  He knew exactly why he was there and what he must do.  Desmond seemed to have had a "flashforward" vision into what would happen.   As for the "unhappy fans", I'm very leery of those who put too much energy into "willing" things to happen that the creators never intended to happen.  It's like saying certain "fans" ought to be dictating the outcome of the show.  It comes from a desire to have things one's own way and not being open to the alternatives that may be equally (or infinitely more) viable. D jlkj ;lkjfjkl ;;lkjasfdlk;j ;lkja;lksdjf;l kj;lkj

End SPOILER
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:39:37 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »

- first we'll make our 3rd trip to the BMV to try to get her non-driver state ID renewed. 

GOOD LUCK!  I presume you will make sure she has ALL the paperwork this time.

And then some, DR Jane!  Mission accomplished and the photo on her ID is a great picture of her - wish I could get a copy of it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »

And...

Congratulations to Christopher Fitzgerald for his Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical!  -That musical being DR elmore's beloved Finian's Rainbow!

I hope this is the first of a lot of Finian awards in the next few months. I am very happy for Chris; he is one of the best.

He was fabulous in Young Frankenstein!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2010, 02:40:31 PM »

Thanks for the very entertaining video, DR Laura! And gosh, isn't cat Jeanne so very beautiful!

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »

TOD:

I don't know that I ever stuck with any long runniung show long enough to see the finale, except maybe NEWHART, which I did think was funny at the time, but I remember very little about.

Most other shows I liked simply got cancelled and never had an official "finale" or the "finale" was nothing special, it was just like any other show.

I have seen the finales of SEINFELD and PERRY MASON, but don't remember much about them either.

So, I guess I have no favorite as of yet.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:35 PM »

TOD:

I don't know that I ever stuck with any long runniung show long enough to see the finale, except maybe NEWHART, which I did think was funny at the time, but I remember very little about.

Most other shows I liked simply got cancelled and never had an official "finale" or the "finale" was nothing special, it was just like any other show.

I have seen the finales of SEINFELD and PERRY MASON, but don't remember much about them either.

So, I guess I have no favorite as of yet.

You are correct, Mike; neither IT'S ABOUT TIME or MY MOTHER THE CAR really had a good finale.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »

For those still interested in "Lost", check out this excellent (IMO) ' tvsquad' overview of what happened last night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »

T.O.D.

Most of my life, I have been either rehearing a show or appearing in a show; so i missed most of the final shows.  I did watch the M*A*S*H finale, but I don't remember much about it.  I suppose I would have to give the prize to ST. ELSEWHERE, just because it was so far out of left field.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »

I had to step out to the corner market and my apartment lobby smelled strongly of fried potatoes. It was absolutely heavenly and now i want some hash browns.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

I've been dealing with yet more trouble caused by a certain individual - every time I think he can't go further with his lunacy, he goes further.  Today, I finally responded to him, and it was a doozy - very calm, well thought out - I copied my MGM lady on it and she said it was perfect.  I told this guy that any further correspondence from him personally would go unread - and that if he wanted to contact me from here on in he should do it through an attorney.  Another label's response wasn't quite that nice :)  And that took up more time than it should and now I have to have a work session with David, which I'm going to cut short to an hour. 

Also finally heard from the helper - she JUST woke up.  She had to go to the emergency room last night (abdominal pain) and they gave her pills that knocked her out.  She's sorry and says it won't ever happen again (she could have just written me an e-mail before she went to bed or left a text on my cell) - she can come on Wednesday, but she's got another job and she always seems to have to leave by two - and on Wednesday I have a work session for the long musical in the morning and I couldn't start before twelve-thirty.  I asked her to do what she needed to do to spend at least three hours here - if she can't, I have to have someone else do it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »

Hi Amy, nice to see you :)

Jane

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »

Amy

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2010, 03:19:45 PM »

TOD:

I was disappointed that there wasn't a finale episode of "Thirty Something" and I read an article that quoted one of the writers saying that they would have liked very much to write a finale episode, but they weren't given any forewarning.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Thank you, thank you for the multitude of birthday wishes--even from Jeanne the Momcat! I do appreciate them all!

Jane

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

DR jane re: the ice cream sandwiches you posted yesterday. Mine are like the first. The rectangle ones you get at the grocery store.

And re: what time i bake at in the mornings. i meant like 8am.

Usually I see the top sandwich in vanilla & it is my preference.  When I do see a gourmet one like the bottom photo vanilla or chocolate is good. 

I suppose 8:00AM isn't too late, depending how hot the day will be.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »

TOD:

I'm in the camp with DRs Ben and Kerry (and others); I have never seen LOST. But the group at the table next to mine at lunch had. Not only that--they were discussing the TOD! Funny, they didn't look like DRs...

Jane

« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2010, 03:27:07 PM »

From one Jeanne to another:

Happy Birthday!

She is as special as her namesake.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »

I'll see what I can do about DR Ron's birthday wish to me. For now, though, I'm taking lots of "me" time, which I really do need.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »

- first we'll make our 3rd trip to the BMV to try to get her non-driver state ID renewed. 

GOOD LUCK!  I presume you will make sure she has ALL the paperwork this time.

And then some, DR Jane!  Mission accomplished and the photo on her ID is a great picture of her - wish I could get a copy of it!

Finally!! :D  Try scanning the photo.  I bet DS Rob can copy it for you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »

I have never seen LOST...

It was always on when I worked.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »

Greetings one and alll.. .Was able to sneak on here at work...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:57 PM »

DH has a knack of finding old and forgotten telly shows...

He found Bruce.. on Tabatha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsKTgt_NqpQ&feature=related

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:58 PM »

Thank you, Jane. DC Jeanne is indeed quite regal.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »

Happy Birthday Jeanne... I hope you have a FANTASTIC day!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up