Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: VAMPING  (Read 25162 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:VAMPING
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2006, 01:40:22 PM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am, indeed, still around, Dear Reader Laura. Nice to see your faces, dear people of HHW. I have to admit I've lurked on occasion - but did not get faces with the posts. Suddenly, in the non-lurk mode, I see you all (or the ones here at the moment) once again. You look swell.
For those of you who get the Independent Film Channel - The Independent Spirit Awards are on live and unedited today at two. Worth TIVO-ing. Much better than the Oscars, IMHO. Totally casual and crazy and quite unscripted. And this year, with most of the same players as the Oscars. The nightime rerun on AMC (or one of the other movie channels - can't remember) is edited and not as much fun. Will return to lurk later today. Thanks again for the wishes!

How wonderful to see our beloved Panni posting at this here site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

PANNI!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2006, 01:46:30 PM »

As for my Oscar Picks...

Out of the major contenders, I saw "Brokeback Mountain" first, and then caught up on the rest of them.  -And most of them I've seen in the past couple of weeks.  Seeing the so-called front-runner first and then the so-called underdogs has been very interesting in regards to the awards race and speculations.  It really does seem like their could be a lot of surprises tomorrow night, at least in regards to a "Brokeback Sweep".  -Remember what happened with "The Color Purple"?

Ah yes!  Thank goodness Mr. Speilberg did not direct BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »

Hello all!

Today was such a lovely day I spent most of it sitting out side just taking in the sunshine and fresh air.

I think that I am doing very well and all of your healing vibes have been the greatest!  

Happy Birthday to Dear Reader Panni!  It's so wonderful to see you post.  Again I am forced to say, has it already been a year since we met in NY?

DR Joy, I'm so glad that you landed your dream job.  It must be a wonderful feeling!  I hope that it is everything you wanted and more.  

After talking about potato pancakes at Arties the other day, my mouth has been watering for them.  So that is what I'm going to make for dinner.  YUM!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2006, 01:55:03 PM »

And here's why I hate reality TV.

I heard the following conversation on a show:

"Shut up."
"Why don't YOU shut up?"
"Hey, I am the only one who told you to your face that I don't like you."
"Well, that's really sad.  If you don't like me then just pretend like I don't exist and stay out of my face."
"Why don't you just shut up and then I CAN pretend like you don't exist."
"No, YOU shut up."
"Alcoholic bitch."

Excuse me, Joy!  I believe Eugene O'Neil wrote that dialogue for LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:56:52 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2006, 01:55:05 PM »

As for the Oscars, yawn.  I really don't care one way or the other.  No one that I like ever wins anyway.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2006, 01:56:17 PM »

Who I would like to win.....

Best Picture - Capote or Good Night and Good Luck - Brokeback Mountain was ok,  but it wasn't my favorite, and they were sheepherders - there isn't a cow in the movie

Best Supporting Actor - I would pick David Strathairn - I loved his Murrow

Well, to be fair, Jake's Jack Twist character was a rodeo cowboy. I can't remember if it was bulls or bronchos that he rode, but he WAS a cowboy.

David is in the Best Actor category.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »

How wonderful to see Panni's avatar back with us even if it was just for a moment!

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »

I thought I had made my way through all of THE GREEN HORNET episodes that Encores plays on Friday and Saturday mornings (they only made a couple dozen of them during its one season), but since I hadn't seen them in awhile, I set the DVR to pick up this morning's entry, and lo and behold, I had NOT seen it. Peter Haskell was the villain, and it was such a treat to get to see a "new" episode of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2006, 02:04:50 PM »

I got a new Critics' Choice DVD catalog (and a CD catalog, too) in the mail today, so I'll be perusing it a little later to see upcoming DVDs. Always a lot of fun to flip through these catalogs seeing what's new and what they're putting on sale.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »

Excuse me, Joy!  I believe Eugene O'Neil wrote that dialogue for LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT.

I thought he called her a crack whore and not an alcoholic bitch!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »

I will head out now and hopefully catch the 6:00 showing of CAPOTE.  With my luck, I'll get there to find it's sold out!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »

Anyone else interested in "joining" this:

http://predict.oscar.go.com/predict/frontpage

It's Entertainment Weekly's "World's Largest Oscar Pool".  You can win a pass to the Red Carpet area for next year's Oscars.  However, you can also Create and Join a group, this way you and your friends can keep track of each other's predictions.

So...  I've started a "private" group called "HainesHisWay".  And the password is what our beloved leader, BK, calls all of us who get to bed before he does and don't post until the wee hours of the morning.  (all lower-case).

:)

I joined the group too. It was very easy. So far it's Jose and I....

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »

So, I do plan to "visit" DOGVILLE tonight for its three hour length. Didn't hear much about it when it was in theaters. I know it didn't do much business, but I'm still interested in seeing it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »

Well, to be fair, Jake's Jack Twist character was a rodeo cowboy. I can't remember if it was bulls or bronchos that he rode, but he WAS a cowboy.

David is in the Best Actor category.

You are right on both counts, I stand corrected.  Make that George Clooney for Best Supporting. Jack may have been a rodeo cowboy, but he also herded sheep

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »

I went to TRANSAMERICA this afternoon and I am really glad I did. I guess I didn't realize it would be so funny.  I would definitly pick Felicity Huffman.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2006, 02:31:56 PM »

I would LOVE to see Felicity take it. She's wonderful in everything she does.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »

Heading down now to flip through that DVD catalog and then on the road to DOGVILLE.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »

Anyone else interested in "joining" this:

http://predict.oscar.go.com/predict/frontpage

It's Entertainment Weekly's "World's Largest Oscar Pool".  You can win a pass to the Red Carpet area for next year's Oscars.  However, you can also Create and Join a group, this way you and your friends can keep track of each other's predictions.

So...  I've started a "private" group called "HainesHisWay".  And the password is what our beloved leader, BK, calls all of us who get to bed before he does and don't post until the wee hours of the morning.  (all lower-case).

I joined!  However, I must say that the password is the singular form, not the plural. ;)

As for Oscar predictions, I've only seen "Brokeback Mountain" (as he hangs his head in shame), so I really can't even predict who I'd like to see win. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm glad I went out for my walk.  Yes, it was a bit brisk and breezy, but it felt good to get out of the house for a bit and stretch my legs.  -I walked to the post office, so I was able to take care of some mail stuff too.

And now I've have some chicken in the oven, and I'm re-heating the rest of the mac'n'cheese that my Dad brought home yesterday.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »

I joined!  However, I must say that the password is the singular form, not the plural. ;)

Ah, yes, the singular form of the word.

Hmm... I guess I could come up with a Sparkling Prize for the "winner" of the Oscar Pool.

Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2006, 03:02:22 PM »

On a non-Oscar note, did anyone else watch NUMB3RS last night?  I really do love that show.  And last night the guest stars were Robert Forster and Mary Kay Place.  What a trip!  I just love Mary Kay Place.  I think she is a wonderful actress.  I think she should have gotten an Oscar (back on subject) for THE BIG CHILL.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2006, 03:02:52 PM »

I went to TRANSAMERICA this afternoon and I am really glad I did. I guess I didn't realize it would be so funny.  I would definitly pick Felicity Huffman.

I had the same reaction.  And the humor was never forced.  I also had no idea the word play involved with the title of the movie.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2006, 03:03:57 PM »

I hope DR elmore is currently ensconced at Lincoln Center Cinemas watching the Coming Attractions before "Capote" begins.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Panni!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2006, 03:12:23 PM »

Enough puttering for a while.  DH Richard and I are going out to do a little shopping and get some dinner.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »

Happy Birthday Panni!!!   Good to see you here, if only for a minute or three.

FJL

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

Catching up after a day at the office.  All this talk of handymen and repairmen reminds me of a favorite song from my childhood:

You got someone who loves you
You got someone who cares
You got someone to fix you up
If ever you need repairs

You got someone to take the time
To listen to your prayers
I got, you got, everybody do got
Someone who cares

I forget the rest of the song, though...  :)

Thanks, Rodzinski for the Pufnstuf link.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »

I have now joined the group, although it took me twenty minutes to figure out what the heck I was doing.  And DR George, I would never have known that you were 55!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2006, 03:37:18 PM »

I have now joined the group, although it took me twenty minutes to figure out what the heck I was doing.  And DR George, I would never have known that you were 55!

Welcome to the club!

*And I think it's cool that the picks of the other members in your group cannot be viewed until the telecast begins.  No Peeking!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »

OH!  Just received this pic from a friend of mine.  It's from the Las Vegas production of Hairspray.  I believe that's Mr. Kevin Spirtas as Corny Collins in the middle.  -And my friend, Nick, in the red and pink plaid on the left.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 03:40:31 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up